Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is as good as it gets.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 3,740

This is as good as it gets.

Aug 23, 2017, 9:47 PM

Coots actually trying to work out how and when they get into the Top 10. SMH

https://southcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/what-win-will-put-us-in-top-25-and-top-10.239353/

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is as good as it gets.

Aug 23, 2017, 9:55 PM

Even if the heavens parted and they get to our game undefeated and top 10 (When pigs fly or for that matter, when chickens fly), they will come crashing down hard when the Tigers give them another plucking. These people remind me of little boys playing grownup games, all dreams but no ability.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL...top 10 in the conference maybe...

Aug 23, 2017, 10:52 PM

but the National Poll, they'll be lucky to sniff the top fifty.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: LOL...top 10 in the conference maybe...

Aug 23, 2017, 10:58 PM

Proverbial ostrich with head in the sand. You know it's bad when SEC network crew calls for you to have a 4-5 win season.

Aug 24, 2017, 8:53 AM

If they will just succumb to the reality that is their own football fortunes .
Good lawd , what hopeless optimism must be like .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 24, 2017, 10:16 AM

That topic will be irrelevant in 9 days when NC State brings them back to reality.

Aug 24, 2017, 10:33 AM

After reading the thread, there are a good number of Carolina supporters that are trying to tap the brakes on that subject. Seems some of them are being reasonable and just want to get incrementally better each year. Not all fans are delusional on any team, and some are on every team.

I do not think that Carolina will have a good year. Just does not look like they have the talent yet. They do have some good players, just not nearly enough.

If you look at last year, there were a good number of teams we played with a lot less talent that gave us all we wanted, and one that beat us. That is why we play the games. Clemson should be in a position to contend again this year, but we have to play better than last year. I believe Bryant will be a really good quarterback for us, on the level of Tajh Boyd, but it took DW4 to pull out a bunch of games last year that the Tigers did not seem to play up to their potential.

This should be a really fun year for us. Hope to go back to the playoffs, but whether we do or not, it should be interesting.

Aug 24, 2017, 10:51 AM

Carolina? I thought the subject was USuC mediocrity? Why are you discussing North Carolina?

Aug 24, 2017, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Re: This is as good as it gets. ]

You do realize the team was sleep walking through much of the season. In games that mattered or they cared about they seemed to take care of business. I don't think SCar will ever get the luxury of playing a team that isn't interested.

7 post with terms like reasonable, yet, and good when describing SCar. Tread carefully my friend.

null

Aug 24, 2017, 6:17 PM

I surely do realize the team was sleep walking. It took the loss to Pitt to wake the team up so they played to their potential. With out DW4, I don't think we will have the ability to sleep walk and still win the games. If this team plays to their ability, it should have a good shot at the playoffs.
I am hopeful that with our defense, we should be in all the games.

I did not say that all the Coots were reasonable, just some! Even a bad team can be dangerous given the right circumstance. Remember 2015? Really don't want a repeat of that.

Aug 24, 2017, 6:25 PM [ in reply to Re: This is as good as it gets. ]

You are correct. And there are several actual rational fans over there tbh. Harvard ####, King Ward and Jeff usually keep it grounded. There is one guy No no who has GOT to be one of yall, lol. He dings the program daily, and Manafold is either a Tiger trolling or the craziest dude since Sportssuites. Either way, I won't lie, I get a lot of laughs at their daily interactions. Besides, otherwise how would I find out about all our news and scandals, like New Spring, that Dabo is going to Bama after this year, and Brent to K State, etc.. lmao

The thread starts with "Let's say we keep winning. "

Aug 24, 2017, 10:58 AM

Don't you have to START winning first? Or are they transferring WBB wins to the football team?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The thread starts with "Let's say we keep winning. "

Aug 24, 2017, 6:28 PM

^ That might have to be a thing. Or they get a bit of a boost from Bass fishing. Equestrian dosn't count since only like 8 schools actually have a program, but every one has country boys who like to fish.

"10-2 is going to be easy. Who agrees?"...

Aug 24, 2017, 8:36 PM

...I'll have some of what he's having lol.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Replies: 13
| visibility 3,740
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic