Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
activist PN has issued a statment ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 3,282

activist PN has issued a statment ...

Aug 22, 2017, 9:41 PM

UPDATE: ESPN ISSUES OFFICIAL STATEMENT ON MOVING ROBERT LEE FROM VIRGINIA GAME:

“We collectively made the decision with Robert to switch games as the tragic events in Charlottesville were unfolding, simply because of the coincidence of his name. In that moment it felt right to all parties. It’s a shame that this is even a topic of conversation and we regret that who calls play by play for a football game has become an issue.”

that is purely stupid though..they are the ones who made who calls play by play for a a football game an issue..could someone please step up and unseat this trash network fs1 im looking at you

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: activist PN has issued a statment ...

Aug 22, 2017, 9:48 PM

no shortage of stupid around this whole issue. rip everything down or leave everything alone. Nothing done over 100 years ago changes either way

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

150+ yrs... This is nothing but an orchestrated distraction.***

Aug 22, 2017, 9:50 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2017, 11:42 PM

I can only hope that some lawyer contacts Robert Lee and files the biggest lawsuit ever known for this absolutely absurd act. If this is condoned by America, then we have become a land of . May the activists rot in ####.

...as I suggested in an earlier post. He would undoubtedly

Aug 22, 2017, 11:51 PM

have a case. Discrimination works both ways. To be singled out like that is abhorrent.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I were him, I wouldn't sue

Aug 23, 2017, 12:06 AM

I would try to use this as leverage to announce better games than UVA football. They're a bottomfeeder, which means minimal exposure.

Aug 22, 2017, 11:52 PM [ in reply to Re: activist PN has issued a statment ... ]

Do we know that Mr. Robert Lee did not make the request to be moved himself?

...to keep his job?***

Aug 22, 2017, 11:54 PM

Re: ...to keep his job?***

Aug 22, 2017, 11:58 PM

No idea what you are asking.

I'm asking do you guys know for sure that This announcer did not ask his employer to be reassigned to another game due to his name and not wanting to go to ground zero of the recent clown show and ESPN simply agreed?

What does that have to do with anyone keeping their job?

"The producer suggested..." What part do you not understand?

Aug 23, 2017, 12:13 AM

Who do you really think came up with this? Do you have a clue now?

Seems kinda obvious it wasn't his choice...

Aug 23, 2017, 12:33 AM

...nor his request.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

^^^ But do you know for sure...?^^^***

Aug 23, 2017, 12:40 AM

Of course not, but based on the reports it seems...

Aug 23, 2017, 12:45 AM

...to be true.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Didn't mean you, thus the ^^^ .... FinishLine doesn't, tho..***

Aug 23, 2017, 1:08 AM

Re: "The producer suggested..." What part do you not understand?

Aug 23, 2017, 10:30 AM [ in reply to "The producer suggested..." What part do you not understand? ]

Where do you see "The producer suggested"?

The statement says that all agreed to it while the events were unfolding. You do not know, nor do I nor anyone else, whose idea it was originally. But yeah it's fun to pretend to know facts I guess...

Re: "The producer suggested..." What part do you not understand?

Aug 23, 2017, 11:04 AM

and here's our answer....it's always best to know facts. I agree the entire thing is dumb and ridiculous but I don't think ESPN deserves the onslaught of criticism that they are receiving. The idea was innocent and more to protect himself and the employer to protect their employee. However, it has back fired.

Aug 23, 2017, 6:43 AM [ in reply to Re: activist PN has issued a statment ... ]

I was just watching this on Fox News and a lawyer on there says there could not be a lawsuit over this because he was reassigned to another game, not fired because of is name. I agree that this is beyond stupid, but it doesn't look like there is anything that can be done legally.

Aug 23, 2017, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Re: activist PN has issued a statment ... ]

Activists are responsible for starting this country, activists on both sides of the issues were responsible for the Great Unpleasantness, activists kept Christianity alive in the Roman Empire and later led the split from the Holy Catholic Church, activists led the fight for women's rights and for civil rights.

Which of these activists would you like to see "rot in helll"?

If you're not passionate about something, your rot has begun.

Aug 23, 2017, 12:09 AM

There is irony here. You complain about them making a big deal about this, but it seems like you are making a big deal about them making a big deal about it.

...and that can be said about ANYTHING. BS.***

Aug 23, 2017, 12:14 AM

Ridiculous statement. How would you like it...

Aug 23, 2017, 12:19 AM [ in reply to Re: activist PN has issued a statment ... ]

...if an announcer named Martin King was removed for the same reason?

the irony is that PC ESPN discriminated against a minority***

Aug 23, 2017, 12:30 AM [ in reply to Re: activist PN has issued a statment ... ]

Shhhhh.... That doesn't fit the narrative.***

Aug 23, 2017, 12:33 AM

I Think It's Because Lee Is a VC***

Aug 23, 2017, 1:06 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 3,282
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic