Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Justin Fields struggles in loss to Rome Friday night
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Justin Fields struggles in loss to Rome Friday night

Aug 27, 2017, 8:39 AM

By: Jim Halley, USA TODAY High School Sports | August 25, 2017

One week after being involved in six touchdowns, Harrison (Kennesaw, Ga.) quarterback Justin Fields, the top-rated quarterback in the 2018 class, had a tougher week in a 33-21 non-region loss to Rome.

He passed for two touchdowns and ran for a score, but he fumbled once and was intercepted late in the game.

On the opening drive, he was stripped by Rome’s Ja’Quon Griffin, who rambled 32 yards on the return for a touchdown to put the defending AAAA champions up 7-0.

Fields answered with 6:06 to go in the first quarter with a sharp 12-yard pass in the right flat to Steven Peterson for a touchdown.

Early in the second quarter, the Wolves (1-0), who are the defending AAAAA state champions, went up 14-7 as Jamious Griffin ran it from the Harrison 24. Rome stretched it to 17-7 on a 21-yard field goal by Jose Leon with 4:43 to go in the first half.

Fields connected with Lawrence Shadd III on a quick screen and Shadd turned it into a 40-yard touchdown catch to trim Rome’s lead to 17-14 with 9:35 left in the third quarter.

The Hoyas (1-1) took their only lead when Fields ran it in from the 12-yard line to put his team up 21-17 with 3:14 to go in the third quarter.

The Wolves came right back, though, on a Knox Kadum 48-yard touchdown pass to Xavier Roberts with 50 seconds left in the quarter. After a fumble by Micah Davis just inside his own 40, Kadum returned to Roberts for a 30-yard touchdown pass to start the fourth quarter, putting Rome up 30-21.

Leon hit his second field goal of the night, this one from 25 yards, to put the Wolves up 33-21 with 4:50 to go. With four minutes left, Harrison’s final drive ended when Quenterrius Kennemore picked off a pass by Fields.

http://usatodayhss.com/2017/top-ranked-qb-justin-fields-struggles-in-harrisons-loss-to-rome

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Justin Fields struggles in loss to Rome Friday night

Aug 27, 2017, 8:48 AM

Meanwhile Trevor Lawrence walks in water

Aug 27, 2017, 8:52 AM

Meanwhile, Trevor Lawrence throws for over 400 yards and leads his team to a hard fought victory, again.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2017, 8:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Justin Fields struggles in loss to Rome Friday night ]

On*

Aug 27, 2017, 9:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Justin Fields struggles in loss to Rome Friday night ]

"Meanwhile Trevor Lawrence walks on water."

That's exactly what I was thinking! That kid is simply unbelievable.

Aug 27, 2017, 9:21 AM

I don't know about Fields opponent, but TL's teams appeared to be playing a pee wee team.

I'm pretty sure the Coots don't play until next Saturday.***

Aug 27, 2017, 9:57 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2017, 2:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Justin Fields struggles in loss to Rome Friday night ]

Yeah ..... and TLwill never have a 4.9 QB rating against a legitimate power % team like your hero Jack Benchley!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2017, 3:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Justin Fields struggles in loss to Rome Friday night ]

TL played a solid high school team but proves his reasoning for being across every recruiting board by doing what he's done the last 32 games. Unlike Fields Lawrence is yet to falter and remains undefeated at 32-0 as a starter. Fields shines in drills/non contact. Lawrence shines when it matters.

The halftime announcers were talking about

Aug 27, 2017, 9:22 AM

how kids should be evaluated during games, not in camps. Fields jumped in the rankings based on 7v7 camp play. This is why coaches say that everyone looks fast in shorts.

Trevor rolled, Justin didn't. I expect the rankings (ESPN, some others follow the philosophy espoused during halftime) to flip before the season is over.

^^^ EXACTLY

Aug 27, 2017, 9:53 AM

Nuff Said!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1/2 season Heisman and camp rated HS players

Aug 27, 2017, 10:02 AM [ in reply to The halftime announcers were talking about ]

I'll take championships instead.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 1/2 season Heisman and camp rated HS players

Aug 27, 2017, 12:04 PM

who cares i don't it's easy to see he's the best qb in the nation. I couldn't care if he was 20th best
rankings it's all about the money.

Aug 27, 2017, 12:12 PM

there is a big difference between 7 on 7 drills with no pressure and having 6'6" Defensive line men to trying to murder you on every play.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2017, 2:51 PM

7 X 7 competition isn't called the "Underwear Olympics" for no reason.

Yet, as of midnight last night, "Fields, the top rated QB in

Aug 27, 2017, 8:19 PM

the nation, dah, dah" was the only recruiting article on ESecPN. They had one video clip of him with a weak jump over dback as a highlight.

Still on ESecPn it is only"Fields, the top rated QB in

Aug 27, 2017, 8:27 PM

The only article under recruiting, 18 hrs. later, unbelievable, just because TL is committed to Clemson, and they are pulling for Fields to go to SEC team. I hope he goes to FSU instead.

Wish it mattered. Fields is uncommited, so he'll stay at #1 to sell magazines***

Aug 27, 2017, 9:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

I don't care if TL is rated dead last.

Aug 27, 2017, 9:24 PM

I'll take him over Fields or any other HS quarterback I've ever seen.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic