Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Zion Williamson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Zion Williamson

Aug 18, 2017, 11:41 AM

Dabo is personally recruiting him as well. #ClemsonFamily

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Zion Williamson

Aug 18, 2017, 11:45 AM

We have a chance then haha. Brad is about to see how big time recruiting is done

Zion - Wow, I hope this is true, could be a game-changer***

Aug 18, 2017, 12:29 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he doesn't play like Jordan from Day 1 most of our "fans"

Aug 18, 2017, 2:15 PM

will turn on him...I've seen it happen

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go back to your shack...way out in the woods somewhere.***

Aug 18, 2017, 8:13 PM

I'm right***

Aug 18, 2017, 8:40 PM

Brad could kick your ###

Aug 20, 2017, 8:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Zion Williamson ]

Just sayin

That surprises me since CBB was reluctant to help Dabo

Aug 18, 2017, 12:37 PM

recruit Tee Higgins.

Glad Dabo doesn't hold a grudge.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Maybe CBB can learn from this and apply it to...

Aug 18, 2017, 12:38 PM

his last season at Clemson?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Maybe CBB can learn from this and apply it to...

Aug 18, 2017, 8:22 PM

Thats funny. Kind of beating a dead horse... but still funny.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

seriously dude-- first off, i imagine dabo would only

Aug 18, 2017, 12:49 PM [ in reply to That surprises me since CBB was reluctant to help Dabo ]

be allowed to do that if zion is on campus; secondly, CBB and DBS work together all the time as bball recruits go to fb games and fb recruits to BB games

neither coach would offer a kid the opportunity to be on their team unless they felt it could help their particular team; i.e. - Brad isn't going to offer a kid a basketball spot(scholarship or not) if it is a football first guy and he doesn't think it's beneficial to the bball team nor should he

I'm sure after TH gets the football thing down and if he expresses a desire to play both then BB would see if he thought that would be a help to his team-- only he can answer that. If he thought he could then he would talk to Dabo to see what would be allowed and if given those parameters determine if it would still be a positive or a negative.

Dabo couldn't have been happy about this...

Aug 18, 2017, 12:59 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=21284592

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: seriously dude-- first off, i imagine dabo would only

Aug 18, 2017, 4:19 PM [ in reply to seriously dude-- first off, i imagine dabo would only ]

Any scholarship athlete that plays football automatically counts as a football scholarship. Why exactly wouldn't Brownell or any other coach accept a scholarship calibre athlete to essentially fill a walk-on role while leaving his 13 scholarships unaffected.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

the BB program should always be subservient to the ...

Aug 20, 2017, 8:26 AM [ in reply to seriously dude-- first off, i imagine dabo would only ]

Football program at Clemson, all other sports as well. Counter productive for them to behave otherwise, counter productive that some exist and leech off the FB program.

Dabo hasn't wanted any of his players to play basketball

Aug 18, 2017, 12:55 PM [ in reply to That surprises me since CBB was reluctant to help Dabo ]

since the Hopkins experiment. It puts them behind in their development as a receiver, and Brownell didn't play him but in trash time. Mike Williams wanted to play basketball, and Dabo said no. Why waste the time when you're going to be a top flight receiver and the basketball coach only values you enough to take the last shot in a blowout?

Nuk was in over his head on the court, I saw him play, he

Aug 18, 2017, 1:21 PM

wouldn't have helped us...6-2 SF?

Right, his future was as a football player. Brownell

Aug 18, 2017, 1:39 PM

Should have said "he can be on the team, but he won't get any playing time" and put an end to it. Dabo said he could play if his playing helped the team, and it didn't. That put an end to football players playing basketball.

Stan Rome was always terrible until about January

Aug 18, 2017, 6:44 PM [ in reply to Nuk was in over his head on the court, I saw him play, he ]

Yes, I'm that old.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stan Rome was always terrible until about January

Aug 18, 2017, 8:29 PM

believe rome only played one year of football. according to the media guide, he only lettered once.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, and he should have played more football and less

Aug 18, 2017, 11:05 PM

basketball.

Nuk joined a team that had only 9 scholarship players

Aug 19, 2017, 11:20 AM [ in reply to Dabo hasn't wanted any of his players to play basketball ]

that year. His presence at least helped them run 5 on 5 practices. Considering it was the only team to win an NCAA tournament game in the last 20 years, I'd say his mere presence and competitiveness helped.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That surprises me since CBB was reluctant to help Dabo

Aug 18, 2017, 6:02 PM [ in reply to That surprises me since CBB was reluctant to help Dabo ]

very, very difficult for a kid to play football and hoops. let's say tee wanted to try. he finishes football in early Jan. now granted maybe he can work in some hoops practice here and there.. but basically he would need to learn the system and get in basketball shape. then, in early -mid march, spring football practice starts. are some football players good enough to do it? yes, in rare cases. but generally, the guys that do it are mostly practice bodies, spot players at best. eppley did it well for us.. but we were thru with football in nov then.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2017, 1:12 PM

Dabo was at a basketball game talking to him before tip off. I thought it was a football
recruit but my 11 year old told me that was Zion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rumor from the AAU circuit

Aug 18, 2017, 1:52 PM

Clemson leads for Zion.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

That my friend is awesome!******

Aug 18, 2017, 2:51 PM

Would be a program changer***

Aug 18, 2017, 4:54 PM

Is there a timeline Zion...

Aug 18, 2017, 5:35 PM

Is working from for a decision?

His decision could have impact on other recruits, as we have seen with football.

He's only going to be here for a year and shy of winning a

Aug 18, 2017, 6:06 PM [ in reply to Would be a program changer*** ]

title, he's not changing much

Disagree

Aug 18, 2017, 6:35 PM

Your attitude sucks

Care to elaborate? Not about my attitude, I don't care what

Aug 18, 2017, 7:52 PM

you think about that, but I would love to hear how a one and doner is going to change anything, shy of winning a title.

LSU still uses Shaq***

Aug 18, 2017, 8:28 PM

Use him for what? How did he change their program? Did his

Aug 18, 2017, 8:38 PM

son sign there? Was Shaq even a one and doner? In what way did Ben Simmons change their program?

Re: Use him for what? How did he change their program? Did his

Aug 20, 2017, 9:14 AM

Wow you are one sad individual

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

he's one and done.***

Aug 18, 2017, 6:38 PM [ in reply to Would be a program changer*** ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This situation is different than for a football recruit...

Aug 18, 2017, 2:05 PM

A star football recruit going to a non-traditional power program will have to worry about other talent around them to showcase their own potential for the pros. A WR needs a good QB to get them the ball, a QB/RB needs a really good OL to block for them, a DL/LB needs other good players to avoid double-team, etc.

As a BB player, Zion can come to Clemson, play Duke, Louisville, UNCheat, Syracuse, UVA, and Pitt and handle the ball PLENTY to showcase his talents. Regardless of whether we win the game, the kid's special talent will NOT remain hidden and he will be drafted high regardless of the team he played on. I am sure Dabo is trying to get him to understand that like Spiller, he can come to Clemson to start something special. And, I do think we are one Zion Williamson away from making a good run into the tournament.

Aug 18, 2017, 2:09 PM

So if we land Williamson does that make us all Zionists ?

Asking for the odd friend .

DB23

Why a TD? haha if we want to land this kid, we need all the

Aug 18, 2017, 2:16 PM

help we can get haha. I'm glad Dabo is recruiting this kid.

Hope Dabo can find him some coke bottles.***

Aug 18, 2017, 4:23 PM

Aug 18, 2017, 7:34 PM

I had no idea he played football too.

Zion Williamson, yea, he is a cornerback...lol***

Aug 18, 2017, 8:18 PM

Aug 19, 2017, 10:29 AM

Can he play offensive line?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2017, 11:01 AM

He may not be able to play on the offensive side or the defensive side in football but, for most schools, he can play hard to get.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic