Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
One less receiver!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

One less receiver!

Aug 16, 2017, 8:30 AM

For ALLBARN!
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20351695/john-franklin-iii-transfer-auburn-ti

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They have had 10 players leave their program

Aug 16, 2017, 9:14 AM

Since the end of last season

Re: They have had 10 players leave their program

Aug 16, 2017, 9:16 AM

Had to make room for incoming transfers...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LSU has had about the same if not more

Aug 16, 2017, 9:50 AM [ in reply to They have had 10 players leave their program ]

some of them were elite talents that we were going after.

Re: LSU has had about the same if not more

Aug 16, 2017, 11:38 AM

I hate seeing these kids getting jerked around by the likes of Awburn, Bama, and the rest of the $ECheat schools. If a kid commits to you and keeps his nose clean....Then that school should commit to the kid. Now, I know some of these kids transfer for playing time. However, some if the kids are asked to leave to make their scholly available for another kid. Thanks Dabo for being who you are.

True but Dabo wouldn't have taken this clown to begin with

Aug 16, 2017, 11:48 AM

J. Franklin was lucky to spend 5 minutes at Auburn.

Aug 16, 2017, 4:52 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU has had about the same if not more ]

That fact is , that our coaches develope young men to be great men. These SEC schools try to cheat the system by over-recruiting and end up cheating the young men that believe their SEC BS . These schools don't develope anything but hype and mugshots!
Thank God we have a coach that doesn't follow that line of crap amd and stays true to what he believes!
Go TIGERS!

#ALLIN
#WE2DEEP

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 16, 2017, 5:42 PM

I'll have to disagree. We are actually under the 85 Limit right now. We do not over sign ... maybe you're thinking of Bama? Even they seemed to have simmered down in the over signing thing here lately.

Our guys have also stayed out of trouble under Gus. In 4 years (going into his 5th) he's only had 1 player not qualify. Previously with Chizik we had 4-5 each year not make it in ... also had bad problems with discipline. We, as fans, have been very happy with the type of character guys we've had on our team. I think he went out on a limb once with that 5* WR we had in 15 ... he was a "Me first" kind of guy. Gus ended up kicking him off.

It's been a pretty clean program under Gus.

Aug 16, 2017, 10:24 PM

Sorry, if your school is signing 25, 27, 24, 30, and 21 players over the past 5 years they are processing players. It's great that your under the 85 right now (all teams have to be before the season starts). But let's call a spade a spade, the sec is known for signing full classes every year and running people off.

If a kid wants to sign there so be it, but he shouldn't be fooled into believing it's a "family atmosphere" and the coaches care about graduation and player development. Because if coaches cared about that stuff they'd be developing players rather than devoting their resources to finding new ones.

This is gluttony at its finest. Shiny new toy syndrome. it's fine with me, because the type of athelete we want usually sees through the BS. It sucks for the kids who wind up getting played at other institutions. The TVs and Radios across the southeast have brainwashed these kids into thinking it's SEC or bust. You better hope that propaganda train can keep these kids eating from your hand, because if it ever changes, this sort of nonsense will likely cause you to miss on more and more top atheletes. Then again maybe I've misread things, maybe kids are happy being in free agency every year rather than having a football home. I doubt it, but maybe.

Prime example = (Savion smith). Would have love to have had him at clemson, he would have graduated from clemson. Now he's having to be a mercenary college player.

Aug 16, 2017, 11:04 PM

Those numbers you listed avg 25/year which is spot on. No one is fooling Players at AU LOL. I've lived in Auburn for 4 years, traveled the world, & would still say AU is one of my favorite places. School pride aside, it's the people at AU that are awesome. It truly is a family atmosphere ... not just a pitch for football players. Everyone sees it.

We've never had an overdosing problem... never had to push someone out in order to open up a spot.
He'll, we give at least 1-2 schollys to walk ons each year. That's not something you can afford to do if you're over signing. Maybe you were thinking of a different school?

Aug 16, 2017, 11:22 PM

I think Auburn is more known for taking transfers with questionable pasts. But everybody deserves a second (or third or fourth) chance, right?

Everyone just expects Auburn to get the kicked out kids that are gonna come and play for one year and then go pro or never be heard from again.

Aug 17, 2017, 10:22 AM

So 2?
Cam Newton & Nick Marshall.

Stidham is about as nice as a kid you'll ever meet.
He's not really a JUCO guy though. Left Baylor when Art was fired, sit out a year (trained with NFL QB gurus) now is at Auburn.

JF3 was recruited for Depth because we had 0 behind White. He wasnt in trouble, left FSU on his own ... 4.0 student etc.

One & done ... No one knew how good Newton would be .... he's the only one who would be a one & done.

I sure hope Stidham is a one & done, because it means we had an awesome year. Honestly I hope we have him longer, but if we keep him 2 years, I'll be ecstatic!

Little bit of insider info that no one believes ... we lead for Justin Fields. Everyone thinks it's UGA & FSU with AU 3rd.
AU leads, UGA is battling & FSU is 3rd.
He'll commit late Sept or early Oct.

Aug 17, 2017, 10:32 AM [ in reply to Re: LSU has had about the same if not more ]

Also Savion Smith transferred due to personal & family reasons.... what are you getting at with this?

His choice, not LSU.

Aug 16, 2017, 3:33 PM [ in reply to LSU has had about the same if not more ]

As I said a second ago ... no one on our 2 deep.
Feel free to ask about anyone specific

Probably due to the SEC practice of oversigning by about 10

Aug 16, 2017, 1:02 PM [ in reply to They have had 10 players leave their program ]

every year, seems like.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't want to compete

Aug 16, 2017, 11:59 AM

SEC level was too high
Auburn didn't want him anyway
Wasn't what Malzahn had in mind when he hired...uhhh...recruited him .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: One less receiver!

Aug 16, 2017, 3:31 PM

Auburn Fan here ... was looking for a Clemson board to hopefully have some fun with leading up to our game!

I'll post more later and feel free to ask questions!

I did notice this thread & wanted to point out a couple of things. The JF3 experiment was a failure, obviously. The guy could fly, but he avoided contact & couldn't throw accurately. With the emergence of Malik Wills, he was going into the season as 4th team QB, so he moved to WR. He couldn't crack the 2 deep there, so his only chance to contribute was PR & KOR, he was 2nd team KOR & didn't work out at PR (see avoids contact)

So he graduated a few days ago & we hope he can find PT at FAU as a WR.

As far as losing 10 players ... We haven't lost anyone who would've been on our 2 deep at any position.

I look forward to checking back!
I've got some questions of my own.

What you know about 2 deep? ??***

Aug 16, 2017, 4:56 PM

Aug 16, 2017, 10:32 PM [ in reply to Re: One less receiver! ]

Why is that acceptable? So as long as they make 2 deep, cool, otherwise peace out! Pretty terrible if you ask me. Plenty of players actually develop and become decent contributors to a team. Shouldn't a team that recruited a guy and signed him at least ensure that he has the ability to get his degree without being run off? It's not the players fault that the coach makes a mistake in evaluation.

It encourages institutions to oversign, And cut players who aren't quite as athletic. Good thing the players think it's not going to happen to them. Bad that institutions think it's ok.

Aug 16, 2017, 11:15 PM

LOL
Hey again. Why are you so mad?

So you think Auburn pushed JF3 out the door?!?!?

Negative ghost rider. It was his choice to move to WR, after being behind Sean White & now Stidham.
HE saw that he wasn't going to crack the 2 deep ...meaning you might get 1-3 snaps a game.

So HE decided to step down to FAU ... now he might get 10+ touches ...

Auburn didn't push him out. Actually tried to talk him into staying.

So, actually ... you just had it wrong. On the oversigning thing & the Misevaluation.
He was one of the fastest guys on the team.
Might could've helped with reverses & trick plays.
Ask him, he'll tell you he loved his time in Auburn. Great kid!

Hey, we don't run guys off if they are in

Aug 16, 2017, 11:18 PM [ in reply to Re: One less receiver! ]

2 deep. That's sounds horrible on multiple levels. Signing someone to a scholly and honoring it if they perform in school even if they don't make the two deep is expected. I'd say judging on the number you have stay in the lower level is an accurate measure of your commitment to a student athlete. Not saying this situation is that as there are some who pursue playing time but many times roster spots are opened by forcing kids that haven't panned out off the roster.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey, we don't run guys off if they are in

Aug 17, 2017, 11:13 AM

I totally agree with you. Just pointing out that Gus hasn't done that. He's never cut anyone due to performance.

As an Auburn fan, we like to pick at Alabama ... they use to be notorious for this ... but have somewhat cooled as national media caught on to them.

One less receiver!...

Aug 16, 2017, 4:54 PM

On the bench. The guy wasn't going to see the field.

I wonder if he has any regrets? lol

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic