Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kelly Bryant
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Kelly Bryant

Aug 22, 2017, 11:49 AM

So he's the starter I'm behind him 100%. But how many people think he will be the starter by the end of the year? I really don't think he will be because if we do start struggling in a game. I would imagine Dabo would bench him for Johnson or cooper to ignite a spark. I don't think he would continue to play if we are losing and he's not playing well thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People that have ACTUALLY seen practice say KB2

Aug 22, 2017, 11:53 AM

is the REAL deal and has IT. Knuckle Draggers on message boards don't.

Re: People that have ACTUALLY seen practice say KB2

Aug 22, 2017, 12:15 PM

I wish I could give you more than one TU. Things could go differently in a game than in practice in rare instances but when everyone who has actually seen the practices all say the same thing then you'd best go with that for game day. Even the defenders say he is the toughest QB to defend out of the group. I'll go with what all of the above say over some keyboard coach.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ed Zachary! None of the T-Net coaches who are disappointed

Aug 22, 2017, 2:51 PM [ in reply to People that have ACTUALLY seen practice say KB2 ]

that Bryant has been named the starter have seen a single practice this fall, and nary a summer workout; therefore their opinions are next to meaningless; relative to the opinions of our coaches who have seen not only KB but his competition on a daily basis, their opinions are totally meaningless. I would agree, that based on what little we saw of KB over the last two years, it's understandable to question his ability to make all of the throws. If it made any sense to go off of that, however, there would be no need for KB or any of the QBs to participate in fall practice. But, that makes absolutely no sense at all. Players often improve over the off-season, sometimes dramatically. Coaches have stated that KB has come a long way and is much improved, but that's not good enough for the know-nothings; their mind is already made up.

Cooper and Johnson will play, and one of them may wind up supplanting KB, but for anyone who has not seen a practice or a workout to pretend to know how good any of our QBs currently are relative to each other is comical.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: People that have ACTUALLY seen practice say KB2

Aug 23, 2017, 1:47 AM [ in reply to People that have ACTUALLY seen practice say KB2 ]

Totally agree, Dabo said something along the lines of "If Kelly can do just 75% of what he has done on the practice fields then he's gonna be our guy." I mean, he didn't have to say that, so you know the coaches are feeling really good about him.

If we start 3-0 behind Bryant

I think his leash gets considerably longer. I also believe this team with Bryant is an 8-11 win team. Sky is the limit.

Re: If we start 3-0 behind Bryant

Aug 22, 2017, 12:05 PM

If KB loses 3 games, he won't be behind center to lose the 4th, not with 2 high profile QB standing behind him. He will have to be able to score points in every game, or he won't last. Our coaches want to win even more than we do bc, winning represents the job they have done as coaches!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You seem quite concerned about this topic...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: You seem quite concerned about this topic...

Aug 22, 2017, 12:05 PM

Yes I'm very concerned about this topic. Based on what we have seen. Now if he goes out and lights it up against auburn then I won't be concerned.

Aug 22, 2017, 12:17 PM

Tell us please what you have witnessed in fall camp this year.

Aug 22, 2017, 3:01 PM [ in reply to Re: You seem quite concerned about this topic... ]

13-18 75yds 1 td 1 int. What have you seen???

Aug 22, 2017, 3:24 PM [ in reply to Re: You seem quite concerned about this topic... ]

What have you seen?

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Aug 22, 2017, 1:46 PM [ in reply to You seem quite concerned about this topic... ]

Man this Jessy girl is one pathetic loser.

What if Cooper and johnson do not spark

Aug 22, 2017, 11:56 AM

What next in your crystallball?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

You know what i think?

Aug 22, 2017, 12:00 PM

I think a couple of your periods need to be commas.

if healthy i do

Aug 22, 2017, 12:16 PM

he gives the best chance to win. But if things aren't clicking I don't think it will take Dabo too long to pull the trigger on someone that stretch the field

My concern with him is mostly if he

Aug 22, 2017, 12:45 PM

gets injured. He has already had an injury that held him back, and that's when he wasn't playing a lot. We'll find out how durable he is - an unknown right now.

Re: Kelly Bryant

Aug 22, 2017, 3:20 PM

Okay I'll jump in the fire and get a bunch of TD's. I will stand behind and root for whoever is out there leading our offense but since you are asking who I think will end up being the starter come season end, I say HJ or ZC. Yes I know what the coaches and people who have been at practice have said but its hard for me to believe KB passing accuracy has improved to the point where he can sit back on 3rd and 10 and sling a pass to HR for the first down on a critical dive. That's where I personally believe the HJ or ZK will pass KB by seasons end. Now with that being said, I could be wrong. I've been wrong before many times. I was wrong about Wayne Gallman. I remember back in 2014 thinking this guy should be moved to LB. So yeah KB might blow my mind this season. I really hope he does. This is just my gut prediction. Okay fame away.

Aug 22, 2017, 3:30 PM

13 for 18 is a 72% completion percentage. When have you seen him throw the ball a few times and just completely whiff and miss receivers (other than when he has a broken finger in the sprIng game)???

Where does everyone get that he has zero arm talent??? You claim that nobody has seen him pass well, but when have we really seen him pass at all? If you have ever played football before, you would understand that coaches don't let you come in and sling it all over the field when you are up by 35 points.

The kid threw for a TON of yards in high school. Yes, I know this ain't high school; but hitting a receiver in stride is not something you magically learn in college.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2017, 3:49 PM

And here we go. Well I'm basing my assessment on the fact 90% of the plays he ran in actual games were design QB run plays. Those 17 passes you are speaking of are mostly easy screen passes he hit. He was never asked to make those 30 yard completions. Here's a fact for you. KB couldn't beat out NS last season. Wonder why that was? Listen I'm not saying the dude isn't going to light it up this season and pass for 3000 yards. He might. The guy asked what my our prediction was and I gave it. It's like if you aren't a coach keep your mouth shut around here. I'm a huge fan and I like making my own gut predictions and seeing how they pan out. Sometimes I'm right and sometimes I'm wrong. Hell just for fun I've got each game with score predicted on a piece of paper in my desk. Then I'll look at it at seasons end to see how I did. You want to jump on me for predicting a loss this season. Yeah you probably would. Anyways GO TIGERS!

Aug 22, 2017, 3:55 PM

"It's like if you aren't a coach keep your mouth shut around here."

Its almost like some of us are sick and tired of so called Clemson fans going out of their way to belittle the abilities of our starting QB.

Aug 22, 2017, 5:54 PM

So because we have 4 QB's competing for playing time and I make a fan prediction for the fun of the game I am belittling KB? I even say I may very well be wrong and "hope that I am" yet I am belittling KB. Some of you amaze me around here. I guess we as fans can not live in the hypothetical and we can't say what if. We are suppose to sit back and only cheer. Don't talk football, just cheer and smile.

Aug 22, 2017, 7:05 PM

So you still haven't acknowledged the fact that the reason he ran designed run plays is because Dabo doesn't run the score up on people and running plays keep the clock ticking..... He's only played when we were up by a ton.

Did you read my post before you got offended?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2017, 7:24 PM

So why did NS play ahead of him? And yeah NS did throw and run the same offense when he was in. I'm not saying Bryant didn't get drastically better over the off season. A lot of times players turn it on when they know it's their time. Either way all we have is a small sample size and no ones prediction is worth a ball of poo at this point. I saw the post and made my prediction based on the question that was asked. Why do you think he will start all twelve games? Let me guess. Because the coaches named him the starter for K state? I seem to remember someone else was named the starter before the season back in 2014. That same year Dabo also said that both QB's will play. We know the rest of the story. He has said the same thing this year. All three QB's will get a chance to prove it on the field this season. My prediction in HJ or ZC will get more comfortable running the offense and take over. I may be wrong and thats okay. Neither of us has true inside info into what goes on in practice. So your prediction is just as good as mine.

Aug 22, 2017, 7:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Kelly Bryant ]

May I also add that if I'm wrong I will gladly eat crow. You are welcome to bring this back up later in the season and say I told you so. I'll be smiling too because that means he is killing it and we are winning a lot of games.

Aug 22, 2017, 3:24 PM

When I need someone behind me 100% please remind me not to contact you.

Aug 22, 2017, 3:30 PM

KB IS QB1. Any position on the team is subject to being replaced if they don't produce. Fuller could go from 1-3 if others outperform him. Should Big Dex slack off, Jabril or Huggins could become #1. It's a call, and I trust our coaches in this one. I said a few weeks ago, I hope and pray KB has become the passer and decision maker we need, because with his running ability, he would be a MONSTER to defend. Anyone remember the TCU QB, Boykin? His first year playing he looked rough. I watched him playing for Seattle the other night, and can say, if R. Wison goes down, they will be fine. He might be the best QB2 I have seen this far. For that matter, some may remember when Tajh came in as a backup. To be kind he looked uncomfortable. That is the nice way to say it. He turned put he was ok. Point is, coaches have spent a ton of time coaching KB up with 1st team. He is the man.

Good to be reminded of what a slow start Tajh had...***

Aug 22, 2017, 9:01 PM

Aug 22, 2017, 4:17 PM

I watched his senior highlight video today. He's got a really good arm and he's not just looking to run like a lot of people make him out. He keeps his eyes downfield and he threw several good balls on the run. 3rd play of this video he looks like he's going to take off and then hits a receiver in perfect stride for a TD....I think he's gonna surprise some people this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxFskzYZGZA

That is some convincing film even though it is his H.S.

Aug 22, 2017, 9:05 PM

years. He really threw the ball well, long, medium and short passes. He must have gotten his confidence back.

Aug 22, 2017, 11:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Kelly Bryant ]

Im just proud of you for not posting a gif that defends a chicken player while at the same time insulting a Clemosn player.

Aug 22, 2017, 7:24 PM

I do

Aug 22, 2017, 7:35 PM

Last year we often set up the run with the pass. I will guess this year it will be reversed. I will also guess some teams will stack the box and force KB to beat them passing. The Auburn game will be interesting.

I trust the decision of Dabo naming him #1

Aug 22, 2017, 7:40 PM

Followed by cooper. He won a national championship and is a three time acc championship winner. Not to mention a national coach of the year award. I would say that's enough of faith in his decision making.

Message was edited by: Tigerrag89®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2017, 7:43 PM

With QB's at this level and talent, 90% of the game is between the ears. Pre and Post snap reads, route trees, knowledge of the playbook, etc. Additionally, it takes trust from the team mates and chemistry with the receivers. When DW4 and NS were here, Kelly didn't have to bear the responsibility of running the offense...they were a "crutch" in a sense and may have limited his urgency to compete for the #1 job. He was not gonna beat Deshaun out, ever...and he knew that.

That being said, another year brings on more maturity, he knows the offense, and has in his mind taken responsibility for the offense. The pressure behind him from ZC and HJ elevates his urgency to be the man. He is insanely talented, just look at his film. He is able to pass effectively, from a physical perspective. And of course, his legs will terrorize opposing defenses if they decide not to contain him. i believe that our opponents will try to outnumber our hats in the box for fear of the running game...we will be much better there this year. That will open up opportunities for KB to pass effectively downfield. The proverbial light has come on for him. He will be everything we want and he will win games.

The competition at QB will remain open all year, despite what the coaches tell us. If one of the others are ready and supplant KB, then so be it. But make no mistake, KB will be solid and for that, all Tigers around the world will rejoice!

Go TIGERS!!

~this~ headline: "Tigers around the world will rejoice"***

Aug 22, 2017, 9:08 PM

Aug 22, 2017, 11:20 PM

I'm not ready to say that KB is as elusive as Michael Vick was in college, but when he runs he is dadgum hard to catch IMO. I'm still sticking with him being more of a threat like Darren McFadden was when he was in the Wildcat as the QB. I know - he is NOT that powerful as a runner, but the dual threat makes him dangerous IMO, just like Run DMC.

KB under more pressure than any QB in Clemson history

Aug 23, 2017, 1:10 AM

The rest of the starters will need to step up big time to give this team a chance to be in the same category as 2016 team. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic