Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
From Auburn 247
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

From Auburn 247

Aug 19, 2017, 9:34 PM

Auburn will beat Clemson

I’m asked nearly every day on social media why I believe Auburn will beat Clemson. The answer is simple: both defenses will be comparable, but Auburn’s offense will have the better quarterback, running back and receivers at that point in the season (Week 2), which gives the edge to Auburn.

But make no mistake: going on the road to play in Death Valley will not be easy. Still, on paper, I like Auburn’s chances of going into Clemson and pulling off the upset with Jarrett Stidham and Kamryn Pettway leading the charge.

Auburn will jump into the top 5 and will be a national title contender by the middle of September. You can’t ask for anything better than that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: From Auburn 247

Aug 19, 2017, 9:36 PM

Click bait.

Aug 19, 2017, 9:44 PM

I honestly believe Clemson will beat Auburn handily in this one. Our coaches have so much time to prepare, Clemson always rises up in big games, and come on.. It's a night game in DV. This game just doesn't concern me as much as some others on the schedule.

Our boys know the media is saying there will be a drop off in the post-DW4-era for us, and I know this team is dying to make a statement that the Tigers aren't going anywhere. Cant make too big of a statement against Kent St, so unfortunately for Auburn they will just be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I know Auburn has some talent but.. Clemson rolls Auburn in this one. Just what I feel in my gut, for what that's worth

Aug 19, 2017, 11:39 PM

I think we win but it won't be easy. Our D is better but their O will be better. I think it will be really close.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2017, 11:50 PM

Sure, definitely could be. I'll take a close win, it's still a win! Auburn is a good team. My gut is just telling me we will be ready for this one.. Win by multiple scores. Can't explain it, just a feeling I've had for a while.

Aug 20, 2017, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Re: From Auburn 247 ]

Nobody knows today if our defense will be better or if their offense will be better. You have no factual information to make those statements. All you are doing is basing it off who has gained and lost but other than that you have no tangible info that should lead you to proclaiming anything about either team. Thats the beauty of college football that the teams change every year and guys that didn't have a name before comes into the limelight. Not trying to pick on you but I just have a problem with these predictions that this is going to be this way and that is going to be that way and all we are doing is basing something on last year and what teams lost and gained. Truth be told until we are in live action with bullets flying nobody really knows what they have and I am talking about coaches much less people sitting behind a keyboard.

Aug 20, 2017, 9:28 AM

You do realize I didn't write the OP, correct?

Aug 20, 2017, 6:10 PM [ in reply to Re: From Auburn 247 ]

I can promise that AU writer one thing; AU's WRs will not be better than Clemson's at any point in the season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2017, 9:38 PM

Oh just another OSU type of beat down. 2 players are not going beat my TIGERs!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL at better WRs... He has a point

Aug 19, 2017, 9:40 PM

On QB and RB but then he conveniently fails to mention our DL.

If we can control the LOS, we will win the game.

Re: LOL at better WRs... He has a point

Aug 19, 2017, 9:48 PM

He doesn't have any valid points .
Our defense is far superior to the Auburn defense .
QB is an unknown for them as well as it is for us . Stidham has never been a starter at the D1 level minus an injury game , and so it's a toss up there because Clemson has recruited the position very well indeed .
RB Pettway has some experience but Feaster and our backups are an unknown . Talented recruits the lot of them .
I stick to my guns . They will struggle to score on this D , and there will be a nice surprise on offense come week two for Clemson.
31-13 Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I think Etienne comes in and breaks one for TD.***

Aug 19, 2017, 10:02 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think Etienne comes in and breaks one for TD.***

Aug 19, 2017, 10:35 PM

Can't wait to see Travis play, been reading about him all weekend.

As others have mentioned that statement says nothing about them having to face the #1 D-Line in the country. Stidham has never seen a defense like this, nor played at a place like this. I'll take the real Tigers for a win at home. With better WR's as well..

^^^ thats downright good stuff right there..***

Aug 19, 2017, 10:42 PM [ in reply to I think Etienne comes in and breaks one for TD.*** ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^^ thats downright good stuff right there..***

Aug 19, 2017, 11:03 PM

In agreement with the above posters, thats all, but noted.

Re: LOL at better WRs... He has a point

Aug 19, 2017, 9:50 PM [ in reply to LOL at better WRs... He has a point ]

Stidham is not proven. He proved he could throw 100 passes in 10 games for Baylor, for 1200 yards against defenses that were just bad. The only team with a heart beat, he lost to Oklahoma 44-34, the same Oklahoma team that Clemson beat 37-17. Not sold on Auburn.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Big 12 doesnt play defense. Agree with you.***

Aug 19, 2017, 10:02 PM

Defenses comparable?

Aug 19, 2017, 9:43 PM

afaik, we didn't lose out two biggest stars on the DL. They did, yet they're going to replace them immediately? Even Dex needed a few games to become dominant

Clemson

Those two won't be better than FSU's two last year

Aug 19, 2017, 9:45 PM

and our D will be better.

Aug 20, 2017, 12:14 AM

Bring it on brother......Go Tigers and I am talking about my CLEMSON Tigers!!!!

Fake News...***

Aug 20, 2017, 12:14 AM

Aug 20, 2017, 11:48 AM

When our D comes after Stidham, he will think #### has opened up and is calling his name. He has never witnessed a D like the one he will face in Death Valley.

Also, I cannot imagine the AU D to be as good without Montravius Adams and Carl Lawson bringing pressure. You don't just replace those guys and be instantly successful. And the AU DC hasn't been they but a couple of seasons, so he is still rebuilding that D after Muschamp screwed it up.

CLEMSON wins this one. Sorry about that Auburn, but maybe you guys can beat Alabama now that CLEMSON has shown how it's done. LOL

Aug 20, 2017, 12:02 PM

My reply;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m6Sw26gUQo

Aug 20, 2017, 1:59 PM

Our D's are not equal. Their WR's are not better. That's wishful thinking on his part. We are equal or better at nearly every position on D and we have the better coordinator.

He's right that Stidham and Johnson are better QB and RB combo than we have, at least as far as we know going into the season. Their O-line also projects to be very good, the best we'll face all season.

The key matchup is our DL against their OL. These are two top 3 in the country units facing off. If the turnover ratio is +\-1, then whoever wins the CU DL vs AU OL wins the game.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic