Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deshaun didn't get much help from WRs last night
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,371

Deshaun didn't get much help from WRs last night

Aug 20, 2017, 4:00 PM

Probably because they were second string and rookies, but they dropped alot of passes right in their hands. Also I don't think the WRs understand the emphasis of getting position. I saw lots of throws Mike Williams usually grabbed because he blocked out the DB and got in front to high point the ball. Last night the WRs a few times failed to get that position on the deep balls. Also one play I saw the wr out there not even blocking when DW went to run. Watson pointed to him to lead but he didn't. That's a good example of Texans not being use to a running qb. I think they will go to film and see that as well. After it's all said I see Watson being the guy there by the end of the year

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed.

Aug 20, 2017, 4:17 PM

Deshaun did have a few throws overthrown but it was maybe 1 or 2. It says a lot about how great Watson is though, to still March down the field as a rookie QB with the 2nd string and 3rd string guys. I do see him and D'Onta Foreman being a great duo in the future for the Texans.

Give the Texans another decent WR or two and Deshaun will make that team great. He's already showing strides to be the next elite QB in the pros.

Mark it down, he will be remembered as one of the greatest the game has ever seen with the Mannings, Rodgers, Favres, and Bradys.

ALL HAIL DW4!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Deshaun didn't get much help from WRs last night

Aug 20, 2017, 4:28 PM

Game w panthers was that way too

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2017, 11:17 PM

Sure was! I saw him out there telling the WRs and running backs where to run the routs correctly. That is just timing with receivers. I would love to see DW open the game on the first drive just to see how he responds. That would be me as the coach. If it doesn't go as planned bring that Savage back in. See what I did there hahaha

Aug 21, 2017, 12:18 AM

DW4 still has a way to go, but has loads of potential. He can move the chains, and is exciting to watch. He will be fine, but he needs to work on those passes that look like a 3rd rounder would throw. Maybe just timing - dunno. Glad he's getting some PT though.

Aug 21, 2017, 7:10 PM

Deshaun could throw better passes too. Several were behind receivers, or not even in the play.

He completed 3 of ten, I saw 4 drops- tiger receivers much

Aug 21, 2017, 9:52 PM

better. He ought to have a chance with Nuk and Strong out there.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,371
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic