Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What a difference 10-15 years make
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1,980

What a difference 10-15 years make

Aug 16, 2017, 10:47 AM

If you would have told me back then that we would have two 4 star(Crowder, Pollard) and a 5 star (Hyatt) starting on OL, I would have thought everyone here would been thinking no team could stop us.

In addition to that line, if you told me that our RBs consisted of all 4 stars (Fuller,Feaster,Choice,Etienne), people on Tigernet would be posting how we on going to run over everybody we play.

On top of the OL and WRs, if you said our starting recievers consisted of 4 star (Richard) at TE, 4 star (Cain) 5 star (McCloud) and walk on/Bama killer (Renfrow) starting at WR, with five more 4 star receivers (Chase,Thompson,Overton,Higgins,Rodgers) backing them up, everyone's mind would have been blowing up.

And on top of all of that, if you said that our QBs were #1 high school QB (Johnson), one that holds all passing records in Florida history (Israel), and three other 4 stars (Bryant,Cooper,Brice), every single person on this board would have been predicting that our offense would be the best in school history.

Saw a post from earlier this morning "Becoming clear that Offense will be a problem @ start of YR". Wow have things changed drastically hasn't it?

I know recruiting stars don't put points on the board. Just ask Alabama about Renfrow. I just think it's funny how some are freaking out about our offense now as compared to how optimistic they would have been 10 years ago. You can say standard of expectation has been raised.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember the excitment over the 2002 recruitng class.

Aug 16, 2017, 12:12 PM

Because we signed three 4 star recruits. That class had Tiger nation jacked with Kelvin Grant, Justin Miller, Brandon Cannon, Tymere Zimmerman, Jeff Francour, Anthony Waters and Will Proctor.

Turned out to be a really good class with 2 stars Gaines Adams and Duane Coleman emerging as well.

But it would be considered a bit disappointing today..only 3 four star recruits.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Replies: 1
| visibility 1,980
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic