Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NCAA final decision on UNC violations
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

NCAA final decision on UNC violations

Aug 23, 2017, 4:31 PM

Has anything been released by the NCAA-UNC officials who were to meet W-Th 8/16-17?
There has been nothing reported in the GrvlNews that I have seen. Anyone from Raleigh who might know?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NCAA final decision on UNC violations

Aug 23, 2017, 4:33 PM

Not yet and I think it will be a while still as I'm sure UNCheat will find a way to prolong it from being released publicly for as long as they can....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UNC is fleecIng their alumni to come up with more money

Aug 24, 2017, 9:02 AM

To fight this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Aug 23, 2017, 4:34 PM

They are going to have to fire Swofford before anything ever happens to UNCheat. PERIOD.

ACC schools need to get together (sans UNC or Swofford) and make a decision on Swofford, and show some fortitude.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's what the NCAA does

Aug 23, 2017, 4:36 PM

1. Take forever to investigate
2. Claim they can't punish because everyone involved is gone and it would hurt the innocent players that are there now.

They didn't feel that way about the Fab 5 and Michigan

Aug 23, 2017, 5:38 PM

They still got hammered

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2017, 4:51 PM

Another perspective on that issue is that the SEC commissioner Silva(?) in speaking for the Power Five football conferences sent a thinly veiled threat to head of NCAA that if the NCAA didn't 'get things right' the Power Five would bypass the NCAA and go it alone.
That was a few years ago and my recall on that issue may not be perfect. NCAA likely would fold without proceeds from Final Four basketball tournament. Its been a long time since neither UNC or Duke were in the Final Four. Is that basically accurate?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2017, 4:51 PM

I'm in Raleigh. No one expects anything soon. The hearing just happened so it might be months still.

UNC's reputation is tarnish (academics) regardless of what happens.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2017, 5:36 PM

I think that they will get 5 more scholarships than anyone, and they are to be placed in the FB playoffs at the end of the season for the next 5 years. They will also receive 5 extra hours of practice time each week for the next 5 years. And I'm pretty sure the rest will be dished out in the next 5 years!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2017, 6:44 PM

I expect to hear something between Halloween and Thanksgiving.

The NCAA has claimed in the most public form possible, that UNC's behavior in this matter is 100% the NCAA's business. If the NCAA now chooses to do nothing about that behavior, then some NCAA heads need to roll.

I heard December ...

Aug 24, 2017, 9:33 AM

They thought everyone would forget about it .... not.

Aug 24, 2017, 9:44 AM

let's see what @tarheeledtiger has to say on the subject

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic