Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Since we are obsessed with QB anticipation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Since we are obsessed with QB anticipation

Aug 13, 2017, 9:06 AM

Edit: Wanted to own up to being wrong with my assessment back before the season started. I’m as happy as anyone with how the season turned out, and KB has proven himself beyond a doubt. Bottom line is our offense can be tailored to fit his abilities and maximize potential. My outlook was 9-3, 10-2 with some luck. In retrospect KB was the only one who could’ve gotten us where we are. Hats off and Go Tigers!

Original post:
My money is on Cooper emerging as eventual starter. Seems to have the right combination of arm, wheels, playbook, and mental toughness. Quiet confidence is more appealing than contrived positive reinforcement.
Johnson will get some snaps, as will Bryant in designed packages. Look for Bryant to spend some time in the slot.
However it turns out, we will be fine as long as no one tries to become the next DW4.
Go Tigers!

Message was edited by: cofctigerincola®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Re: Since we are obsessed with QB anticipation

Aug 13, 2017, 9:12 AM

I agree I think cooper is the one. He will be the starter that probably starts a qtr into auburn. When Bryant can't hit passes

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2017, 9:28 AM

If Bryant starts against Auburn, I hope and trust it will be because he earned it. I will believe it when I see it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

My money is on Johnson, the highest rated QB recruit

Aug 13, 2017, 9:24 AM

in Clemson's history.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cooper seems to be ahead of Johnson at this point..

Aug 13, 2017, 11:57 AM

ZC outplayed HJ in the spring game, and the general consensus was that Cooper was the standout in yesterday's scrimmage. Still a few scrimmages left before the Kent State game, but my money is onKelly Bryant or Zerrick Cooper.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cooper seems to be ahead of Johnson at this point..

Aug 13, 2017, 1:24 PM

Just not sure how you can say anyone outplayed anyone else in the spring game. KB got the most reps with something of our offense but the other qb's really had too mixed of personnel to say they outperform anyone.

Per elliot the only one he singled out was overton. He said ZC had a good day as did HJ. And only the people that were there knows who was in and against who on D.

IMO I think HJ gives us the best chance to read the other teams D and make a play.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I honestly don't know how it's gonna shake out, but here's

Aug 13, 2017, 10:14 AM

my best guess: Bryant starts game one. He holds the starting position as long as we keep winning, but Johnson and Cooper both get meaningful reps while games are still on the line. In spite of glowing reviews early on, Chase Brice redshirts.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I honestly don't know how it's gonna shake out, but here's

Aug 13, 2017, 10:18 AM

I completely agree with your prediction. As long as we're winning, Kelly will keep his starting spot. If we lose a game, the
quarterback depth chart will change.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I honestly don't know how it's gonna shake out, but here's

Aug 13, 2017, 10:22 AM

Just answer one question:

Why go out and recruit all these 4 and 5 star studs at receiver and not give them the BEST chance to succeed with a QB who is strong-armed, accurate, and can open up the offense?

Maybe that QB isn't quite ready yet.***

Aug 13, 2017, 10:34 AM

Maybe that QB isn't quite ready yet.***

Aug 13, 2017, 10:34 AM [ in reply to Re: I honestly don't know how it's gonna shake out, but here's ]

The QB who gives us the best chance to win WILL play.

Aug 13, 2017, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Re: I honestly don't know how it's gonna shake out, but here's ]

You may disagree with who the coaches decide that is, but that's who is going to play. Why would they play anybody else?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Aug 13, 2017, 11:07 AM

It's fun to speculate, but how could any of us have an informed opinion since practices as well as the scrimmage was closed to the public. We can't entirely depend on coach speak either because they could be trying keep Auburn guessing.

yep, that Dabo is a sneaky one***

Aug 13, 2017, 12:08 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic