Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Official Auburn Thread ... Auburn Info??? Ask away
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 187
| visibility 1

Official Auburn Thread ... Auburn Info??? Ask away

Aug 17, 2017, 1:16 PM

Hey guys! I've posted in several threads already. I'll be checking back to this thread throughout the day (or longer if questions keep rolling in). I'll be making my second trip to Clemson in a few weeks (2011 was my first)!

I've felt some of the threads were lacking knowledge posted about Auburn or players for Auburn.
So, I thought I'd start this thread where you can ask me questions and I can ask you guys some things as well.

I think this is going to be a great game! I've been watching the line It's moved from Clemson -7 to -5 to 3.5 in some places.

I think it'll be a great game and a great atmosphere. I wasn't overly confident in 2011 with a 3 Star QB and one year of losing Cam, Fairley and 26 seniors. My confidence level is higher this year ... but I'm not about to bet any money on it.

Ask away if you have any questions!
I'm not looking for trash talking just Q&As from both sides.

My first question ... I know how awesome y'all DL is .... I'm excited to watch this match up because I think we have a top 3 SEC OL .... What about ya'll s LBs and DBs ... as far as experience ....
How many returning starters on O and D .... I'm talking about true starters.

I know both Clemson and Auburn have talent ..... Rivals.com had a 5 year recruiting avg recently and Auburn was #7 and Clemson was #11 .... SO I know we'll both have playmakers step up and make a name for themselves. Just wondering about returning starter from last year. We have 9 on D and 8 or 9 on offense .... our big additions are 5*QB Stidham and 5* OT from Texas ... which would both be upgrades from last year.

Tell me about y'alls and ask away!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How is your o-line?***

Aug 17, 2017, 1:35 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

This TiGER was in your lovely Village last week for 1st time..

Aug 17, 2017, 1:52 PM

and walked around its most beautiful campus (Samford Hall), walking uptown & seeing Toomer's Corner with huge brick inlay paw, Toomer's Drugs, new & smaller paper-rolling trees brought in from SC, Auburn Arts Store for a souvenir.. and course casing out Stadium and it's large bronze statues outside of Bo, Cam & Pat Sullivan.. and seeing plaque stating 2 Natties (1957 & 2011) and 12 Undefeated Seasons.

Have been wanting to visit Auburn for 50+ years and it took a trip to Memphis from HIlton Head Island to purchase ny 1st truck and circling back to see Elvis's birth-home place in Tupelo Missy during the 40th Anniv of his passing & then to the loveliest school on the Alabama Plains.

Yep..life is good, even at 76! LoL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This TiGER was in your lovely Village last week for 1st time..

Aug 17, 2017, 2:36 PM

I'm glad you made it! I was equally as excited to visit Clemson in 2011!

Re: How is your o-line?***

Aug 17, 2017, 2:35 PM [ in reply to How is your o-line?*** ]

O Line is one of the strengths of this team. Return 3 of 5 OLs but really 4.
With the emergence of Prince Tega Wanogho (wait to you see this guy) at LT, we're able to move
our RT from last year back to G in All American Braden Smith. One of the jewels of our class was
5*OT Calvin Ashley. He was recruited to come in and start but Tega is a freak. He's from Africa and only played two years of HS. Coach Hand has done a remarkable job with him and he's just so big and so quick. IF I had to rank our units as biggest strengths .... OL would be 2nd behind the DL.

Is he good enough to handle Dexter or Christian?***

Aug 17, 2017, 3:11 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is he good enough to handle Dexter or Christian?***

Aug 17, 2017, 4:01 PM

Yes. I know your DL will be the best we face all year (including bama)
But I promise, this will be the best OL you face all year (including FSU)

Aug 17, 2017, 6:51 PM

FSU's OL is crap, so I can easily believe that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2017, 10:09 PM

wasn't sure .... just know that's be the toughness game after ours .... they avg a top 5 class .... I'm sure they're decent.

Aug 17, 2017, 10:36 PM

You should watch us vs them last year. It was criminal how bad our DL beat up their QB. Kid stood threw it all somehow. We beat him senseless.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2017, 10:58 PM

IS Francois that good???

I remember watching FSU a few times and I wasn't impressed. I see where he's on these Heisman lists.

Aug 18, 2017, 5:08 AM

He's pretty good, and tough as nails.

Aug 17, 2017, 6:09 PM [ in reply to Re: How is your o-line?*** ]

That's a heck of a name. He must be a player.

Aug 17, 2017, 10:12 PM

Yeah ... he needs to be good to pull it off. LOL
Guy still has a thick accent. Redshirted his first year as a DT,
moved to OT last year. LT is a very important position, we knew he
had lots of natural ability .... We weren't sure if he'd hold off our True Freshman 5*OT, but he has.

Re: Official Auburn Thread ... Auburn Info??? Ask away

Aug 17, 2017, 1:41 PM

Do y'all have ACC speed?
You better have it

Aug 17, 2017, 2:37 PM

That's funny! Is that a spin off of SEC Speed? ;)
Yes, we have a very fast team with the skill positions. I would only say that Kam Pettway is more of a bruiser than a speedster.

Aug 17, 2017, 1:45 PM

Clemson D lost 5 starters:
2 on D-line (DT Carlos Watkins and DT Scott Pagano), but those get replaced by 5 star Christian Wilkins and 5 star Dexter Lawrence, so overall a wash if not Clemson being in a better position this year. Both multiple Award nominees for 2017.

1 Will LB (Ben Boulware). get's replaced by Clemson 2016 second leading tackler Kendall Joseph who played middle LB last year. Joseph gets replaced by 5 star Tre Lamar, and possibly some by 5 star Shaq (Rahshaun) Smith. Lamar has some experience, but not a ton....Smith redshirted last year, but he's BIG now from the weights training he's received...just don't know what we have with him yet.
https://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Tre-Lamar-assuming-the-role-of-man-in-the-middle-16085
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2016/tre-lamar-191
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2016/rahshaun-smith-205

2 in the backfield: Safety Jadar Johnson and DB Cordrea Tankersley. Tankersley is the bigger hit of the two....but there are plenty of experienced guys in those spots (Marcus Edmond, Ryan Carter, 4 star Trayvon Mullen, & 4 star Mark Fields), and an upcoming freshman 5 star AJ Terrell...so talent is there, experience is there somewhat, but only Carter and Edmond if I am correct started some games 1st string. Safety, it appears the names in most discussions are experienced veteran Van Smith & Tanner Muse (has some experience, hits hard and runs very well), and Issah Simmons has been mentioned some, but he redshirted last year, so again an unknown.
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2017/aj-terrell-10706

Other than that, the rest of the defense remains...and several of those remaining and those 2 linemen changing are already listed on the SI Pre-Season All American team:
http://www.tigernet.com/update/Four-Clemson-players-named-to-SIs-Preseason-All-America-team-27429?ref=front

Aug 17, 2017, 2:38 PM

That's what I was looking for! Very Informative.

Aug 17, 2017, 1:46 PM

You will likely receive this as "smack", but it is not.

Auburn is 23-16 the past three years, and Clemson is 37-3 in its last 40 games. No an opinion--that is just reality.

Furthermore, Clemson posted that record against better competition. The ACC has been better than the SEC the past three years, and Clemson has played far superior post-season competition. This Clemson program wins big games; this Auburn program does not.

Auburn is not at Clemson's level right now. Recruiting "stars" are on par, but Clemson recruits the whole person, and Auburn does not even know what that means. In terms of head coaching, coordinator coaching, player development, player discipline and focus, and overall culture, Clemson is operating at a different level than Auburn.

Clemson will win this game and move on with its season.

That was all factually based

Aug 17, 2017, 2:01 PM

at the start and finished with a healthy portion of SMACK.

Too funny.

"Clemson recruits the whole person, and Auburn does not even know what that means"

LOL

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Sucking Favage

Aug 17, 2017, 2:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Official Auburn Thread ... Auburn Info??? Ask away ]

Re: Sucking Favage

Aug 17, 2017, 3:08 PM

Thank You.
I get that whenever I walk in a room.

Aug 17, 2017, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Official Auburn Thread ... Auburn Info??? Ask away ]

Coming back to the smack talk guy :

Convenient that you used the last 3 years. 2 of those years were the worst QB situation in Auburn history. We sucked in 15 and we sucked in 16 when White wasn't playing due to either injury or Gus'
Tardation like in the Clemson game (more on that later).

Also included in that is 3 years for Clemson with the best player to ever put the jersey on. He's
gone, it won't be the same. We had this with Newton ... for one year. Had we had him for 3 years,
it'd be the same. These are generational type of players.

better competition? ACC MIGHT have edged out the SEC last year. It was a down year for QBs in the league. I'll give you that .... but over 3 years .... we'll have to agree to disagree.
We're going to find out in the first two weeks about who has the best conference. Bama vs FSU and AU vs Clemson.

Big Games ... you're memory is short. You're only using the Clemson/Watson years.

Your last part is just dumb :). Let's not pretend that you know anything about Auburn, when you clearly do not. Under Gus' tenure this has been the best Auburn team off the field. Discipline is a non issue. He doesn't play favs. He sat out our star QB during an SEC match up 91st game of the year) because Marshall got a citation for pot. Not arrested .... a citation. Our rulebook does not require game suspension for that. He sat him. Also that year .... kicked off our best player WR Duke Williams for attitude problem. Best Player. Gus is in control and the players know it.

Aug 17, 2017, 4:31 PM

Well... it's convenient that he used the last 3 years because that's very recent history and makes for a good blueprint for where the program stands right now

What good would recalling the past 10 years do?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2017, 5:06 PM

The last 3 years include the best player Clemson ever had.
He's gone.

Those 3 years, when you look back 30 years from now, we'll be the best 3 year stretch in Clemson history.

Call me out if I'm wrong.
I don't think you'll have a fall down to 8 wins like AU did with Cam's absence.
But it will be a step back in QB production. & your offense is like ours. SO goes the QB, goes the offense.

Tough to say.

Aug 17, 2017, 6:03 PM

I could see us going anywhere from 8-4 to 12-0. We won 8 games last year by 7 points or less with one of the best QB's in college football history. We really have no idea what to expect from our QB. I see our O being much worse, but we really don't know. For all I know it is great and Bryant is awesome. I see our D being better than last year if we stay healthy, and our D was already good. I think we go 10-3 on the year with a bowl victory. 9-3 regular season. Then again, that is just because I am not sure about our QB situation.

Re: Tough to say.

Aug 17, 2017, 11:00 PM

I think that's realistic considering the loss of Watson.

Y'all have tons of talent .... It just has to work at QB for offenses like ours.

Aug 17, 2017, 6:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Official Auburn Thread ... Auburn Info??? Ask away ]

I keep hearing that...everyone is going to be butt hurt when the next qb balls out too. Not to mention the rb's

Aug 17, 2017, 10:14 PM

Didn't say you have a bad QB ....
Just saying that you won't see anything near Watson.

It's the same with Cam Newton .... we'll never see that again.

Aug 18, 2017, 12:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Official Auburn Thread ... Auburn Info??? Ask away ]

I have researched your storied program. Is Bobby Lowder still bankrolling the recruiting at the Barn? He and Pat Dye were meant for each other. They're both so crooked that when they die, they'll be no need to dig a hole, just hook an auger to them and screw them into the ground!

Aug 18, 2017, 2:26 PM

LOL you have no idea about Lowder or Dye.
Which teenager gave you that thought?

Aug 17, 2017, 3:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Official Auburn Thread ... Auburn Info??? Ask away ]

Was Pitt a big game?

Aug 17, 2017, 5:07 PM

No.

Pitt was insignificant when it happened and ended up even more so after the fact. If you're trying to rub salt in a wound, it's not there.

Try again.

Aug 17, 2017, 11:01 PM

I wasn't trying hard .... Did you see the comment I was responding to?
C'mon .... you know how this works.

Aug 17, 2017, 8:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Official Auburn Thread ... Auburn Info??? Ask away ]

Were the following BIG games for Allbarn?

Clemson
Texas A&M
Georgia
Alabama

They all have something in common. Are you bright enough to figger it out?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2017, 10:15 PM

Please go back and look at who I was responding to.
Don't get teh panties in teh wad.

Aug 17, 2017, 10:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Official Auburn Thread ... Auburn Info??? Ask away ]

Missed where I said we were awesome last year .... maybe you could point that out.

But since you asked .....

Clemson - didn't play our best player (Kam Pittway) one snap. played QB Musical chairs in what I call the worst offensive game plan ever .... and despite those two things were still throwing in the end zone to win the game.

aTm - We had no answer for Myles Garrett .... MONSTER. totally forced us out of our game. They just beat us.

UGA - Pettway hurt White hurt .... had we had those two healthy we win by 2 TDs like the spread for that game suggested. They didn't score a TD on our D ... just 2 FGs .... Coach kept our Hurt QB in the game and a lame duck pass
was intercepted (because he couldn't throw more than 15 yds down field) for a pick 6. We could've lined up and played JF3 and just run the zone read with no passes and probably won by at least 14-6. Stupid coaching.

Bama - Started Jeremy Johnson with White hurt, Pettway was about 75% .... JJ is probably our worst QB in the last decade. Coaches new JF3 would run out of bounds against Bama's D (didn't like contact) and he sure couldn't throw ... so JJ got the nod.

All of those games were within reach entering the 4th Qtr. only one that might've been out of reach could've been aTm due to them shutting us down. We finally made a switch on the OL that worked out (too little too late) in the 4th Qtr that we stuck with the rest of the year.

It will be nice not having to plan for 3 QBs this year***

Aug 17, 2017, 10:26 PM

Clemson

Re: It will be nice not having to plan for 3 QBs this year***

Aug 17, 2017, 11:03 PM

I'm sure your DC was VERY worried LOL!!!!

Gus really thought he was outsmarting some folks.

We were in the stands like .... ### .... leave White in. It was like Gus didn't trust White
Although White just keeps proving him wrong with more opportunities .... he's just injury prone.

I've seen you mention stupid coaching as a reason that cost

Aug 18, 2017, 9:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Official Auburn Thread ... Auburn Info??? Ask away ]

you some games... What makes you think that Gus will be able to overcome his tendency to make head scratching coaching decisions on the road in Death Valley for a charged up atmosphere? Especially going up against Dabo and our coaching staff. The coaching game plan for AU game last year was atrocious. Our offense was ineffective and y'all did not capitalize on that. Had y'all not flip-flopped the qb's all night, you probably could have won that game.

Your defense gave you the opportunity to have the last second Hail Mary to potentially win the game. All I can say is that I'm thankful we have smarter DB's than UGA does (Harvey-Clemons in 2014) because I had flashes of how AU could win a game that they deserved to lose (given the body of work during the game) on a last-second fluke play.

The only reason I ask you this is because I have seen you mention coaching issues twice in this thread (maybe more). Do you think Gus has what it takes to get it done on the road in one of the most difficult places to go win a game? Will AU's talent be enough to overcome Gus' tendency to lose big games with poor decision-making?

where was your QB a a 5 star ?

Aug 17, 2017, 1:51 PM

Seems that SEC education is working well for you. Rivals and 247 composite have him a 4 star .
https://n.rivals.com/position_rankings/football/2015/DUAL

Re: where was your QB a a 5 star ?

Aug 17, 2017, 2:13 PM

247 had him rated as a 5 star

Aug 17, 2017, 2:40 PM

Thank You ;)

Aug 17, 2017, 2:41 PM [ in reply to where was your QB a a 5 star ? ]

247 had him as a 5 star and the #2 DTQB in the country. Not sure how to link here?

Junior college QBs are the awesome***

Aug 17, 2017, 2:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Junior college QBs are the awesome***

He didn't play JUCO ...

He played one year at Baylor where he came in as a true freshman behind Russell. When Russell went down he stepped up in a big way.

Throwing for 1200yds, 12 TDs and only 2 INTs ... right at a 70% completion percentage and throwing over 100 passes.

Aug 17, 2017, 6:55 PM

That was in the Big 12, where passing D is not allowed, so there's that.

Aug 17, 2017, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Junior college QBs are the awesome*** ]

He sat out last year and worked with NFL gurus.
He still has 3 years of eligibility ... although I think he only stays a year or two
before he goes pro.

Aug 17, 2017, 1:51 PM

Is your cousin a good kisser?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Aug 17, 2017, 2:42 PM

Nice.

Most Auburn fans actually went to AU.
Very few sidewalk alum.

You're thinking of Bama. ;)

So, is that a yes?***

Aug 17, 2017, 2:45 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: So, is that a yes?***

Aug 17, 2017, 3:13 PM

Hot cousin or ugly cousin?

How does it feel to be 2nd best in the state? We wouldn't know.***

Aug 17, 2017, 2:03 PM

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: How does it feel to be 2nd best in the state? We wouldn't know.***

Can't argue with you right now. Although we only trail the series by 9 or 10 now (thanks Saban)
They've been pretty darn good lately. I don't think you'd like your record against them if you played them every week.

*year

Aug 17, 2017, 2:47 PM [ in reply to How does it feel to be 2nd best in the state? We wouldn't know.*** ]

You may not be 2nd in your state (to a team that hasn't ever won their conference)

but you're 2nd in this rivalry:

Auburn leads, 34–14–2

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

;)

Smack to smack

Aug 17, 2017, 3:39 PM

That record becomes 3-2 in Clemson's favor if you don't include games that happened in a different century... Also, thank you for not claiming all the MNC's that the Wammer Bammer Mammer Jammer's do down the road from y'all. Tiger bruh's bby.

Aug 17, 2017, 4:07 PM

True. I feel like we had awful teams in 11 & 12. I would've loved to swap 11 & 12 with 13 & 14
Last year was a fair fight as far as talent.
This year will be too.
It's turned into a good rivalry.

Is it true you don't have a lake?

Aug 17, 2017, 2:05 PM

What do you do on hot days to cool off?

Re: Is it true you don't have a lake?

Aug 17, 2017, 2:44 PM

Lake Martin .... 20 -25 min away.

I've heard they call Clemson "Auburn with a Lake" though.

Aug 17, 2017, 6:59 PM

Do you know why they call Clemson "Auburn with a lake"? Most Clemson fans do.

Ya'll architecture was inspired by Auburn. Esecially y'alls nice building (forget the name) that was inspired by our Samford Hall. Also after John Heisman left Auburn, he went to Clemson and copied everything .... Tigers, Orange and Purple (instead of Blue) etc

Aug 17, 2017, 10:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Is it true you don't have a lake? ]

Ya'll architecture was inspired by Auburn. Especially y'alls nice building (forget the name) that was inspired by our Samford Hall. Also after John Heisman left Auburn, he went to Clemson and copied everything .... Tigers, Orange and Purple (instead of Blue) etc

Aug 17, 2017, 10:41 PM

It was Walter Riggs. Read this brief write up. He actually brought the architectural plans from some of Auburn's buildings. I think it was also Mr. Riggs that was responsible for the mascot.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Riggs

Aug 17, 2017, 11:04 PM

I stand corrected about the mascot .... thought it was ole Johnny boy.

Aug 17, 2017, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Is it true you don't have a lake? ]

go inside and have the sects

How will Auburn respond after a 4th consecutive loss

Aug 17, 2017, 2:07 PM

to Clemson?

;)

Re: How will Auburn respond after a 4th consecutive loss

Aug 17, 2017, 2:48 PM

I'll come back and visit this one in a few weeks.

Aug 17, 2017, 7:39 PM

Probably not.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2017, 10:27 PM

Oh I'll come back .... Even if we lose.

How many losses will it take to fire Gus?***

Aug 17, 2017, 2:09 PM

Re: How many losses will it take to fire Gus?***

Aug 17, 2017, 2:49 PM

Probably 5

This is the be talent Auburn has had in over a decade.
So in my opinion 9 isn't enough wins. We'll see.
I think we go 10-2 or 11-1 depending on this game.

How many QBs will you play at the same time?***

Aug 17, 2017, 2:09 PM

Re: How many QBs will you play at the same time?***

Aug 17, 2017, 3:14 PM

Jeebus ... I hope that doesn't happen again this year.

I actually think Auburn would fire Gus if Stidham played less than 98% of meaningful snaps.

The game is at Clemson. We don't need any info from you

Aug 17, 2017, 2:10 PM

we know where to go and park, and what our team will do to your team. Thanks for stopping by, though

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

How much did y'all pay Cam?***

Aug 17, 2017, 2:10 PM

Re: How much did y'all pay Cam?***

Aug 17, 2017, 2:50 PM

zero.

Cam's dad, tried to get money out of MS State ... they said no .... he got spooked.
Auburn was really the only other top school recruiting him. and we had 4 Sr. OL

Lol, right....

Aug 17, 2017, 4:29 PM

Those Mississippi schools have been known to play by the rules....

Re: Lol, right....

Aug 17, 2017, 5:09 PM

Does cheating go on??? Yes ... you can probably include Clemson in that.

I'm not saying we're lily white ... but we did not pay him $180k or anything like that.

His dad tried and got shot down by MSU .... Did some AU Booster pay Cam $10 or $15k ....
probably ... have no clue.

But LOL at the $180K stuff. (Although he would've been worth much more)

You'll get a lot of Stick talk

Aug 17, 2017, 2:11 PM

On here so just be prepared. It's all in good fun. I'm sure you'll find that if you don't start talking smack no one will start it with you unless copious amounts of alcohol are involved. But, over all I think we're a friendly fan base and we welcome all except mouthy Louersville and coot fans.

That said I hope for a good game. I'll be there and I feel sure it will be a great game so good luck to your auburn War #### squirrel-eagle-tiger-tombstone-big blue-plainsmen.

Re: You'll get a lot of Stick talk

Aug 17, 2017, 2:52 PM

Nice!

Yes, I'm on the Rivals and 247 boards .... I know what I'm getting into.

Truly don't mean to talk smack .... unless smack is given ;)

Aug 17, 2017, 2:17 PM

Offense gets trickier, but there is tons of experience still on it.

RB's:
lost Wayne Gallman, but still have Adam Choice (who 2 years ago started over Gallman, but then had a leg injury)...CJ Fuller (which you can see with that 24 or so yd run that started the last drive of the National Championship, but was the main 2nd string guy behind Gallman the last 2 years)...5 star Tavien Feaster (played backup roles last year, but not a guy to sleep on if he gets things together this year...hint, he's wearing Spiller's "out of retirement" jersey), and a freshman who seems to be pushing the guys in practice, but the only one with no college experience (Travis Etienne).

WR's (Clemson offense's likely deepest spot):
starter Hunter renfrow...likely don't need to tell you who that is, but:

Starter/2nd string Deon Cain (started several games in 2015 during Mike William's season ending injury...2nd string behind him in 2016):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH5yETKyQJ4
http://herosports.com/college-football/ncaa-fbs-deon-cain-clemson-wr-acc-top-30-2017-b6b6

Starter 4-5 star Ray Ray McCloud.

rest of the WR's have played some 2nd and 3rd string at times (Cornell Powell, Deondre Overton, Trevion Thompson)...almost all are 4-5 star guys though, so I wouldn't take any of them lightly, especially even the 2 new freshmen, Amari Rodgers and Tee Higgins:
http://www.tigernet.com/update/player/WATCH-Tee-Higgins-with-amazing-one-handed-catch-27315

QB and TE: Here's where the least experience comes in to play.

Obviously, none of the QB's started any games over Watson...so that's a gimme. But Kelly Bryant has some experience...though there are some deep concerns with him in his passing game. Running, he's very dangerous. behind him are 3 high rated QB's that have no college experience, but that never means they would be ones that couldn't do the job...4 star Zerrick Cooper, 5 Star #1-2 2017 QB Hunter Johnson, and 4 Star Elite 11 MVP Chase Brice. Tucker Israel is also another 4 star Clemson has, but due to an injury, it's not seeming like he'll be much in the mix at this point, not at least by the time Clemson plays Auburn.

TE: gone is Clemson's main experience guy, Jordan Leggett.

Behind him at one time was Clemson's likely best blocking TE, Garrett Williams, but he has an injury in the spring and might not be back until at least mid-season, if at all in 2017.

The remaining with some mild experince (not starter though) is Milan Richard (the nephew of Herschel Walker), Cannon Smith, and DJ Greenlee. The rest are all inexperinced reshirted guys or freshmen.

OL: all starters from 2016 but the center Jay Guillermo returns. He's replaced by Justin Falcinelli, who started some games at guard, played center and guard both in 2016.

Aug 17, 2017, 2:57 PM

Good Stuff! Thanks!

You're welcome for beating Bama for you

Aug 17, 2017, 2:46 PM

Steele is a horrible coach. That is why you went 8-5 last year.

Malzahn will be gone next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You're welcome for beating Bama for you

Aug 17, 2017, 2:54 PM

Disagree.
We lost 5 games because of QB injuries. Our D was Top 10 scoring D in the nation.

It took Steele a couple of years to screw us up too

Aug 17, 2017, 2:59 PM

Our D declined every year he was here. He never lasts more than 2-3 years anywhere for a reason.

Re: It took Steele a couple of years to screw us up too

Aug 17, 2017, 3:16 PM

We've got a better D this year than we did last year .... so, we'll see if you're right.

The guy keeps getting jobs at elite schools.

Clemson to LSU to Auburn

Aug 17, 2017, 3:19 PM

For the record, he keeps losing those jobs too.

He was definitely fired from Clemson right after

Aug 17, 2017, 3:32 PM

our worst loss ever possibly. We would not be where we are today if that didn't happen.

Aug 17, 2017, 4:15 PM [ in reply to Re: It took Steele a couple of years to screw us up too ]

While LSU probably upgraded with their DC in Aranda.
Auburn hired him away from LSU.

Aug 17, 2017, 7:05 PM

The dude is poison. You will find out. All Clemson fans will wish you "good luck with that"!

Re: You're welcome for beating Bama for you

Aug 17, 2017, 4:14 PM [ in reply to You're welcome for beating Bama for you ]

I Think we're in for a pretty big year. Gus won't be gone unless we win 8 or less.

I gots a question for ya

Aug 17, 2017, 2:50 PM

Since you are still ignoring me on the other thread. You stated Alabama had a better defense than us in 2014 when we were the number overall ranked defense in the country. So once again please do tell how someone can be better than number one? Were they the number zero overall defense? I gots the confrused....And remember Godspeed with your response I gotta go take my afternoon nap...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I gots a question for ya

Aug 17, 2017, 2:56 PM

Bama is like #1 every year. I actually assumed that.
My bad. I didn't research the 2014 Defensive ranks.

640 yards agaist South Carolina is impressive .....
It's super impressive against any Saban coached D with 1/2 the players are future NFL stars.

Sorry. Between work and this thread ... I haven't gone back to those threads.

I'm going to stick to this one .... so @ me over here!

Aug 17, 2017, 3:05 PM

Do I have to take you to dinner first before I @ you?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2017, 3:16 PM

And where did we give up "640 yards agaist South Carolina is impressive ....." we gave up 339 that game...

Aug 17, 2017, 3:21 PM

He's saying "it'd be impressive to do that to South Carolina" pretty much...but when it's Saban, total different meaning...

Aug 17, 2017, 4:16 PM [ in reply to Re: I gots a question for ya ]

hellz yes

Aug 17, 2017, 3:07 PM [ in reply to Re: I gots a question for ya ]

640 is impressive, though it was 630 technically...but Bama had 3 turnovers, so you;d have to look how much of those yards came from those. That I don't know.

I'd personally say 550 and 511 in consecutive years with Bama having 0 turnovers is more impressive though. You may be able to do it once, but how about twice, in 2 National Championships when the big prize is on the line??

Aug 17, 2017, 3:18 PM

Out at "Techinally 630"

& I think you meant .... Auburn caused 3 turnovers.

Aug 17, 2017, 3:23 PM

Still a defense move that allowed the offense to get the ball back to go the other way...without it (as in 0 turnover games like Clemson played), there'd have been...and I looked it up...101 less yards on that.

And it was 630.
http://www.espn.com/college-football/matchup?gameId=400548323

Aug 17, 2017, 3:26 PM

Dude ... you need a job or a girlfriend.

WE were blasting them in between the tackles. we lost that game due to two dropped TD passes in the endzone. both inside the redzone. Sammy missed one and Duke missed one. we could've put the game out of reach and made them one dimensional .... as in more of a passing offense ... where we would've probably had more FORCED ints.

Aug 17, 2017, 3:30 PM

Still doesn't change the fact that the team got more yards after an interception...and if those interceptions do not happen, neither do those yards. If comparing to Clemson teams that played a 0 interception game (i.e. all of their drives, every last one of them, was off a punt or kickoff), you'd get a better idea of the yards created by true offensive drives with no turnovers happening.

And I'm married btw, sorry to disappoint you on the hopes for a date.

Aug 17, 2017, 3:34 PM

Or let's put it this way. You think it's more impressive Auburn had 3 short field drives of 32, 38, and 31 yards to add up to an additional 101 yards and 17 points (2 TD's, one FG...so all 3 were in Alabama territory), than a team that had 550 yards starting nearly every play at or from inside their own 25??

Aug 17, 2017, 4:20 PM

Wait Wait Wait .... you do realize that the return yards do not go into the overall total yards right?

Who's to say that if that pass isn't intercepted ... they punt .... and we get the opportunity to drive it down their throats for MORE yards.

Aug 17, 2017, 4:22 PM

I see what you're saying.

I'm saying they couldn't stop us. 630 yds and 40 points.
Had we had longer drive opportunities, it might have ran clock and even been in the 700s.

Carl Lawson was out that year. Had we had our best Defensive player .... I think we beat them by 2TDs that year. HE would've caused some sacks, pressures, tackles for loss for sure.

Aug 17, 2017, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Re: I gots a question for ya ]

The yards I counted are the yards listed in the play by play on espn after the interceptions, not counting return.

All I am saying is they are extra yards that come from a defensive turnover (the other side, you don't stop them, they march the other 65-70 and put 7 on you instead, wasting possibly twice the time it took AU to move those less than 40 ones).

So no I'm not saying they don't go into it, yes, they do in the big picture...it's a game, all do. I'm saying you kinda are running around a bit on the cocky side to a team, that two years in a row put 550 and 511 yards on two Bama D's that were averaging 253 and 266 yards per game, in the BIG game both times, not just a rivalry game...and in one of them broke National Championship records in total yards and still holds that record today:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2607074-deshaun-watson-breaks-vince-youngs-total-yards-record-in-a-national-title-gamea

I get you are happy and all, but really??

Aug 17, 2017, 4:36 PM

and yep, just saying in comparison (removing turnover resulted yards)...ones that wouldn't be racking up if the ball was still moving the way it was before the turnover. Turnover made them extra Auburn yards...no turnover, the yard count would have been going up for Bama until they were stopped or scored.

So removing, it's similar to Auburn having a no turnover game with 529 yards...still impressive regardless.

Aug 17, 2017, 5:17 PM [ in reply to Re: I gots a question for ya ]

I got you ....

I'm saying they couldn't stop us .... and we would've had over 700+ had we not had the short fields.

I know the NC game is the BIG stage ....but "Not just a rivalry" ... no offense, but this is not USC vs Clemson ....

The Iron Bowl is freaking HUGE .... SI.com did a piece years ago which ranked the Iron Bowl the #1 rivalry (Much less in all of CFB) in all of SPorts.

Aug 17, 2017, 7:00 PM

Yep, know the iron bowl meaning. :) Clemson/SCAR isn't a slouch though either....it is the 2nd longest current running rivalry in college football. Check Wikipedia about it, you'll see that said.

Aug 17, 2017, 3:00 PM [ in reply to I gots a question for ya ]

Just for back up...cfstats, the S&P+, and ESPN Team Efficiency 2014...Clemson #1 D.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2014/leader/national/team/defense/split01/category10/sort01.html
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaadef2014
http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings/_/year/2014/sort/defEfficiency/tab/efficiency

Alabama's is #12 in one, #5 in one, #7 in the 3rd. Clemson's 2014 defense was the best in the nation.

Aug 17, 2017, 3:20 PM

I'm sure the 6THIRTY we put on them drastically decreased their ranking.

They usually give up between 200-300 .... so the 630 we put on them made a dent in their ranking for sure. They may have had the #1 or at least #3 before they played us.

Aug 17, 2017, 3:58 PM

Teamrankings (only place I can find that goes backward in months, though they end Jan with Clemson #2, Penn State #1 because they didn't figure Clemson's final that took them to 260.8, but have Penn State at 278.7 like cfbstats does)

Clemson is #3 prior to that game, Alabama is #5.
https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/opponent-yards-per-game?date=2014-11-28

Alabama prior to Auburn was averaging 290.1 yards per game, Clemson 273.2.

Ending stats, Clemson was averaging 260.8 yards per game per Cfbstats.com, so they got better, Auburn made Alabama's worse, as you stated. So nope, Clemson prior was still better. ;)

Aug 17, 2017, 4:25 PM

Dang dude.

You and these stats. ;)

Look, the ACC got to claim best conference last year.

But NO ONE would argue that the SEC had the best conf in 2014.
Bama had the #5 Defense leading up to our game (630) after playing that schedule.

I would still say Bama had the better D. The Draft over the last 3 years probably shows that.

Aug 17, 2017, 4:38 PM

lol...remember that job you said I need...I work as an analyst and planner. ;) Helps explain. lol

Aug 17, 2017, 5:21 PM

I'm an Insurance Agent .... which explains why I'm able to reply :)

Hope you didn't take offense to that ... I'm just joshin you

Aug 17, 2017, 6:53 PM

Lol, none taken. ;)

Aug 17, 2017, 3:00 PM

Do you not get annoyed by UGA always claiming they're gonna win the Sec and also the NC each year?

Aug 17, 2017, 3:22 PM

Awful .... I actually want to beat them worse than I do Bama this year.

WE chocked the last 2 years.
They (or Bama) hasn't played our starting QB the last two years. The last time bama played our starter is when we hung the 630 and 40 points on them.

White started UGA last year but couldn't throw the ball more than 15 yds with his bumb shoulder ...
it costs us the only TD they scored ... a pick six by a lame duck throw by White. It truly was miserable.

What's your favorite Auburn message board

Aug 17, 2017, 3:02 PM

and when can we expect you to leave ours and go back to it?

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: What's your favorite Auburn message board

Aug 17, 2017, 3:24 PM

Rivals .... We have some legit posters with inside info. THis one guy has inside info for us as well as FSU .... coming in very handy for the Justin Fields recruitment.

OH ....

I

See

What

You

Did

There

I'll leave if you want me to.
I've only had one good question about our OL .... Fire away?

What are your thoughts on Franklin leaving for FAU?

Aug 17, 2017, 3:28 PM

Knew it was coming a week ago. He was listed as 3rd string receiver and back up Kick Returner.
He was waiting on his graduation so he could do it without having to sit out a year.

I'm glad for him ... because he wasn't going to play this year .... too much talent at WR for him to break the lineup. He would've been a guy that when he was in .... it would've been obvious that a Reverse or speed sweep was coming.

Nice kid. I wish him well. He MAY get some PT at FAU at WR.

How dem trees doing? Love that y'all tp'd them after we beat

Bama. LOL!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How dem trees doing? Love that y'all tp'd them after we beat

Aug 17, 2017, 3:29 PM

We were definitely pulling for y'all.
Trees are good. We now call the redneck bama fans Updykes.

Does Gus just suck at recruiting QB's out of HS

Or can he not develop them? Seems to only have success with transfers/JUCOs

Kiehl Frazier, Sean White, Jeremy Johnson, etc all busts

Aug 17, 2017, 3:35 PM

Only real success with Cam (JUCO) and Marshall (JUCO)... and now turning to talented transfer Stidham

Re: Kiehl Frazier, Sean White, Jeremy Johnson, etc all busts

Aug 17, 2017, 3:52 PM

& I wouldn't call Sean White a bust. He was a 4 star but AU was the only big school to offer.

after that awful Clemson game with the rotation ... he settled in and went 7-1 before his injury.
He led the SEC in three passing categories including Passing efficiency and yds/catch or attempt.
He's great when he's healthy. Got busted up at the end of the Ole Miss game,
Came in the next week when JF3 was struggling and threw a TD pass to escape disaster with Vandy.
Next week was UGA ... he was still hurt bad. Threw a lame duck pass that UGA ran back for a TD,
cost us the game.

In the Sugar Bowl vs Oklahoma ... we were excited because he finally had time to heal.
1st drive took it the distance for a TD, but on the way, ran into their MLB ... broke his arm.
Played through it for 2 more drives before coming out .... game was over in the first Qtr.

We were VERY good when he was healthy and AWFUL when he was hurt.
Now we have him healthy as a backup behind Stidham .... so we have depth at QB that we haven't had
in 3 years.

Re: Does Gus just suck at recruiting QB's out of HS

Aug 17, 2017, 3:37 PM [ in reply to Does Gus just suck at recruiting QB's out of HS ]

This is a very fair question:

I think he has short comings as a QB developer. I love Gus' system (Your system comes from him teaching it to Chad Morris)

However, in 2011 and 2012 we had 2 3*QBs to work with ... then he signed 4 Star Kyle Frazier ... that guy looked great in high school, but when he got in the game (see 2012 Clemson game) he had that "Deer in the headlight look". Some guys just do not have IT.

2013 and 2014 were different ... he took a HS QB who played DB at UGA .... and made him into a solid passer to go along with his MIke Vickesque wheels.

2015 2016 was the Jeremy Johnson experience. JJ was a 4 star who had the total package ... 6'5 230
cannon arm. He got all that hype in 2014 when he threw for 250 in one half against Ark. while Marshall was suspended.

Next significant playing time was 2015 and he threw 3 picks .... he was just dumb as a box of rocks when it came to reading a D.

Sean White is a different story. I love Sean. Sean won the Elite 11 MVP ... was MVP of Under Armour ALL American game .... the Dude is awesome from 30 yds in .... when he's HEALTHY!!!

Last year against Clemson, we played QB Musical Chairs. Everyone was pissed. We feel like had Sean played every snap, we would've won. Also, our All SEC RB Kam Pettway didn't have one snap.
Dude had like 1200+ yds and missed 4 games. He's a freak ... but I Digress.

So now we have the highest rated QB since Cam in Stidham. If he messes this up, he may not make it to the end of the season.

I agree Pettway and Stidham could be game changers

Aug 17, 2017, 3:46 PM

This game can go either way....

I have to disagree on him making Marshall a solid passer though, dude couldn't hit the broad side of a barn but was a killer on the read option.

Re: I agree Pettway and Stidham could be game changers

Aug 17, 2017, 3:55 PM

We played Arkansas that game and Brett Bielma was talking smack. So he tried to run the entire game without passing once. I think we threw it 7 times and slaughtered them.

You wrong about Marshall though .... these were his stats against the best D we played (Bama) in 2014.

N. Marshall

27-43, 456 YDS, 3 TD, 1 INT

Re: I agree Pettway and Stidham could be game changers

Aug 17, 2017, 3:59 PM [ in reply to I agree Pettway and Stidham could be game changers ]

They are both NFL calilber players .... Those are the glory positions though ... I think most of us Auburn fans are most excited about our OL and DL ...

Biggest concern? punter
Serious though (Apparently Gus was worried about this)

I'd say the depth at Safety and CB aren't quite like DL and LB.
Although I wouldn't trade our starters for anything.

Listen out for Jamal Dean. He should be starting at CB. He committed to Ohio State. Got up there they processed him due to a leg injury. He tried to fight it. They were just making room. Anyway his was a highly rated stud. So we took him ... our Dr.s said he was fine after his ACL. Then dude got hurt again last spring. So this is his first year. But he's supposedly a stud. 6'2 CB.

Aug 17, 2017, 3:25 PM

Y'all are rough....

Auburnfan,

What's the offense going to look like this year? I know Stidham can run, but he's also taken a beating and hasn't played in awhile. What are the early reports?

Aug 17, 2017, 3:46 PM

Stidham is an athlete. Before he started for his HS team, he played WR (I think his soph year) Had great numbers 11TDs on a State Championship team)
Even though 247 had him as the #2 DTQB ... Baylor didn't ask him to run .... dude has legit speed ...
not like elite speed .... but probably 4.6.

We will pass more this year.
We've led the SEC in rushing the last 2 years. We'll be more balanced this year. I'm thinking a 60/40 run/pass.

Chip Lindsey, the OC, passed more at his previous jobs. at Southern Miss and Arizona State.
but I truly think we'll be balanced.

You guys didn't see our hoss RB last year .... but He's a stud pony.

Literally every position will be better. The OL is the deepest, The WR might be the most talented we've had since 2004 and we have 2 really good RBs. Stidham is the one that has everyone excited.

here's a clip of his highlights during just the 1st half of our A day game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5EiTvyzOeQ&t=161s

Aug 17, 2017, 5:08 PM

I watched the Stidham A game film.

Plz Plz Plz let that be the defense Clemson sees when we play Auburn.

Aug 17, 2017, 5:19 PM

BTW perhaps as you said no one would argue that the SEC was the best league in 2014, but the ACC did go 5-3 versus SEC that year. Probably means nothing to SEC fans.

Aug 17, 2017, 5:23 PM

What were the match ups .....

I'm sure it wasn't

1 vs 1
2 vs 2
3 vs 3

It wasn't until last year when a conference has taken over the "best conf" title from the SEC.
Even when OSU one the NC .... that didn't mean the B1G was the best Conf .... it sucked outside of
OSU and Wisconsin that year.

Aug 17, 2017, 5:30 PM

Like I said, SEC fans were not impressed by the fact their league lost the head to head match up vs the ACC in 2014. Probably the SEC guys didn't want to be in those 5 losing games.

Hey, AuburnFan I hope you enjoy yuor trip to Clemson. We really enjoyed our trip to Auburn last year.
Just think, if you come to Death Valley and see a win for your team, it'll be the first time since 1970 when AU fans have left Clemson happy.

Aug 17, 2017, 10:32 PM

Nice .... How many trips to Death Valley aside from 2011?

Aug 17, 2017, 10:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Official Auburn Thread ... Auburn Info??? Ask away ]

Nice .... How many trips to Death Valley aside from 2011?

Aug 17, 2017, 5:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Official Auburn Thread ... Auburn Info??? Ask away ]

LOL ... 1s vs 2s with some guys out.
Don't get your hopes up.

Watch last year's game and figure that we'll be better.

Aug 17, 2017, 3:29 PM

For fantasy football league, which of your WR will put up the most stats? (catches, yards tds?)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2017, 3:40 PM

I'd go with Nate Craig-Myers .... the former #1 overall recruit in the nation before his injury his Sr year.

Next I'd say Kyle Davis. Those are the two that will probably play in the NFL (Just Soph now)

Next group is Slayton, Stove and Fresman Noah Iggy

Aug 17, 2017, 4:12 PM

Thanks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haha

Aug 17, 2017, 8:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Official Auburn Thread ... Auburn Info??? Ask away ]

"The two that will probably play in the NFL"

... welcome to WRU

Our roster is loaded with NFL talent on the outside.

LLLOOOOOOAAAAAAADDDDEEEEDDD

Re: Haha

Aug 17, 2017, 10:36 PM

Chaile,
I wasn't comparing our WRs to yours ... I know about Cain and a few other guys ....
Just telling you about the ones I know about. We had the best WR class last year ... now we have a stud QB to get them the ball. I'm predicting NCM sets Receiving records at AU this year.

Does Jordan-Hare sell Dippin' Dots????

Aug 17, 2017, 5:00 PM

That is the question. To be a real tiger team, you must have the dots of dippin.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does Jordan-Hare sell Dippin' Dots????

Aug 17, 2017, 5:25 PM

I mean .... what stadium doesn't have Dippin Dots!?!?!?

Asking away . . .

Aug 17, 2017, 5:12 PM

What is it like to attend the 99th-ranked university in the nation?

Re: Asking away . . .

Aug 17, 2017, 5:27 PM

Ehhh ..... I make 6 figures ... it worked out well for me ;)

Realistically how much do you expect to lose by and

Aug 17, 2017, 5:24 PM

How many sacks do you think stidham takes? And I mean during the game not post game teabagging. Tia.

Re: Realistically how much do you expect to lose by and

Aug 17, 2017, 5:28 PM

I actually feel like if the game were tomorrow ... I'd pick Auburn. We have more experience and a HUGE upgrade at QB. Best kicker in college football 8-9 starters returning from both sides ....
I'll let you know my pic closer to game time (subject to change)

Stidham is good. And I'll eat crow if I'm wrong but he played for

Aug 17, 2017, 5:31 PM

A sub par conference. I think our defensive line will put him on his back several times.

Re: Stidham is good. And I'll eat crow if I'm wrong but he played for

Aug 17, 2017, 5:39 PM

LOL at Sub Par conference. We'll find out who's the best after week 2
FSU vs Bama
Clemson Vs AU
GT vs Tenn

I was talking about big 12. I respect the sec

Aug 17, 2017, 5:41 PM

Though I think last year was basically Alabama and everyone else.

Re: Stidham is good. And I'll eat crow if I'm wrong but he played for

Aug 17, 2017, 7:30 PM [ in reply to Stidham is good. And I'll eat crow if I'm wrong but he played for ]

If he is so good, why did he transfer?

Aug 17, 2017, 5:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Realistically how much do you expect to lose by and ]

AU fan says AU would win if the game were tomorrow.

Vegas favors Clemson by 7.5
AU was 3-9-1 vs the spread last year.
Clemson covered the spread 8 of 15 games last year.

Aug 17, 2017, 10:38 PM

That was the initial spread .... it's been slowly coming down. Last time I looked it was 5 .... I heard it was 3.5 in some places.

You're doing yourself a disservice if you compare this team to last year's team.

Aug 17, 2017, 5:30 PM [ in reply to Realistically how much do you expect to lose by and ]

Sacks???

Hmm ... I say y'all sack him twice .... I think we have one of the best OL in the country as well.
But we'll probably pass the ball 25+ this year ... so with ya'll DEs you might get a couple. But wouldn't shock me at all if it's 0. He's very agile. The only sack I see is from a blindside where he doesn't see it coming.

Aug 17, 2017, 6:54 PM

So we pretty much return the same lines, but you expect to allow half as many sacks while playing a night game in Death Valley? Lol.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Aug 17, 2017, 10:39 PM

Our OL is upgraded with 2 5* players .... with the former #2 DTQB in the country. So he'll be able to avoid potential sacks .... so ......

yeah

Aug 17, 2017, 11:05 PM

Last year was Clelin Ferrell's and Dexter Lawrence's first college game ever and they still dominated your oline to say that they've gotten much better and used to the speed of the game is an understatement especially in Ferrell's case. It was also Christian Wilkins' first game playing DE since Austin Bryant, the starter going into the season, broke is foot in fall camp. Christian is now moving back to his more natural position of DT. I doubt 2 5* freshmen will make a difference going against a dline consisting of 4 players that will be at least 2nd round draft picks (Lawrence and Wilkins top 15). Not to mention the type of speed we have at LB and S that Venables loves to send pressure with. Also unlike Kevin Steele, Brent Venables knows how to scheme against a Dual threat QB against Louisville we had 5 sacks, 6 sacks playing FSU on the road, 4 sacks against VT (ACC-CG), and 3 sacks against OSU. All of those teams had some of the best Dual threat QBs in the country.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Aug 17, 2017, 5:38 PM [ in reply to Realistically how much do you expect to lose by and ]

I mean we can look at last year's game and go from there:
Ya'll played at our place (tough) .... so the ###### is flipped going to death valley (tough)
Y'all lose a 5 star QB/Stud/Generation QB .... we gain a 5 Star QB

Y'all didn't play against Kam Pettway (Freaking Bulldozer) ... he actually missed 4 games and still rushed for 1200 yds.

We didn't have much of a passing game. We rotated QBs every other play. This year we will have a QB, won't rotate and we'll feed Pettway and Johnson behind our stud OL. Our WR might be the best kept secret in all of college football. How we managed to sign our WR class of 16 is beyond belief. We're a running team (the last few years) and we were able to get guys like Kyle Davis and Nate Craig Myers.
Slayton and Stove and Mcclain and Noah (all 4 Star or better). No one knows about them because we haven't thrown the ball more than 13 times on avg in 2 years. One of those guys ... my guess is NCM will set Receiving records at Auburn this year (IF Stidham stays healthy)

Our D is probably better than our o.

That's where my confidence is coming from.
Gus has said he's giving Chip Lindsey full control of the offensive, that's another reason for my confidence LOL.

Not to be mean but

Aug 17, 2017, 6:48 PM

If a wr is a well kept secret, it's cause he ain't that good. Talent shines, every one else blends in.

Re: Not to be mean but

Aug 17, 2017, 10:43 PM

LOL

Right .... Our QB threw the ball maybe 13 times on avg. last year .... spread that around and you have what 3 balls at most??? WE led the SEC in rushing and were among the worst in passing .... due to QB problems not WR problems.

LOL.

Here's Kyle Davis .... Just thought of this play off the top of my head. He's our 2nd best WR behind NCM.

https://youtu.be/NK3m_r-D5HM

I see my questions were answered above**

Aug 17, 2017, 5:39 PM

null

Message was edited by: Carlsbad®

Aug 17, 2017, 5:40 PM

I've got to go .... I'll check back around 10pm or 11pm!

Aug 17, 2017, 6:24 PM

Make sure the fries are good and hot I know sometimes on the night shift it gets slow ??

Aug 17, 2017, 10:45 PM

I so want to post my tax returns ...
But I'm not a ###### canoe so ....
:)

Aug 17, 2017, 6:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Official Auburn Thread ... Auburn Info??? Ask away ]

Laughed my butt off at the Updyke comment. Hope you enjoy your trip to the valley ????

I have a question.

Aug 17, 2017, 7:08 PM

How do Auburn fans feel about Kevin Steele?

Just one question.

Aug 17, 2017, 7:18 PM

All I really want to know is exactly how much did you guys pay Cecil Newton. That is all.

Did y'all give Cam more than the $250,000?***

Aug 17, 2017, 10:12 PM

Re: Did y'all give Cam more than the $250,000?***

Aug 17, 2017, 10:54 PM

No .... See my comments above.

NCAA camped out at Auburn for a 16 month investigation and found nothing .... not only that .... they found no other violations.

If they would've camped out in Tuscaloosa a few years ago .... Bama may be recovering from the Death Penalty.
Everyone (hammers) kept saying they're going to nail y'all for something ....

NADA

Cecil asked MSU for $180K .... that's documented. There was NEVER any thing linked to AU paying money.
Everyone just assumed.

Here's what happened.

Cecil asked and was turned down ..... MSU sucked and had a terrible OL. Auburn was recruiting him and we had 4 Sr returning OL. IT was an easy choice.

Trash begat trash...

Aug 18, 2017, 7:11 AM

"...Earlier this month, ESPN.com and other news outlets reported that John Bond, a former Mississippi State quarterback, said he was approached by a former teammate on behalf of Cecil Newton, who was seeking $180,000 in exchange for sending his son there..."

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/24/sports/ncaafootball/24newton.html?mcubz=1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trash begat trash...

Aug 18, 2017, 8:40 AM

Pretty sure he'll claim #fakenews...

Auburn has good players, Clemson has good players. This is why Clemson wins:

Dabo > Gus
Venables 100x > Steele
Scott/Elliott > Lindsey

Aug 17, 2017, 10:50 PM

I agree with you on Gus and Dabo

I probably agree with you on DC

BUT LOL at OC ..... their roots come from Gus .....Jury's still out on Chip. With his previous stops
and watching his play calling .... I think we're about to see a perfect marriage with Chip at OC and Stidham at QB.

And let me tell you .... A once in a lifetime QB can make an OC look really good Watson for your OCs and Newton for Gus.

I think we edge y'all in talent ... not by much .... but close like the Rivals.com article suggested we avg 7th and yawl 11th.
The difference last year was at QB

The difference this year will be QB and I think we edge yawl this year.
If you disagree with a QB that has only thrown 9 passes .... I'd say you might have Clemson colored glasses

all fun, will know after week 2

Aug 17, 2017, 11:09 PM

Congrats on your season last year. Pleas beat Bama so feinbaum will be ever more confused.

Aug 18, 2017, 8:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Official Auburn Thread ... Auburn Info??? Ask away ]

Listen, it's not even close at DC trust me. It will take awhile for Steele to drive you in the ground but give him time it will happen.

I'm not so sure at OC. Our guys have been to to 2 national championship games and won one in their only 2 years on the job while your guy was coaching coaching up ASU. Yes we had Deshaun, but look back before Deshaun. We were winning 10 games with Tajh and whooping Oklahomas ### with.... Cole Stoudt.

I think we have equal or better talent, better coaching, and the game is at our place which is why Vegas has us as the favorite.

Aug 18, 2017, 8:12 AM

Exactly! This guy keeps saying our OC were only good because of DW4 Yet he is either too much a homer or just plain stupid to realize what they did with Cole against OK. I only hope Steele and the D take our OC and Offense as lightly...

Aug 18, 2017, 2:29 PM

I can't help you if you think Watson didn't make your coaches look good.

Let's talk after the season.

Aug 17, 2017, 10:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Official Auburn Thread ... Auburn Info??? Ask away ]

I've never seen a team be more QB dependent than AU. When we have a good QB .... We're in the NC hunt
Newton ... Marshall .... Campbell in 2004.

When we don't .... we suck or are avg at best.

We have a great QB .... and honestly .... we feel good about Sean White ... now that he's healthy and put on another solid 15 lbs. IF Stidham gets hurt for a game or two .... you're confident that White can get it done.
He did go on a 7-1 streak while healthy last year.

Aug 17, 2017, 11:11 PM

That's great that you feel confident in your team. However, Clemson has paid it's dues and just gotten a better HC and coordinators. Venables over Steele all day long. Dabo over Gus all day long, goes for the OC's as well. Just for the record, our " offensive roots " don't come from Gus. Maybe back in the Chad days, but Dabo has publicly said that we don't run the Morris offense, we run the Clemson offense.
I don't know what your intentions are coming over to the National Champs FB board and talking about your conference, your qb, or much ( anticipated ) improved team.

As far as you all coming to the Valley and beating The Champs at night, I wouldn't your breath. Honestly man, it's just going to be very difficult to throw a forward pass while this D Line and Elite LB core has the qb on the ground and stufffing the run. You do realize that Clemson has the best ( battle tested ) DL in the country? No luck for you all in the valley this year.

Message was edited by: ATech®

Aug 18, 2017, 6:05 PM

You obviously didn't read my original post. I didn't come here to talk smack. Only 3 people have smacked ... & I gave it right back.

I know your DL is the best. I'm telling you this OL will be the best you'll face all year. By far. I assure you will have passing #s.

Aug 18, 2017, 6:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Official Auburn Thread ... Auburn Info??? Ask away ]

The only reason any recruiting site would have you ranked over us is purely because of numbers. We take small classes with elite talent, that rarely equates to top 5 classes. However, if you look at the average star ranking, we should be top 5 every year. With that being said, you don't have more talent.

We've lost two games at home since 2011. One to a team that won a national championship and one where the head official was a USCeast alum and the team had no penalties in the second half and had to kick a long field goal to beat us by 1 point.

For any fan of any team to feel good about coming into Death Valley and beating us is just laughable.

Also, to you and any other opposing fan base who thinks we are going to take a big step back because we lost Watson must not have paid attention before 2015 to our program. See the difference in our programs is that when we get terrible QB play, ala 2014 with Stout, we still win 10 games. The problem for you is that Clemson has way more skill talent and every QB on our roster is better than stout was in 2014. I'd honestly like you to go back the last 2-3 years and find any team that's recruited the QB position better than clemson.

It's nice that you believe in your team, but you should be worried. very worried.

One thing to say... one southerner to another

Aug 18, 2017, 12:09 AM

Oh, bless your heart.

Welcome to Death Valley... then head back to Deaf Valley and tell them what you saw here. A good game with nice people who didn't rub it in your face unless you asked for it.

We welcome any chance to prove our worth against any in your conference, then it'll give our ringing hears a moment of peace from Finebaum.

You won't be the first to say you'd return to the board post game, but you definitely won't be the last.

Thanks for at least identifying your Auburn fandom and have a nice day

I hope you enjoy your visit to Clemson..

Aug 18, 2017, 6:38 AM

I expect it will be a good game. It's obvious that I expect Clemson to win. Over the last 6 years I have learned not to doubt them.

I expect you to feel the same about your team.

Go Tigers!

Replies: 187
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic