Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jeff Scott calls out negative recruiters.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 78
| visibility 1

Jeff Scott calls out negative recruiters.

Aug 15, 2017, 8:02 PM

https://twitter.com/coach_jeffscott/status/897516558506962945

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would love for them to actually be called out by name.

Aug 15, 2017, 8:15 PM

When a recruit states so and so said this. Put them on blast.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That'll happen just after B-Meist shows a list of TDer's***

Aug 16, 2017, 9:20 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jeff Scott calls out negative recruiters.

Aug 15, 2017, 8:17 PM

Tahj Boyd basically said that he would have been more prepared for NFL if he played in pro system in college. I wonder if Scott had him in mind among others.

Are you still upset that Jake Bentley was shooting blanks against us last year?***

Aug 15, 2017, 8:24 PM

Aug 15, 2017, 8:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Jeff Scott calls out negative recruiters. ]

I see you are prepping your offspring to be ready. Just watched them running around inside a tub at Tractor Supply. Pecking dirt.

Aug 15, 2017, 8:47 PM

Yep, that is where they leave all their little babies at, yes sir, baby coots all up in the tractor supply store. I bet they steal all that coot feed at night after the store is closed....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2017, 8:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Jeff Scott calls out negative recruiters. ]

Yes, it's a shame that he was forced at gun point to attend Clemson and essentially tie his hands behind his back with a spread system. It's really not fair. Nobody would let him transfer or pursue his dreams.

Aug 15, 2017, 8:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Jeff Scott calls out negative recruiters. ]

He'd have been more prepared for the NFL if he didn't always go into "deer in headlights" mode when he faced adversity....or run backwards 15 yards to throw a lateral interception with no players of his team in the area. He's a product of his own mistakes...not the system he played in.

Aug 15, 2017, 8:56 PM

Boyd was a great QB and doesn't get credit he deserves. In my opinion, he was better in short yardage situations running the ball on 3rd and 4th downs than Watson.

Any QB going to have deer in headlights if the O-line isn't holding up. It is a team sport.

Aug 15, 2017, 8:58 PM

Plus our defense wasn't very good in the Boyd years. Can't blame Boyd for the 70 that West Virginia scored.

Aug 15, 2017, 9:10 PM

This had nothing to do with offensive line nor defense:

Aug 15, 2017, 9:30 PM

One bad play doesn't mean anything. You are hypercritical. Boyd set a lot of ACC records as QB.

Sure Boyd made a few bad plays, but he was a hell of a QB

Aug 15, 2017, 9:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Jeff Scott calls out negative recruiters. ]

and gets too much criticism for not beating the Coots. If we had him this year we might be the favorite to repeat as national champs. 2nd best QB in Clemson history by a pretty wide margin.

Re: Sure Boyd made a few bad plays, but he was a hell of a QB

Aug 15, 2017, 9:33 PM

I think he wins against SC his last year if Humphries did not have those two turnovers on special teams and Chad Morris didn't have Sammy Watkins throw the ball early in the game, which got intercepted.

Aug 15, 2017, 10:03 PM [ in reply to Sure Boyd made a few bad plays, but he was a hell of a QB ]

Tajh was very good but no way is he the 2nd best QB in Clemson history. Couldn't win enough big games.

Aug 15, 2017, 10:05 PM

Boyd beat LSU, Ohio State, FSU, UGA, Auburn twice, and Virginia Tech twice in a year VT went to a BCS bowl.

Those 7 wins are among the best in Clemson history.

(cough, cough) though let's not forget that he threw

Aug 15, 2017, 10:15 PM

what could easily have been a game-changing interception against Ohio State, in spite of getting a completely different play from the sidelines. still, yeah, he was a great qb.

get a clue, he won a ton of big games...

Aug 15, 2017, 10:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Sure Boyd made a few bad plays, but he was a hell of a QB ]

not too mention our first Orange Bowl victory in 32 years. If you hate on Tajh, you just aren't a Clemson fan.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol he couldn't win big games?

Aug 15, 2017, 10:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Sure Boyd made a few bad plays, but he was a hell of a QB ]

here's a few in since you seem to have forgotten:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxyjMKIsrlA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h8CpsRI__g&t=32s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1orNn8PPj60

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4yrRRI5-uY&t

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_v1YLhB2aE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5oE2ObQmmM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uycNN5kFt1g

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Aug 16, 2017, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Sure Boyd made a few bad plays, but he was a hell of a QB ]

Tigers and Cubs; absolutely!
Easy on Tahj guys....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, the WIDE margin is between Fuller at 2 and Boyd at 3 or

Aug 16, 2017, 12:15 PM [ in reply to Sure Boyd made a few bad plays, but he was a hell of a QB ]

4...Boyd was NOT the best QB in CU history before DW played for us...He just played in the right era

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this is all I have to say about that....

Aug 15, 2017, 9:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Jeff Scott calls out negative recruiters. ]

https://youtu.be/Z7LT3mYxz-8

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Aug 15, 2017, 10:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Jeff Scott calls out negative recruiters. ]

You haten much

He had 3 of our 4 TOs that game, are you saying that was NOT

Aug 15, 2017, 9:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Jeff Scott calls out negative recruiters. ]

a contributing factor?

Re: He had 3 of our 4 TOs that game, are you saying that was NOT

Aug 15, 2017, 9:31 PM

What do you gain by beating up a QB that hasn't played at Clemson in 3 years.

link to where I beat him up?***

Aug 15, 2017, 10:58 PM

Re: link to where I beat him up?***

Aug 15, 2017, 11:03 PM

You were whining about bad plays by Boyd from years ago. Get over it.

You're the one who brought up the WVU game crybaby, not ME..

Aug 16, 2017, 2:32 AM

I merely pointed out that his 3 TO's were a contributing factor after you whined that he was blameless...Try to keep up.

Re: You're the one who brought up the WVU game crybaby, not ME..

Aug 16, 2017, 8:58 AM

WVU scored 70 points. The offense scored 30 plus. Kind of hard to blame Boyd but you are obviously eager to do so. I'm not saying he played a perfect game.

So you don't think the 3 TO's, 2 of which were on

Aug 16, 2017, 12:11 PM

consecutive plays that led to scores that put the game out of reach, didn't contribute to us giving up 70 points? Is that what you are saying?

Re: So you don't think the 3 TO's, 2 of which were on

Aug 16, 2017, 1:57 PM

or maybe the just before halftime score that...oh crap, was a fumble by Ellington, now going the other way. Where's the guy covering??? crap....TD WVU.

Yeah, that was on our defense while our offense was piled up in the endzone getting deflated by what they thought was a score to go into the lead. Bet that had no effect on the team morale in the locker room seconds later. I forgot how that works.....boo defense. Bad move there not coming off the benches to tackle their defensive guy running 100 yards the other way with the ball. ^_^

Re: So you don't think the 3 TO's, 2 of which were on

Aug 17, 2017, 12:42 AM

> or maybe the just before halftime score that...oh
> crap, was a fumble by Ellington, now going the other
> way. Where's the guy covering??? crap....TD WVU.
>
> Yeah, that was on our defense while our offense was
> piled up in the endzone getting deflated by what they
> thought was a score to go into the lead. Bet that
> had no effect on the team morale in the locker room
> seconds later. I forgot how that works.....boo
> defense. Bad move there not coming off the benches
> to tackle their defensive guy running 100 yards the
> other way with the ball. ^_^

Nothing you have said refutes my point that Boyd played with less talented O-line and less talented defense in his 3 years compared to Watson. You aren't including the examples where Boyd's good play helped Clemson win the game despite the defense giving up a lot of points, like against NCSU at home one year. NCSU had like 50 points at Clemson and Clemson won.

Aug 15, 2017, 11:07 PM [ in reply to link to where I beat him up?*** ]

What is funny to me is Watson made some bad plays this past season but nobody ever mentions them. He threw a pick 6 in the NCSU game which almost lost the game. Against Pitt he threw a late interception in the end zone. He had turnovers against Lville that let them come back. He wasn't sensational against Auburn, the defense basically won that game.

Plenty of people mentioned it, you weren't here to see it***

Aug 16, 2017, 2:26 AM

Aug 16, 2017, 1:37 PM [ in reply to Re: link to where I beat him up?*** ]

lol..guess you need to look back at some of my posts then. I've mentioned Watson's interception ratio quite a few times....but there is a key to that...name me one game, just one where Watson looked or was embarrased even remotely close to that FSU game Tajh was. Just one...3 years worth...name one.

Aug 16, 2017, 1:35 PM [ in reply to Re: He had 3 of our 4 TOs that game, are you saying that was NOT ]

Who is beating him up...I honestly loved Boyd...but he was a hot and cold QB. That is fact, and you are either blind or kidding yourself if you can't say that. It's not beating him up, it's being honest....that's not in any way saying he was not a good QB, it's seeing the flaws that are VERY big reason into why he couldn't cut t in the NFL, or CFL either to date.

Some days, he'd be electric and really good, made great reads, had focus...then some games he'd get in a rut, and like it's termed in The Replacements, he'd get in quick sand. You'd consistently see him on the sidelines with this blank look on his face, and he'd never pull himself out of it. That was just part of his demeanor. That's what made Watson so special...he could shake things off, not let the last play affect him...Boyd though couldn't many times. Any honest fan that watched him play and rooted for him knows that.

Aug 17, 2017, 1:06 AM

> Who is beating him up...I honestly loved Boyd...but
> he was a hot and cold QB. That is fact, and you are
> either blind or kidding yourself if you can't say
> that. It's not beating him up, it's being
> honest....that's not in any way saying he was not a
> good QB, it's seeing the flaws that are VERY big
> reason into why he couldn't cut t in the NFL, or CFL
> either to date.
>
> Some days, he'd be electric and really good, made
> great reads, had focus...then some games he'd get in
> a rut, and like it's termed in The Replacements, he'd
> get in quick sand. You'd consistently see him on the
> sidelines with this blank look on his face, and he'd
> never pull himself out of it. That was just part of
> his demeanor. That's what made Watson so
> special...he could shake things off, not let the last
> play affect him...Boyd though couldn't many times.
> Any honest fan that watched him play and rooted for
> r him knows that.

I love how you act like you are an expert on being a quarterback and then spend your time posting about facial expressions. I wouldn't say Watson was an expressive person either. Boyd won a lot of tough games, UGA, LSU, OSU, Auburn twice, FSU, Va Tech twice, etc. What was his facial expressions like in those games. Pretty sure it was the same as the losses.

You and others are so focused on the 3 SC losses and the two FSU games that Boyd's teams lost.

You are beating him up in the sense that if Boyd says that he might have been better prepared for the NFL if he played in a pro system, you dismiss that as though Boyd's opinion doesn't matter, and it was he isn't good enough for NFL. You willing to throw the guy under the bus if he says something that doesn't fit your narrative.

I think that it may be true that for Boyd specifically, playing in a pro style system *may* have helped him do better in the NFL. Boyd doesn't have Watson's quickness and agility which does give Watson an advantage for NFL.

The reason Watson was able to recover from mistakes with exception of Pitt game is the defense would rise to the occasion when the offense was struggling.

Moreover, Boyd played behind a much worse O-line than Watson did.

Aug 17, 2017, 1:21 AM

Also meant to say:

Boyd went up against probably the best SC teams of all time, and 2 of those were at SC including Boyd's first season as QB.

Meanwhile, Watson got a SC program on the decline, and played SC twice at home, including his first season.

Also, Boyd beat FSU in his first game against them. The 2nd year, Clemson played FSU tough at FSU with Boyd, and a 4th quarter special teams play or touchdown by FSU ended up putting it out of reach.

The 3rd Boyd year, FSU was stacked on offense and defense and had Jameis Winston, and won the national title that year.

Watson went 2-1 against FSU, and the two wins were games that could have gone either way on one play, and FSU wasn't as good as the Boyd years.

Cry me a river coot. 56-7 lol!!!!!!***

Aug 15, 2017, 11:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Jeff Scott calls out negative recruiters. ]

Aug 15, 2017, 10:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Jeff Scott calls out negative recruiters. ]

That's a bull s hit post

Aug 15, 2017, 8:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Jeff Scott calls out negative recruiters. ]

Just look around in the NFL at the Clemson players, coot. How many players were drafted out of the chicken coop last year, or the year before. D Byrd said he only lost to Clemson once, and he is still losing I hear!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2017, 8:55 PM

Interesting how reporting something that Boyd said is evidence that I am a 'coot'.

You most likely did not attend Clemson and I did. I never heard any alumni refer to Gamecock fans as 'coots.

Aug 15, 2017, 9:13 PM

It's not my fault I didn't attend Clemson. It had something to do with having to have a high school diploma so it's their fault not mine.

If you've never heard a Clemson grad call them "coots"

Aug 15, 2017, 9:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Jeff Scott calls out negative recruiters. ]

it just means that you don't know many Clemson grads.

The terms "coots" and "taters" came to be 20 years ago. In those days, Tigernet and whatever the name of the gamecock site was were much friendlier places. The ribbing could occasionally get heated but it was mostly in good fun.

I assure you that some of the finest Clemson alumni who ever lived have had a good laugh calling our rivals "coots"

Re: If you've never heard a Clemson grad call them "coots"

Aug 15, 2017, 9:34 PM

I think the people who say that come across as rednecks. It sounds dumb.

Re: If you've never heard a Clemson grad call them "coots"

Aug 15, 2017, 11:50 PM

I think you are a white trash piece of #### so that is that.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

My undergrad and masters degrees are from Clemson.

Aug 15, 2017, 9:47 PM [ in reply to If you've never heard a Clemson grad call them "coots" ]

Today I was talking with my boss who received his doctorate from Clemson about how lame coots are.

Suck it, coot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: My undergrad and masters degrees are from Clemson.

Aug 15, 2017, 10:04 PM

> Today I was talking with my boss who received his
> doctorate from Clemson about how lame coots are.
>
> Suck it, coot.

Of course. There is no way to corroborate your assertion.

Re: My undergrad and masters degrees are from Clemson.

Aug 15, 2017, 10:32 PM

Can't we all just get along ...

To the Football Operations Center lobby and have another glance at that shiny National Championship Trophy ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

No way to corroborate huh?

Aug 16, 2017, 5:40 AM [ in reply to Re: My undergrad and masters degrees are from Clemson. ]

You're a coot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: No way to corroborate huh?

Aug 16, 2017, 7:26 AM

boom

Aug 16, 2017, 9:19 AM [ in reply to No way to corroborate huh? ]

>

>
>
>

>
> You're a coot.

It is funny you are bragging about having a college degree when you couldn't even understand my point.

My point is there is no way to corroborate that you talked to a Clemson PhD yesterday who said 'coot'. Posting a picture of a Clemson ring and a diploma doesn't prove you talked to a Clemson PhD who said 'coot'.

Aug 16, 2017, 10:12 AM

Holy hell you are full of ####.

You have never stepped foot inside a Clemson classroom.

You are a ###### troll and nothing more.

Aug 16, 2017, 10:18 AM

Says a guy who says 'coot' and accuses a person who has never insulted Clemson of not being a Clemson alumni or fan.

Aug 16, 2017, 10:27 AM

> accuses a person who
> has never insulted Clemson

Bull ####

Aug 15, 2017, 9:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Jeff Scott calls out negative recruiters. ]

DW4 looked pretty good to me during his debut. Has a nice contract to boot.

Aug 15, 2017, 10:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Jeff Scott calls out negative recruiters. ]

It is 6:04 , do you know where your chick's at ?

DB23

Aug 15, 2017, 11:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Jeff Scott calls out negative recruiters. ]

Hey look this pathetic #### fan is still pretending.

Aug 15, 2017, 8:34 PM

When a coach has to lie to get what they need, they are desperate!!!

Aug 15, 2017, 11:15 PM

This just screams UGA....

Aug 16, 2017, 12:30 PM

> This just screams UGA....

I agree, especially since there is a new HC there. They are butthurt over TL and are competing for RBs and OLs with us.

Hey Cootvegas

Aug 16, 2017, 8:16 AM
image.jpg(51.9 K)

Re: Hey Cootvegas

Aug 16, 2017, 8:56 AM

Seems like most of you only post on this forum to accuse people of being 'coots'. I'm basically the only one defending Boyd while the True Clemson fans dump on him, but I'm a coot. lol

Yes, it's very clear you are.

Aug 16, 2017, 9:47 AM

56-7

Aug 16, 2017, 10:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Hey Cootvegas ]
image.jpg(109.6 K)

Aug 16, 2017, 10:17 AM

I don't get the obsession with 'the coots'. It is one game on the schedule every year. You also don't have to hate SC. It is just a game.

The crazy premise on this forum is that if you think it is dumb to say 'coot', you must be a Gamecock. I also think calling Clemson fans 'taters' is dumb.

Clemson and SC are universities which are supposed to be about higher education. Calling people 'coots' or 'taters' doesn't seem consistent with higher education.

Aug 16, 2017, 2:09 PM

see if this helps:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clemson%E2%80%93South_Carolina_rivalry

"It is also the second-longest continuous rivalry in college football."

Aug 17, 2017, 12:45 AM

> see if this helps:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clemson%E2%80%93South_Ca
> rolina_rivalry
>
> "It is also the second-longest continuous rivalry in
> college football."

That doesn't meana your whole life has to revolve around the Clemson-SC game and it doesn't meant you have to accuse strangers of being a 'coot' if they say something you don't agree with on this forum.

What have I said that is pro-SC and anti-Clemson? Why would a SC person be trolling Clemson at this point.

It seems like you are just trying to get my attention and attention for yourself that you can't get by talking about the topic and Clemson sports in general.

You're not defending Boyd. You're using him

Aug 16, 2017, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Hey Cootvegas ]

to promote your own agenda.

Re: You're not defending Boyd. You're using him

Aug 16, 2017, 10:20 AM

Um, pointing out Boyd won a lot of big games is in fact defending Boyd. A True Clemson Fan such as yourself asserted Boyd never won any big games.

Aug 16, 2017, 10:26 AM

You arent as smart as you think you are loser.

You brought up Boyd for one reason and one reason only to go after Jeff Scott.

You are not fooling anyone you pathetic little #### lover.

Aug 16, 2017, 10:30 AM

> You arent as smart as you think you are loser.
>
> You brought up Boyd for one reason and one reason
> only to go after Jeff Scott.
>
> You are not fooling anyone you pathetic little ####
> lover.

I wasn't going after Scott. I was wondering if he had Boyd at least partially in mind. I don't think Boyd was trying to slam Clemson.

He thinks it is possible that he might have done better in NFL if he played in 'pro style offense' in college.

One game? Not hardly. Bigger things for us.

Aug 16, 2017, 10:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Hey Cootvegas ]
image.jpg(82.1 K)

Re: One game? Not hardly. Bigger things for us.

Aug 16, 2017, 10:33 AM

Yeah, that is why your screenname is Cootsmacker, because you aren't obsessed with the one game against SC.

I'm not against trash talk about SC if it is response to something their coach or players say but randomly accusing people of being coots means you have a hate obsession of SC.

I have my handle to annoy trolls like you.

Aug 16, 2017, 10:43 AM

And my handle is not "coot smacker." Thought someone as educated as you claim to be would notice that. My handle is Cootsmackdown16. You seem to be slow so let me help you out here. It is a direct reference to the beat down your chickens received in 2016.

Re: I have my handle to annoy trolls like you.

Aug 16, 2017, 10:50 AM

So your screenname is based on one game against SC but you aren't obsessed with the 'coots'? lol

Re: I have my handle to annoy trolls like you.

Aug 16, 2017, 10:52 AM [ in reply to I have my handle to annoy trolls like you. ]

I'm waiting on you and the other hostile people to provide evidence that I'm a 'coot'.

I've posted on this forum about Clemson House coming down, the new business college building, and the amphitheater renovation currently underway, and other non-sport related Clemson topics that a 'coot' would have no interest in.

"Obsessed," says the coot on a Clemson board.

Aug 16, 2017, 12:30 PM [ in reply to I have my handle to annoy trolls like you. ]

I don't have an account on a gamecock site. You and the other chicken trolls who frequent our board have an account on a Clemson site. Who's obsessed. By the way, I'm also glad to see my handle is working.

Replies: 78
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic