Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OT: Does anyone have a recommendation about the type of
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,446

OT: Does anyone have a recommendation about the type of

Jul 16, 2017, 10:41 PM

loading ramp to purchase to drive my golf cart into the bed of my new Honda Ridgeline ? ...and any other suggestions on how to do all this the right way ? ...lol....first timer for this old timer

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't wait to hear the suggestions ......

Jul 16, 2017, 10:58 PM

....as a Golf Cart owner I have made all the mistakes!!!
...that is why I own a trailer :>)

Much Luck!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As Rusty says, a trailer may be the best way to go, especially if

Jul 16, 2017, 11:11 PM

you are going to be hauling it on a regular basis. You can get a 5x8 with dropdown ramp for $5-600. IF you go the ramp route, Tractor Supply has some pretty stout arched aluminum ones for $100 or so. Ramps are ok for occasional use, but a trailer would be better for regular use

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

don't even consider putting that into the bed of a ridgeline

Jul 17, 2017, 2:39 AM
DSCF4489.jpg(117.8 K)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: don't even consider putting that into the bed of a ridgeline

Jul 17, 2017, 7:17 AM

Best answer.+1

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

That is about the way i had pictured it ., i will just have

Jul 17, 2017, 10:46 AM [ in reply to don't even consider putting that into the bed of a ridgeline ]

to strap it in tight , i got a new 2017 Ridgeline, but i am sure the measurements are similar...Is that your ridgeline ?

Re: That is about the way i had pictured it ., i will just have

Jul 18, 2017, 12:54 AM

I would back up to the base of an incline, such as a small hill, for loading/unloading proposes. That would cut down on the angle of the ramp. Hard to tell from the pic but thinking that could get dicey. Hth

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is that your Ridgeline ? ...

Jul 17, 2017, 10:24 PM [ in reply to don't even consider putting that into the bed of a ridgeline ]

that is about the way i envisioned the placement ...thanks for the photo ..

It's the first image that comes up when...

Jul 17, 2017, 11:21 PM

you Google "ridgeline golf cart".

I think he was trying to point out how asinine it looks. Buy a trailer ya cheapo.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's the first image that comes up when...

Jul 17, 2017, 11:46 PM

i aint that cheap , After all , i just bought a hurricane deckboat and a ridgeline to pull it , and the bed on the ridgeline is wide enough to get the golf cart in , i just dont wanna mess around with pulling a trailer....

why are you insistant on having a female vehicle?

Jul 17, 2017, 11:43 PM

J/w

#1 Fan of Clemson Athletic Marketing Team

I wouldnt call it that ...

Jul 17, 2017, 11:47 PM

i dont need a heavy duty pickup for daily use , just one to occasionally pull my new boat and sometimes load the golf cart in for tailgates ...these new ridglines are really nice, and are a great tailgate trucks, the black edition has nice options , including hidden built in speakers in the bed, a nice trunk in the bed, and an outlet for a blender for tailgating....nice family pickup is what it is

Message was edited by: Lennon-McCartney®

Re: I wouldnt call it that ...

Jul 18, 2017, 7:55 AM

Trust me...there is a reason that the Ford F-150 is the best selling truck of all time, and one of the best selling vehicles of all time.

I highly recommend trailering.

Jul 18, 2017, 7:11 AM

Gas carts arent as bad but electric carts are pretty heavy. It looks like the back wheels of the cart are hanging off the tailgate (supported with wood plank of some kind.) This isn't very safe and adds a tremendous load to your tailgate.
Loading a cart up ramps is pretty risky too. Carts usually dont have the controllable low end torque that makes driving up a ramp smooth. Carts, even lifted ones, have a low clearance paired with a fairly long wheelbase. This creates the need to have a very shallow ramp angle when loading to prevent high centering.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good, solid explanation... +1.***

Jul 18, 2017, 7:24 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you sure that truck can even support the weight

Jul 18, 2017, 7:41 AM

Of a battery operated golf cart?

You are going to have to buy like a 9-12 foot ramp to reduce the angle. I have a 6 foot ramp to load my motorcycle on a trailr. When my neighbor used it to load his golf cart into the back of his chevy truck, we had to push it. The cart didn't have enough juice to make it up the incline.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Are you sure that truck can even support the weight

Jul 18, 2017, 10:02 PM

the truck bed can support 2,000 pounds..electric weighs just over one thousand and gas is just over nine hundred, so it should...

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,446
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic