Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Michigan lands Class of 2019 5-star Chris Hinton from GA
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 5,193

Michigan lands Class of 2019 5-star Chris Hinton from GA

Aug 5, 2017, 10:32 PM

jeez

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Michigan lands Class of 2019 5-star Chris Hinton from GA

Aug 5, 2017, 10:34 PM

I really thought he was a Clemson lean.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2017, 10:39 PM

More than 2 years from signing day on that kid . Landing him is a bit of a lean ... I'd go with they got a very early commitment from a rising Georgia high school junior .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Harbaugh better not have his creepy sleepover in the winter or he'll lose that one.***

Aug 5, 2017, 10:46 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2017, 12:39 AM

Who in their right mind would go from Georgia to Michigan? Been once as a kid and have no interest in going again. Boring as hell. Doesn't look like snow makes it any more fun.

Aug 6, 2017, 10:10 PM

Whether we want to admit it or not, Michigan is an attractive place. The university is elite academically, it's the largest stadium in the country, and they have near-unlimited resources. Believe it or not, snow isn't a deal breaker for everyone. I actually disliked living in places that don't have snow. Aside from that, even though I think he's overrated, Harbaugh connects well with recruits.

Hopefully we can continue to work this guy. Still a long time until signing day.

Aug 6, 2017, 1:06 AM

How can he be a 2019 five star? I thought the 5 star wasn't awarded till their senior season? Something change?

Aug 6, 2017, 7:26 AM

Any kid who would leave the south to play in the big ten needs counseling!

Aug 6, 2017, 10:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Michigan lands Class of 2019 5-star Chris Hinton from GA ]

Depends on the recruiting service, I believe.

Aug 6, 2017, 11:45 AM

Not many coaches are like Dabo, maybe none. I am talking about talking recruits out of committing. This is why Clemson very rarely has a guy decommit. Dabo tries to talk guys out of committing and lets them know what a commitment means to him. A lot of other coaches pressure these guys to commit so they can get some pub out of it. There are way more coaches out there that worry about their record and social standing within football. This is how you get guys getting in trouble and not receiving any type of punishment, here's looking at you Saban. Not everyone is going to suspend their All Everything receiver for the first couple games even though the first game is against a bigtime program from the SEC like Dabo did. This is why Clemson may never have the #1 recruiting class because Dabo isn't going to recruit you because you're good at football. You better show moral judgement be a good citizen and want to learn academically. How many coaches do you know won't recruit an All World talent because the recruit uses bad words on their social media accounts? I bet not many if any. That's why Clemson very rarely gets a thug in their program and if one does slip through the cracks they usually don't make it long. I know most will believe this is a homer rant but how many times does it have to be proven before people believe it. I know Gamecock fans want to think Dabo as being fake but don't you think it would have came out before now that Dabo was fake. Even Chad Kelly last year was asked which coach has helped him the most and his answer was Dabo. That was even after being at Ole Miss for a year and a half. Dabo's saying of nurturing the heart not the talent has been shown time and time again. I am done with my rant now and I know I went off ###### but I don't know if this 5 star was on campus or not but if you look it up and he was I can almost guarantee you that he was pressured into committing that's why a lot of guys don't keep their commitment to some schools.

Aug 6, 2017, 12:22 PM

We have been to the last two national championship games without having a number 1 recruiting year.
The recruiting rankings are based solely on athletic potential. Dabo and staff recruit on character and attitude as well. If you have the number one recruiting class, you will lose some to grades and others to legal trouble. Discipline problems is not something that Clemson wants or needs.
Clemson tells the recruits upfront that they will have to earn a starting spot and if they are not interested in getting their degree and working hard, they need to go somewhere else.
The transition from high school to college ball is a hard one, and the best athlete in high school is not always the best athlete in college. Recruiting is an art and not a science. Clemson's staff seems to be very good at this art.
With all that being said, these are high school kids. We don't know their backgrounds are why they choose the schools they do. As much as I love Clemson, there are many legitimate reasons why someone would go somewhere else. If you think that Clemson is the only good choice for a player, you are incorrect. What the kid wants to major in, family in the area, childhood perceptions, relationships with other coaches & players and a myriad of other reasons will all come into play.
We have been getting the players we need, and will continue to since our staff does things the right way. If we lose a prospect, he did not need to come to Clemson. Good luck to him and wish him the best. It is not just the Clemson players that need to act like they have some class, the fans do as well.

Aug 6, 2017, 12:50 PM

3 star players with character don't win national titles. Expectations at Clemson now are the playoffs or nothing.

Aug 6, 2017, 8:31 PM

Apparently a mix of 5*s, 4*s, 3*s and no star walk ons just won the latest national championship!
As I said, we have been in the last two national championship games with the players that the Clemson staff recruited, and none of these recruiting classes have been the top ranked recruiting class. Trust the staff, they have proven that they know what they are doing.
The expectation at Clemson is to play hard, be competitive, give it your best, graduate and be a good person. They have excelled at this.
I have been a Clemson fan for a very long time. The expectation to be in the playoffs or nothing is unreasonable. Not even Alabama can live up to that. If you are a Clemson fan only as long as they make it to the playoffs, you are not a true fan, in my opinion. I love what Dabo has done for Clemson. I am as proud of the graduation success and lack of major discipline problems as I am of the Championship. Dabo has proven that you do not have to have a team full of 5* criminals that cannot get a degree to play competitive football. He has climbed the mountain with the recruits he has been able to get. Every time I see the video interviews of the football players talking respectfully and about doing things the right way, it makes me smile.
Don't get me wrong, I want the best football team we can get, but I am fully supportive of our staff making the decisions. Win, lose or draw, I will support our staff and team.

Replies: 12
| visibility 5,193
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic