Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Without question DW4
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,480

Without question DW4

Aug 23, 2017, 11:15 AM

Was the best QB that the Tigers have had with T Boyd being a close second but remember that both of them had excellent receivers to help them out. How many unbelievable catches did we see Williams and Leggett and Hopkins and several others make that allowed us to win big games? I'll never forget 'the catch' against LSU that started us on the road to greatness. Now the question is.... does Bryant have those same quality pass catchers to throw to at crunch time? We will have to wait to find the answer to that question. KB may not have the early success that Watson had but it may not be all his fault. Cain, Renfro,Thompson, and the new kids will have to step up early if we hope to beat Auburn,Louisville, VPI, and FSU. I bet coach DS knows this. Tee it up

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IF KB gets the ball to their hands........

Aug 23, 2017, 11:19 AM

we'll be in great shape. Playmakers all over the field.

Fuller was as good as Boyd (without the amazing receivers

Aug 23, 2017, 11:29 AM

that you're speaking of).

Re: Fuller was as good as Boyd (without the amazing receivers

Aug 23, 2017, 3:19 PM

That is the point of this post. Super receivers make very good QB's look great. Do we have that kind of receiver to help Bryant become great?

We could add a lot of past signal callers to this 'greatest' list if the receivers had been of the quality (and quantity) that we now have. Homer wasn't a great QB but he won several big games without the big pass catcher. I recall one game that he excelled in!

Re: Without question DW4

Aug 23, 2017, 11:37 AM

great question and good comment because we do have playmakers all over the place. Think Tee will be one of the most valuable. HR runs outstanding routes and has proven he can go up and snag it from anywhere.

However, what concerns me is this: As great as DW4, Leggett, Williams, Nuk, Sammy, etc all are it took a bit for DW4 and TB to gel with the receivers and get on the same page so to speak. And we don't seem to have that go to crunch play with Leggett this year... May be rough sledding at first and we don't have that luxury of a slow start. Got to hit it right out the gate with our schedule.

I really think (but hope not) we are looking at grind it out last drive 4th qtr games like 24-20, 13-6, or 17-16 etc type games with the tougher opponents. That's all making the assumption that our awesome D will be holding very tough explosive opponents to some very low scoring.

As a side note, this is why I am disappointed KB got the starting job. Not that I don't like KB or think he can't do it, just was hoping we really had a DW4-esq QB in HJ...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2017, 11:59 AM

KB may well just be that dynamic. All we have seen of him is mop up duty where we were mainly trying to run clock. I hope he is great, and he may well be, but we soon will know. I hope all of us are very pleasantly surprised.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2017, 11:44 AM

IMO you should add Homer Jordan , Charlie Whitehurst and possibly even R. Williams, he was the winning QB during many games under DF. They did a lot with less talent than Clemson has now.

Message was edited by: wueagle86®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,480
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic