Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Selling Tickets on Site (1st timer)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Selling Tickets on Site (1st timer)

Aug 22, 2017, 10:21 PM

What's been your experience selling tickets on this site? I'm a new season ticket holder and can't make all the games this year. Recently posted a few tickets but not sure how quickly tickets sell on this site.. Any insight would be appreciated.. thanks

Btw.. they are lower level/corner end zone tickets

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Depends on the game.

Aug 22, 2017, 10:28 PM

But it as good as any ticket exchanges.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Selling Tickets on Site (1st timer)

Aug 22, 2017, 10:31 PM

I've had good results over the past few years. Have go ven some away as well. Keep them amongst tiger fans please!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best thing is

Aug 23, 2017, 6:56 AM

they will usually be Tigers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Aug 23, 2017, 7:13 AM

I've sold on TigerNet many times. You have to have a strong stomach for it, as it can be a chaotic process (especially selling parking passes).

Pros: You're usually selling to a Tiger fan, you can make any kind of arrangement you want to transfer tickets, and you can get a good price if the market is good. It's also very easy to adjust your prices up or down. You can get repeat buyers and develop that relationship. For passes in particular, there is not a site-defined requirement to mail the next day "or else", like stubhub. (Stubhub has put me in tight situations in the past when they insisted I mail a pass same-day or else forfeit the sale.)

Cons: People wait until the last minute to purchase tickets because they want to see what the market does, so you either have to be very flexible with prices or very patient to get a last-minute offer. Oftentimes ticket seekers will contact multiple sellers with "interest" but off negotiations halfway through the process. People still get very confused by the notion of things like Paypal and electronic ticket transfer. And finally there is an element of blind trust that's required by both parties because there's no binding process like there is on stubhub. Most of the people who sell here are honest, but not everyone. You also, frankly, have to negotiate with some flat-out dumb people.

Even though my cons list is longer than the pros list, Tigernet is my preferred venue for selling tickets and parking passes. Among other things I have a better-than-average confidence that I'm selling my tickets to Tiger fans.

Oh, and best of all

Aug 23, 2017, 7:14 AM

You can avoid the annoyance of exorbitant overhead fees and commissions that third-party sites require. If your buyer trusts you enough, they can Paypal you their payment fee-free and save fees on both sides. I usually try to negotiate the deal so that the only fees I have to worry about are the cost of mailing+insurance, and occasionally the $5 electronic transfer fee that Clemson applies.

Aug 23, 2017, 7:15 AM

What games are you selling

Aug 23, 2017, 11:47 AM

Right now Auburn (selling 2 of my 4 tickets) and Wake Forest all 4 tickets and Parking Pass(lot 6)

Bower8510@hotmail.com

Is dat you Da'Quan?***

Aug 23, 2017, 11:58 AM

Aug 23, 2017, 2:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Selling Tickets on Site (1st timer) ]

How much for the Auburn tickets?

ALL THE PRICE GOGEING BY THE SO CALLED "CLMESON FANS"

Aug 23, 2017, 11:51 AM

MKAES ME SICK

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I usually list mine for about $300 and make fans talk me

Aug 23, 2017, 11:53 AM

down to $50 above face value.

The Wake game will probably only get you about $80 over face value.

Usually the easiest way to move tickets is to include

Aug 23, 2017, 11:57 AM

noodz with the tickets. That way you cover 2 basis. 1) if you're trying to profit off of them, you can say that they buyer is really purchasing nekkid pictures of your wife and the tickets are a complementary gift. B) Your adhearing to the Tigernat rules.

Been great. I normally ask get 2 times what I'd get on the

Aug 23, 2017, 12:01 PM

street for my tickets, and that's normally 75% over face value.

Half of the time, I don't even send the tickets out after getting payment anyways. The morans just send cash to my PO Box and then I reply with a bunch of dirty toilet paper in the self addressed stamped envelope they included with their cash.

I make sure to only sell to non-alumni t-shirt fans, as they're the most gullible. It's really a free for all.

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The t-shirt fans are good for this, but have you tried the

Aug 23, 2017, 12:03 PM

jersey wearing fans? Man wat a bunch of morans.

Once or twice, but I find they have trouble figuring out

Aug 23, 2017, 12:06 PM

how to operate a computer and keyboard on their own, and their handlers are normally pretty sharp and control all of the money. Very hit or miss with them.

If you can get them texting with you on their Razr out of sight of the nurses, then your odds increase significantly.

I don't have much experience with this. Try asking

Aug 23, 2017, 12:03 PM

ChestyPuller0311®

He had an early line on discount Natty tickets and seems to be a broker of some sort.

Chesty is just the front man. This is the broker..

Aug 23, 2017, 12:07 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=20568800

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Chesty brokers independent wealth by means of early

Aug 23, 2017, 12:10 PM [ in reply to I don't have much experience with this. Try asking ]

investment opportunities in Green Energy IPOs.

so whatever price you think is fair... multiply that by two

Aug 23, 2017, 12:08 PM

or three and thats how you price tickets for Clemson games. Then at the game you end up just selling for face b/c no one buys them on this site b/c of the jacked up prices.

Just be sure

Aug 23, 2017, 12:10 PM

you dont try to screw anyone over. There is rumored to be a serial killer on this bored.
Probably just a rumor though.

Its pretty easy to sell photoshopped stuff on Tnet

Aug 23, 2017, 12:10 PM

mangers will believe anything

Here's what you need to watch out for. This place is

Aug 23, 2017, 12:42 PM

rife with scammers.

Last year, for the ND game, I actually got a t-mail with a request from the Make-a-wish foundation to sell them my tickets in the handicapped section at an amount for something like $300 a ticket. They were so clever, they even sent a pic of the kid with Danny Ford and Dabo, a letter from him that was so nice it had to be fake, his family's name, address, phone number, and a time and place where I could meet them in person for lunch if I wanted to confirm they were real people.

Luckily I didn't fall for it and got $400 each. Just use your common sense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HELLO TIGER FRIEND.

Aug 23, 2017, 12:57 PM

YOU'RE PROBABLY GOING TO HAVE A HARD TIME SELLING TICKETS ON HERE SINCE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS SHOWS UP ON A EMAIL SPAM/SCAM REPORTING WEBSITE.

DON'T BELIEVE ME? TAKE A LOOK FOR YOURSELF: http://report-spam.email/bower8510/hotmail.com

I'M SURE IT IS A MISTAKE, JUST LIKE THAT TIME I ENDED UP ON A SEX OFFENDERS LIST FOR SCRATCHING MY CROTCH WHILE WATCHING KIDS AT THE PLAYGROUND.

BEST OF LUCK AND GOOOOOO TIGERS!!!!!

Tiger1825

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic