Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wow, just wow...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

Wow, just wow...

Aug 23, 2017, 12:23 PM

I hope this guy isn't employed at Clemson much longer.

#NotMyClemson
#NoMore$$ForClemsonFund

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9626

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow, just wow...

Aug 23, 2017, 12:25 PM

Eff that liberal pos.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2017, 2:26 PM

Obviously in order to be a college professor today, you automatically qualify if you are a close minded left wing Democrat with hatred and animosity toward anyone you may disagree with.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well it's not like they could do anything else.***

Aug 23, 2017, 3:37 PM

Aug 23, 2017, 12:26 PM

email sent! Hope others will do same.

Go Tigers!

I'd pay to see ole Bart punch a nazzi***

Aug 23, 2017, 12:30 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Best solution..Bert punches Nazi. Nazi unleashes his

Aug 23, 2017, 12:35 PM

skinhead anger on ol' Bert. Bert can't teach for a while..Nazi skinhead sits for a couple years in prison.

Win - win as long as it's recorded.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

LMAO, this from the party of not judging people.

Aug 23, 2017, 12:35 PM

Keep up the BS left, i'll sit back and watch how it turns out for you.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

We'll see how he likes having his free speech trampled

Aug 23, 2017, 2:46 PM

That'll be funny.

Are you responding to the right post? I didn't say he should

Aug 23, 2017, 2:51 PM

be censored. I insinuated he was being hypocritical.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, I saw that

Aug 23, 2017, 2:55 PM

I'm saying that people like him always call for people to be fired when they say things that offend someone. That's hypocritical. Now he's going to be fired for saying something offensive. It's great. See what happens when free speech is taken away? Bet he's not as big a fan.

Ahhh, I misunderstood. As usual.***

Aug 23, 2017, 3:26 PM

Don't want to debate, but that's not how free speech works

Aug 23, 2017, 7:23 PM [ in reply to Yes, I saw that ]

He is free to say absolutely whatever he would like. However, he is not free from the consequences of his speech. The University firing him will not be a suppression of free speech. It will simply be a punishment for speech that is condoning illegal activities.

The same thing applies to anybody at their place of work. You are free to tell your boss to #### off and kiss your ###, but that does not make you free from the consequences of your speech.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Don't want to debate, but that's not how free speech works

Aug 23, 2017, 7:29 PM

You are correct. He could be fired. But he could also sue for a presumed violation of his constitutional rights because Clemson is a State Government School.

The right to free speech prevents "government' suppression of personal political speech.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

If Clemson were a private school you would be correct.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I disagree

Aug 23, 2017, 7:50 PM

Clemson is not suppressing his free political speech by firing him. Clemson is suppressing and punishing his condoning of violence towards a group that includes many students AT CLEMSON UNIVERSITY.

If he had just said that he thinks Trump supporters are racist or that he disagrees with them or anything political, that would be different. But he has explicitly mentioned violent actions.

Re: I disagree

Aug 23, 2017, 7:58 PM

I'm not making anything up, my statement was merely analgous to your suggestion that we just silence someone's speech in the off chance that some listener may cause someone violence.

If that were the case, Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, Michael Savage, Milo Yianopolous and dozens of others would have to be silenced.

And lets not forget the Daily Stormer, The KKK and other Right Wing White Supremacists who have a Constititutionally protected right to spread their hate-filled garbage.

(I do not suggest that the former list has anything to do with the latter. They just say some crazy #### too. Hannity is a pure propagandist.)

So to your point, what if someone had killed Clinton after hearing Trump's rants and 'lock her up' chants?

See, it works both ways. The Professor and Trumps speech are equally offensive. But both have a right to speak them.

Re: I disagree

Aug 23, 2017, 8:25 PM

So do you think Clemson should fire him due to his condoning of violence, potentially towards other Clemson students?
Based on what you've provided about the freedom of speech, it protects his political views, but not his condoning of illegal activities.

I'm not sure if Fox News or any of those guys have ever condoned violence. If they have, then I don't care if you fire them or shut them down. I've also never listened to any of those 3 and I actively avoid news channels due to the obvious bias of all of them.

I absolutely agree with you and do not support any of the white supremacist groups. I have many friends and family members of different ethnicities, religions and political views. I don't even know who Hannity is.

Did Trump condone violently harming Clinton?

Again, I'm not offended by him calling me a racist. I know where I stand and I care only what my wife and God believe I am. My only problem with his posts are his condoning of violence.

Aug 23, 2017, 12:48 PM

I just sent an email to Dr. Clements, asking him to clean up the campus and take out the trash.

This idiot is from UCal-Irvine - not sure why these bozos aren't vetted - unless Clements wants to turn the campus into the Berkeley of the Southeast.... if so, that's enough reason to start another conversation.

Aug 23, 2017, 12:51 PM

I hope he gets fired immediately

Aug 23, 2017, 1:01 PM

He is an un-tenured assistant professor. He may be out-kicking his coverage with this sort of public statement.

I'd like to punch him in the face for wanting to punch others in the face.

Aug 23, 2017, 1:05 PM

AmIDoingItRight?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe, but you not doing

Aug 23, 2017, 7:34 PM

ESCALATION right.

Work on it.

It's a lot better than just getting even.

is there something wrong with calling half of America racist

Aug 23, 2017, 1:10 PM

and deserving of being beaten or killed?

I hear that pretty much every time I flip over to the cable news at night.
That's just normal, rational behavior these days ;)

Fired?

Aug 23, 2017, 2:30 PM

That would be hypocritical.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

No it would not. He is making an appeal to incite violence.

Aug 23, 2017, 2:53 PM

He should be fired today.

An ESPN reporter was reassigned simply for having

Aug 23, 2017, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Fired? ]

the same name as a guy who's been dead for over 100 years.

This guy is calling the majority of his students racist for no reason and inciting/condoning violence.

He should be fired immediately.

What if the shoe was on the other foot? What if someone made the same claims against the alt left? Think that person would be fired? I do.

Aug 23, 2017, 2:35 PM

I am someone who sits in the middle politically. Anyone who advocates violence is unacceptable to me.

I have heard this man's name a number of times at this point and I really do wonder how he is teaching at any university?

Bizarre

Aug 23, 2017, 2:48 PM

no other word.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Aug 23, 2017, 2:50 PM

I didn't know a young Annie Lennox was at Clemson***

Aug 23, 2017, 2:52 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Aug 23, 2017, 2:54 PM

Today I learned that Dr. Ben Carson is a white supremacist.
I also learned that being insane does not prevent you from teaching at Clemson.

Lollol, this from the so called party of.......

Aug 23, 2017, 4:01 PM

Peace, love, dove, inclusion, tolerance, anti- hate and tree hugging! ####### insane!

Aug 23, 2017, 4:06 PM

always fun when the opinions of one person cause a millions butts to cry out in pain.

Trump must be having a blast then***

Aug 23, 2017, 4:48 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2017, 4:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Wow, just wow... ]

It's not just the pain of crying out, its the pain he advocates to inflict by violence. Doesn't need to be influencing young minds.

Violence is hate, KKK or the Soros army.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2017, 8:30 PM

he suggested people punch nazis, not sure how much pain that is causing. But hey, if we are going to draw a line in the sand between people expressing their first amendment rights, on one side is neo nazis and the KKK, and the other is a whiny liberal College professor, I would hope you do not have think to hard on which side to stand on.

What will you say when one of his students

Aug 23, 2017, 7:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Wow, just wow... ]

Harms or kills a conservative Clemson student simply because they are white or voted for Trump? What if either was your child?

Re: What will you say when one of his students

Aug 23, 2017, 7:34 PM

I'd probably said what you said when the White Nationalists plowed a car into those protesting them in order to send a message to others who might protest them?

You know, the part where Trump and Republican's in general refused to use the term 'Radical White Supremacist Terrorist".

Those weren't words, that was terrorism.

What if it had been your child?

What are you talking about?

Aug 23, 2017, 7:46 PM

That has nothing to do with what I posted and is just trying to change the subject.

Also, I've never condoned white supremacy or any violence towards people protesting them. I'm not sure why you've made this up.

Go to Clemson's social media pages

Aug 23, 2017, 5:11 PM

That does more than any letter these days. Anyone justifying violence should be fired immediately!

Re: Wow, just wow... Exactly

Aug 23, 2017, 7:18 PM

The Constitution clearly states that "Free Speech is reserved only for those whom we agree with."

Yeah, fire his asz.... he said something we disagree with!

Re: Wow, just wow... Exactly

Aug 23, 2017, 7:25 PM

Sorry, forgot to mention that the website you quoted is a far right-wing rag, click bait machine that's famous for spreading fake news?

You guys gotta look at who's saying what they're saying and why their saying it before you take it so seriously.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/campus-reform/

They have pictures of his and other's posts on Facebook...

Aug 23, 2017, 7:37 PM

That's pretty good sourcing. Unless you have a reason to believe or evidence that these posts are fake or the images are doctored. If you have this, please provide it.

Re: They have pictures of his and other's posts on Facebook...

Aug 23, 2017, 8:38 PM

If pictures are good sourcing these days than balm should win a Pulitzer.

Coming from a conservative

Just sayin

MAGA***

Aug 23, 2017, 11:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic