Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The current and future streak with SC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

The current and future streak with SC

Aug 17, 2017, 11:09 AM

We stand at 3 right now and have talent up and down the roster. The receivers are incredible. The running backs will prove that they can pick up where Gallman left off- in time. The offensive line is strong and I think we are now bringing in the talent to keep it going. Under Brent Venables I don't think we have to worry about a big drop off anytime soon. The DL is unreal. We bring in Xavier Thomas, Mascoll, Belk, Jeffries, Mike Jones, and Jake Venables to continue a strong front 7 in 2018 and look to add to that. We need to add another couple of receivers and a running back however. To top off the next class we add stud QB Trevor Lawrence. I can't wait to see the QB battle when he arrives.

Now, to my point. I told a SC fan the other day that if they want to prevent us from trumping their 5 game streak that they better get us this year in Columbia. I don't think they stand a very good chance of closing the 56-7 gap- especially with our defense. I'm sure little Jake "they really weren't that much better than us, just a bad night" Bentley will be running from his life.

Curious to everyone's opinion on how long a streak we will have against the coots provided that we do take care of business this November.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The current and future streak with SC

Aug 17, 2017, 11:13 AM

Yeah this is probably our best bet this year. But our OL and Defense probably won't be good enough.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Probably !?!?!?!

Aug 17, 2017, 11:15 AM

LOL...bless your heart !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Aug 17, 2017, 12:06 PM [ in reply to Re: The current and future streak with SC ]

or your QB who can't score above 7 points against any team ranked above #95 in defense, eh??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

$CU doesn't have the talent or the coaching...

Aug 17, 2017, 11:14 AM

to play with Clemson and that gap isn't closing any time in the foreseeable future.

Bentley is a mediocre QB who, on his best day, would have trouble making the three deep at Clemson.

On that basis, the Clemson consecutive win streak could realistically extend to seven or eight years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: $CU doesn't have the talent or the coaching...

Aug 18, 2017, 2:30 PM

They've beaten us with mediocre QB's before ( Toad Ellis ) .

Bentley is what I refer to as " Minimally Exceptional " . He's not really great at any one particular thing , leaving the suspicion that he may be only better than the next best guy they have .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Don't see them winning this year regardless of if our team isn't as experienced offensively as last year. They're going to suck. The SEC is so quarterback weak Bentley is considered to be a good qb. He was awful every time he played anyone with a defensive pulse last year.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Recently USuC recruiting has started to go towards an upside having the interest in a couple of higher end 4 stars. This is clearly swaying their judgement and they tend to have the utmost faith in Bentley to lead. I'd be shocked if this year isn't a repeat of last years dominance.

According to FGF

Aug 17, 2017, 11:19 AM

the coots win this year because we lost Watson and they have Watson II Bentley

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doesn't even matter if Bentley is any good

Aug 18, 2017, 2:20 PM

He won't be playing by the time our game rolls around with that OLine

The streak could easily get to 10 straight.***

Aug 17, 2017, 11:29 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

After coaching turnover at Scar it will get worse

Aug 17, 2017, 11:56 AM

Mouth Carolina will get 4 wins this year, maybe 5 if Florida is as bad as I think they will be. UMC will have to either fire him or enter 2018 with Musmouth on the hot seat. Either way it will effect recruiting for the following year. If they wait to fire him after 2018, the 2019 class will suffer from the turnover. All of that on top of the annual decootments they suffer every December through February.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Re: After coaching turnover at Scar it will get worse

Aug 18, 2017, 11:47 AM

They can't afford to fire him after only two seasons. That sends a message to all potential candidates that they're not willing to wait on a coach to build his program. No coach would be willing to go to a place like that especially when the schools hasn't had very much success in their history.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

If they don't get us this season it could get real ugly!

Aug 17, 2017, 3:23 PM

We're probably as vulnerable as we're going to get for the next several years, just because of some uncertainty as to which really talented QB is going to be taking snaps.

SCAR has us at home with a QB who has never faced them before. For that reason, they at least have to think they have a glimmer of hope.

This is the year that SCAR has to break the streak ... or ... it could stretch out for quite a long time.

Unfortunately for them, by November, our rookie QB (whoever he turns out to be) will be a veteran.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and their QB may be in a body cast.***

Aug 17, 2017, 3:55 PM

Re: If they don't get us this season it could get real ugly!

Aug 17, 2017, 4:01 PM [ in reply to If they don't get us this season it could get real ugly! ]

If they don't get it done this year (and they won't) they will be on 4 straight looking at three years of Trevor Lawrence's eligibility.

Re: If they don't get us this season it could get real ugly!

Aug 17, 2017, 4:25 PM

By the time game #12 rolls around, we will have an experienced quarterback. Bentover will still be bentover.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Had a delusional chicken fan @ work

Aug 17, 2017, 4:32 PM

Say that they will win 8 games including against us...

My reaction?.... see emoji.....

??????

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably because he heard that ###### walt say they would

Aug 17, 2017, 7:43 PM

Walt said, and I quote "the winner of the ncst / sc game wins AT LEAST 8 games."

Re: Probably because he heard that ###### walt say they would

Aug 18, 2017, 12:37 PM

The winner of the ncst uscjr game will win 8 games, but it won't be uscjr. Fake Bentley is going to get a rude awakening right out of the box this year. His daddy won't be able to protect him this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2017, 1:07 PM

If you look at only talent and coaching, the win streak over USC should go on for a good while.
Problem is, the best team does not always win this series, or any game for that matter!

Pittsburgh game last year. We were a vastly superior team and went on to win the championship. We did not come to play, and they did. We lost!

In 2016 Auburn, TROY, Louisville, NC State and Florida State all had a good chance to beat us. Some of the games were lost by the other team as opposed to us winning the game.

2015 Clemson/Carolina game. Again we were the much better team and went on to play for the championship. Carolina came to play and we were looking ahead. Almost got away from us, we only won by 5.

Every team has scholarship players that want to win, as well as coaches and fans. The right combination of attitudes, atmosphere, luck, injuries, weather, and schedule can cause any team to stumble.

Every game has to be played to see the results. If it was simple to predict the outcome of games and scores, there would be a lot of rich people. After 50 years of watching football rankings, predictions and outcomes, I can tell you that there is no one that is very good at it.
It is a game. If we knew the ending, we would not watch them.

In my opinion, we have much better coaching staff and players that South Carolina. We still have to play the game, and he outcome is never set in stone.

Never crow too loud, for times they do change. Ask any Carolina fan.

Aug 18, 2017, 2:25 PM

When they look across the field at Clemson, they all get streaks .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic