Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well...
Hall of Fame - General Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 0
| visibility 1
   | View Original Thread |

Well...

Jul 11, 2017, 3:46 PM

I don't know how many of you saw Mumbette's son's obituary in the newspaper last week, but he died from an accidental drug overdose around noon on Sunday, July 2. (He was the Phish fan I mentioned awhile back.) He was only 30.

My son was living with him, but wasn't there that particular night, thank God. The really tough part about this is that he was very successful, an Area Comptroller with Republic Industries, and acquired his CPA upon graduation from Clemson; his sister was there that night, and she was the one who found him. Mumbette and I were coming come from a wedding in Birmingham, and received the call while going 80 mph on 285 in bumper-to-bumper traffic. That was definitely the worst two hours of car time I've ever had, with Mumbette alternately screaming-crying and frantically trying to reach his twin sister before she might hear it from someone else.

I had known that he used weed and alcohol regularly, and cocaine occasionally, based on what I heard from my son. He was recently separated from his wife, and they were in the process of getting a divorce and had sold their house. The sudden influx of cash may have precipitated the quick spiral of drug use that ensued. The grapevine has passed along the drugs he used during that preceding night included alcohol, weed, cocaine, snorted heroin, and Roxy's.

Mumbette has been devastated, as you might imagine. The funeral was this past Friday, and to top it all off, the entire week before and in the days just after the funeral, the daughter that found him wasn't coming home and was running with some of the crowd that brought this shid into the house in the first place. Consequently, Mumbette has not been able to relax enough to grieve normally for her dead son, and has been on pins and needles worrying about her safety.

We took her to the Charlotte airport last night to fly her to a rehab center in Florida that comes very highly recommended. Keep her in your thoughts and prayers only if you do it in earnest, because she needs a lot of help and I don't know if anything short of a miracle can get her head straightened out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Every man is my superior, in that I may learn something from him."

Replies: 0
| visibility 1
Hall of Fame - General Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next