»
Topic: Official Auburn Thread ... Auburn Info??? Ask away
Replies: 187   Last Post: Aug 18, 2017 6:05 PM by: auburnfan
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 187   Pages: 9  
[ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]

Official Auburn Thread ... Auburn Info??? Ask away

[8]
Posted: Aug 17, 2017 1:16 PM

Hey guys! I've posted in several threads already. I'll be checking back to this thread throughout the day (or longer if questions keep rolling in). I'll be making my second trip to Clemson in a few weeks (2011 was my first)!

I've felt some of the threads were lacking knowledge posted about Auburn or players for Auburn.
So, I thought I'd start this thread where you can ask me questions and I can ask you guys some things as well.

I think this is going to be a great game! I've been watching the line It's moved from Clemson -7 to -5 to 3.5 in some places.

I think it'll be a great game and a great atmosphere. I wasn't overly confident in 2011 with a 3 Star QB and one year of losing Cam, Fairley and 26 seniors. My confidence level is higher this year ... but I'm not about to bet any money on it.

Ask away if you have any questions!
I'm not looking for trash talking just Q&As from both sides.

My first question ... I know how awesome y'all DL is .... I'm excited to watch this match up because I think we have a top 3 SEC OL .... What about ya'll s LBs and DBs ... as far as experience ....
How many returning starters on O and D .... I'm talking about true starters.

I know both Clemson and Auburn have talent ..... Rivals.com had a 5 year recruiting avg recently and Auburn was #7 and Clemson was #11 .... SO I know we'll both have playmakers step up and make a name for themselves. Just wondering about returning starter from last year. We have 9 on D and 8 or 9 on offense .... our big additions are 5*QB Stidham and 5* OT from Texas ... which would both be upgrades from last year.

Tell me about y'alls and ask away!

How is your o-line?***

Posted: Aug 17, 2017 1:35 PM

2018 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

This TiGER was in your lovely Village last week for 1st time..

[1]
Posted: Aug 17, 2017 1:52 PM

and walked around its most beautiful campus (Samford Hall), walking uptown & seeing Toomer's Corner with huge brick inlay paw, Toomer's Drugs, new & smaller paper-rolling trees brought in from SC, Auburn Arts Store for a souvenir.. and course casing out Stadium and it's large bronze statues outside of Bo, Cam & Pat Sullivan.. and seeing plaque stating 2 Natties (1957 & 2011) and 12 Undefeated Seasons.

Have been wanting to visit Auburn for 50+ years and it took a trip to Memphis from HIlton Head Island to purchase ny 1st truck and circling back to see Elvis's birth-home place in Tupelo Missy during the 40th Anniv of his passing & then to the loveliest school on the Alabama Plains.

Yep..life is good, even at 76! LoL

2018 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

To All CLEMSON TiGERS..Sending you Bright Light from the Carolina Coast and hoping you get to witness a huge Orange sunset tonight. Go Tigers!

Re: This TiGER was in your lovely Village last week for 1st time..

[1]
Posted: Aug 17, 2017 2:36 PM

I'm glad you made it! I was equally as excited to visit Clemson in 2011!

Re: How is your o-line?***

Posted: Aug 17, 2017 2:35 PM

O Line is one of the strengths of this team. Return 3 of 5 OLs but really 4.
With the emergence of Prince Tega Wanogho (wait to you see this guy) at LT, we're able to move
our RT from last year back to G in All American Braden Smith. One of the jewels of our class was
5*OT Calvin Ashley. He was recruited to come in and start but Tega is a freak. He's from Africa and only played two years of HS. Coach Hand has done a remarkable job with him and he's just so big and so quick. IF I had to rank our units as biggest strengths .... OL would be 2nd behind the DL.

Is he good enough to handle Dexter or Christian?***

Posted: Aug 17, 2017 3:11 PM

2018 white level member

Re: Is he good enough to handle Dexter or Christian?***

Posted: Aug 17, 2017 4:01 PM

Yes. I know your DL will be the best we face all year (including bama)
But I promise, this will be the best OL you face all year (including FSU)

Posted: Aug 17, 2017 6:51 PM

FSU's OL is crap, so I can easily believe that.

Posted: Aug 17, 2017 10:09 PM

wasn't sure .... just know that's be the toughness game after ours .... they avg a top 5 class .... I'm sure they're decent.

Posted: Aug 17, 2017 10:36 PM

You should watch us vs them last year. It was criminal how bad our DL beat up their QB. Kid stood threw it all somehow. We beat him senseless.

Posted: Aug 17, 2017 10:58 PM

IS Francois that good???

I remember watching FSU a few times and I wasn't impressed. I see where he's on these Heisman lists.

Posted: Aug 18, 2017 5:08 AM

He's pretty good, and tough as nails.

Posted: Aug 17, 2017 6:09 PM

That's a heck of a name. He must be a player.

2018 student level member

Posted: Aug 17, 2017 10:12 PM

Yeah ... he needs to be good to pull it off. LOL
Guy still has a thick accent. Redshirted his first year as a DT,
moved to OT last year. LT is a very important position, we knew he
had lots of natural ability .... We weren't sure if he'd hold off our True Freshman 5*OT, but he has.

Re: Official Auburn Thread ... Auburn Info??? Ask away

[2]
Posted: Aug 17, 2017 1:41 PM

Do y'all have ACC speed?
You better have it

Posted: Aug 17, 2017 2:37 PM

That's funny! Is that a spin off of SEC Speed? ;)
Yes, we have a very fast team with the skill positions. I would only say that Kam Pettway is more of a bruiser than a speedster.

[1]
Posted: Aug 17, 2017 1:45 PM

Clemson D lost 5 starters:
2 on D-line (DT Carlos Watkins and DT Scott Pagano), but those get replaced by 5 star Christian Wilkins and 5 star Dexter Lawrence, so overall a wash if not Clemson being in a better position this year. Both multiple Award nominees for 2017.

1 Will LB (Ben Boulware). get's replaced by Clemson 2016 second leading tackler Kendall Joseph who played middle LB last year. Joseph gets replaced by 5 star Tre Lamar, and possibly some by 5 star Shaq (Rahshaun) Smith. Lamar has some experience, but not a ton....Smith redshirted last year, but he's BIG now from the weights training he's received...just don't know what we have with him yet.
https://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Tre-Lamar-assuming-the-role-of-man-in-the-middle-16085
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2016/tre-lamar-191
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2016/rahshaun-smith-205

2 in the backfield: Safety Jadar Johnson and DB Cordrea Tankersley. Tankersley is the bigger hit of the two....but there are plenty of experienced guys in those spots (Marcus Edmond, Ryan Carter, 4 star Trayvon Mullen, & 4 star Mark Fields), and an upcoming freshman 5 star AJ Terrell...so talent is there, experience is there somewhat, but only Carter and Edmond if I am correct started some games 1st string. Safety, it appears the names in most discussions are experienced veteran Van Smith & Tanner Muse (has some experience, hits hard and runs very well), and Issah Simmons has been mentioned some, but he redshirted last year, so again an unknown.
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2017/aj-terrell-10706

Other than that, the rest of the defense remains...and several of those remaining and those 2 linemen changing are already listed on the SI Pre-Season All American team:
http://www.tigernet.com/update/Four-Clemson-players-named-to-SIs-Preseason-All-America-team-27429?ref=front

Posted: Aug 17, 2017 2:38 PM

That's what I was looking for! Very Informative.

[5]
Posted: Aug 17, 2017 1:46 PM

You will likely receive this as "smack", but it is not.

Auburn is 23-16 the past three years, and Clemson is 37-3 in its last 40 games. No an opinion--that is just reality.

Furthermore, Clemson posted that record against better competition. The ACC has been better than the SEC the past three years, and Clemson has played far superior post-season competition. This Clemson program wins big games; this Auburn program does not.

Auburn is not at Clemson's level right now. Recruiting "stars" are on par, but Clemson recruits the whole person, and Auburn does not even know what that means. In terms of head coaching, coordinator coaching, player development, player discipline and focus, and overall culture, Clemson is operating at a different level than Auburn.

Clemson will win this game and move on with its season.

That was all factually based

Posted: Aug 17, 2017 2:01 PM

at the start and finished with a healthy portion of SMACK.

Too funny.

"Clemson recruits the whole person, and Auburn does not even know what that means"

LOL

2018 white level member

Sucking Favage

Posted: Aug 17, 2017 2:06 PM

2018 orange level member

Replies: 187   Pages: 9  
[ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Clemson Gear
Clemson Gear

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: Selling four 2018 football season tickets in section UG, lower level, south stands. Asking $1,750 EA...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
9429 people have read this post