Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bob Bradley
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,536

Bob Bradley

May 19, 2017, 3:12 PM

lightbulbbill's post re his big 76 and comments about Bob Bradley struck a memory button. When we (family) came to Clemson in 1955, Bob and Louise Bradley were one of our neighbors. The Bradley's had no children at that time. When Bob returned home each day, our two young daughters would run outside and Bob would play with them. One day, our oldest daughter, who was five at that time, came to my wife and asked, "when is that nice man coming home"? Bob was one of their favorite people as they grew. In the early 1960's, Dutch Shample was a member of the basketball team. Dutch was probably no more than 5' - 9", but an excellent player. My oldest daughter, now about 12 or 13, had a crush on Dutch. Bob and I thought we would have some fun. I arranged to take my daughter to Bob's office one day and Bob would arrange to have Dutch hiding in the next room. He would appear on cue. The plan worked to perfection. Dutch came in and hugged my daughter. She was so surprised, she could not utter one word.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dutch Shample ... over 50 years since I've heard his name!

May 19, 2017, 5:34 PM

When I was 8 or 9 years old, we had Choppy Patterson and a couple of Mahaffey's on the team, but for some reason, I liked old Dutch Shample the best. He looked more like a guy from a Marine recruiting poster than a college basketball player.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geez..you two are really going back what with Bob & Dutch!

May 19, 2017, 9:10 PM

Never knew Dutch but Bob Bradley was one heck of a fine Gentleman and served Clemson royally.

After a game in Chapel Hill when The Fridge played..maybe the early 80's..I looked over at the team's bus parked near dressing room and lo & behold Bob was loading up equipment into the lower open storage compartments, all sweaty, saw me and said hello Bill and turned back to continue the grunt work!

Til this day I wish I'd walked over and offered my help.

Another time I walked into the lobby of the Athletic complex and there was Bob rearranging & dusting off the trophies!

Oh, the guy never forgot your name.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Geez..you two are really going back what with Bob & Dutch!

May 19, 2017, 9:22 PM

I worked for the athletic department in the late 90's and Bob Bradley was the most genuine person I encountered. There were so many people who would judge you based on your appearance or your role in the athletic department but he did not care. He was a good guy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,536
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic