Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
From someone who never played a snap of competitive football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,481

From someone who never played a snap of competitive football

Aug 19, 2017, 8:01 PM

Or coached at any level I will give you my worthless opinion of what I saw at the scrimmage today.

First. The Tigers are not hurting at running back. All the backs today looked like starters to me! The new kid from Louisiana will become a fan favorite. It might be hard to give him a redshirt.

I thought that the defensive backs played pretty well even though a number of passes were completed. They did tackle very well. Good depth too.

It's very difficult to rate a quarterback when you are playing 'touch' football. All the guys looked good to me. Bryant has improved in his passing game and made several throws late in the practice that were very good. With that said, H. Johnson impressed me the most. He really 'has it'. Everyone sitting around me agreed that he was the best on the field today as far as skills go. I really believe he will start as the season goes on.

Nothing new to add to the defense front guys. They are as advertised.

In a word, the punting is pathetic. A big part of the game because it affects field position and the Tigers are worse than bad. I don't understand that. Perhaps you can explain it to me.

I didn't see the next J Leggett on the field today. Let's hope he is there!

Lots of penaltys today also. Hopefully that can be corrected before Auburn comes to town.

Anyone else see the scrimmage differently?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Astute report Forest but...

Aug 19, 2017, 8:18 PM

guess it's over for us if kicking team is crappy..

so i'm cancelling my Natty trip to ATL!

Thx for heads uP.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Astute report Forest but...

Aug 19, 2017, 8:24 PM

Punting. Not complete kicking game. Coach Elliott addressed the meeting today and he was asked about the poor punting performance and he admitted that it needed work. Out of all the punts that I saw today, only one was a good kick.

Perhaps the Tigers will be so good offensively that we want need to punt very much! I could accept that couldn't you?

Keep your Atlanta tickets. The game with Washington will be a great one!!!

Well our punting was terrible last year too so it can't get much worse

Aug 19, 2017, 8:39 PM

Right??

Re: Well our punting was terrible last year too so it can't get much worse

Aug 19, 2017, 8:43 PM

No pooch kicks today. We resorted to that last year. Personally, I thought that the punting that I saw today was not even good high school punting. No height and short distances. Not good.

Re: Astute report Forest but...

Aug 19, 2017, 11:29 PM [ in reply to Astute report Forest but... ]

Poor kicking is no joke. It lost us the 15 natty.

Re: From someone who never played a snap of competitive football

Aug 19, 2017, 8:28 PM

Thanks for the perspective. Fingers crossed HJ is the next big thing.

Aug 19, 2017, 8:33 PM

Thanks for the helpful info.

you might also find this intetesting

Aug 19, 2017, 8:41 PM

I learned today that more than 50 players on the team had a 3.0 or better last semester. That's about half the team.
Pretty amazing when you consider that the Tigers do things 'differently' that some others in the ACC.

Also have 2000 new IPTAY members this year. Tops in the nation for booster club growth. Be a part of it if you aren't already.

Aug 19, 2017, 8:45 PM

I thought the QBs played well but HJ was fairly consistently playing against the 3rd team D (of course with the 3rd/2nd team O); would like to have seen what he could do with the ones.

Tee Higgins looked like the next Mike Williams. I'm excited to see him grow.

We look good at RB.

Disappointed in all the penalties. They have to do better or it will make thing very tough on themselves.

RRM was wearing white - the color the defense was wearing. He played some snaps on offense but I found it interesting they had him in white.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,481
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic