»
Topic: FB Update: ESPN releases statement on moving Robert Lee from UVA game
Replies: 103   Last Post: Aug 26, 2017 7:56 PM by: TAFC_5_81
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 103   Pages: 5  
[ 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]

FB Update: ESPN releases statement on moving Robert Lee from UVA game

[1]
Posted: Aug 23, 2017 6:58 AM

ESPN releases statement on moving Robert Lee from UVA game

Read Update »

this country is screwed

[7]
Posted: Aug 23, 2017 7:05 AM

I mean he's Asian

2018 white level member

Re: this country is screwed

[3]
Posted: Aug 23, 2017 7:20 AM

It's a non issue , and there's really no problem here . What I take from it is that there are currently people in the entertainment business that have a great deal of things that they understand and do well , and then a great deal that they do not understand and do not do so well .

This was not done well .

2018 purple level member

DB23

Re: this country is screwed

Posted: Aug 23, 2017 3:13 PM

100% Agreed

OMG? PC is out of control.***

[6]
Posted: Aug 23, 2017 7:05 AM

military_donation.jpg

Is this a joke?

[7]
Posted: Aug 23, 2017 7:13 AM

Either its part of a Saturday Night Live skit, or ESPN has lost touch with reality.

Re: Is this a joke?

[4]
Posted: Aug 23, 2017 7:44 AM

Even after reading the responses I found myself thinking this has to be a joke. Even 3 years ago this is a great SNL skit. Today...reality.

null

[7]
Posted: Aug 23, 2017 9:16 AM

From here on out, the thought of building of a statue will be a total gross waste of money in the future. What ever the statue maybe, it will surely offend somebody that will head up a group to find a reason to tear it down tomorrow. People in today's world is so out of touch with what's real today or about what history was of yesterday. People today are digging up the dead from long ago, and through their hatred they will want punish them today. If statues were outlawed today, the people that want to hate what was yesterday will just find someone or something else from our past or our present to hate!!! With what's going on in today's world is a sure sign that we're coming closer and closer to ending the world that we live in. Just read the Bible, what's happening today was clearly mapped out in the Bible over 2000 years ago bc it was learned even back then that the humans aren't happy unless we're destroying everything in our path. It was also known that our intelligence would evolve so that we could destroy man kind many times over. It would seem that we would be smart enough to rid our world of anything that could destroy us all, or at least be smart enough to let the past stay in the past so that we could be happy and allow our love for each other to be much stronger than our hate. Hate equals the destruction of everything living, and if we refuse to learn from our mistakes of our past, the end will be closer than we believe it to be. Breading Hate in our hearts is the deadliest poison on earth!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2018 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

[1]
Posted: Aug 23, 2017 1:49 PM

Call it treason punishable by death to tear down statues then see how many come down. That will fix these cowardly people.

[1]
Posted: Aug 23, 2017 1:04 PM

It appears that the PC crowd may have jumped the shark

Re: FB Update: ESPN releases statement on moving Robert Lee from UVA game

[3]
Posted: Aug 23, 2017 7:15 AM

96% of ESPN voted non Republican. What would you expect?

2018 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Posted: Aug 23, 2017 2:02 PM

What does voting republican or democrat have anything to do with this...im a democrat and i have a huge problem woth the statues being taken down and this PC nonsense.

[1]
Posted: Aug 23, 2017 3:16 PM

> 96% of ESPN voted non Republican. What would you
> expect?

Would love to see how you came up with this number along with any evidence supporting it.

I'm living in the world's largest HOA***

[4]
Posted: Aug 23, 2017 7:20 AM

Re: FB Update: Never heard of him until this article

[3]
Posted: Aug 23, 2017 7:33 AM

I would hate to live in that city and have the name Robert Lee. Do you suppose I would have to move?
This is ridiculous!!!

Re: Never heard of him until this article-Nor had I

[1]
Posted: Aug 23, 2017 7:46 AM

must be a new hire. I feel bad for him getting drawn into this when he shouldnt be

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Wouldn't you want to?***

Posted: Aug 23, 2017 7:57 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: FB Update: Never heard of him until this article

[4]
Posted: Aug 23, 2017 9:16 AM

I would love to have that name and live in that city, and no, I wouldn't move. I would be ready when they showed up, and it would go down something like mad Max staring in home alone.

2018 white level member

NEW YORK Herald, 1870

[16]
Posted: Aug 23, 2017 7:36 AM

“On a quiet autumn morning, in the land which he loved so well and served so faithfully, the spirit of Robert Edward Lee left the clay which it had so much ennobled and traveled out of this world into the great and mysterious land. Here in the North, forgetting that the time was when the sword of Robert Edward Lee was drawn against us—forgetting and forgiving all the years of bloodshed and agony—we have long since ceased to look upon him as the Confederate leader, but have claimed him as one of ourselves; have cherished and felt proud of his military genius; have recounted and recorded his triumphs as our own; have extolled his virtue as reflecting upon us—for Robert Edward Lee was an American, and the great nation which gave him birth would be today unworthy of such a son if she regarded him lightly.”

“Never had mother a nobler son. In him the military genius of America was developed to a greater extent than ever before. In him all that was pure and lofty in mind and purpose found lodgment. Dignified without presumption, affable without familiarity, he united all those charms of manners which made him the idol of his friends and of his soldiers and won for him the respect and admiration of the world. Even as in the days of triumph, glory did not intoxicate, so, when the dark clouds swept over him, adversity did not depress."

Is this a freaking joke?

[2]
Posted: Aug 23, 2017 7:40 AM

Seriously.

military_donation.jpg

FDR, 1936

[9]
Posted: Aug 23, 2017 7:58 AM

"I am very happy to take part in this unveiling of the statue of General Robert E. Lee.

All over the United States we recognize him as a great leader of men, as a great general. But, also, all over the United States I believe that we recognize him as something much more important than that. We recognize Robert E. Lee as one of our greatest American Christians and one of our greatest American gentlemen."

Franklin D. Roosevelt
72 - Remarks at the Unveiling of the Robert E. Lee Memorial Statue, Dallas, Texas.
June 12, 1936
Public Papers and Addresses of Franklin D. Roosevelt
1936, Texas

Replies: 103   Pages: 5  
[ 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]
Clemson Gear
Clemson Gear

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: Selling four 2018 football season tickets in section UG, lower level, south stands. Asking $1,750 EA...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
5967 people have read this post