Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You guys are better off without Wade
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 1
   | View Original Thread |

You guys are better off without Wade

Mar 21, 2017, 11:17 AM

Warning: this post comes with an admitted level of saltiness/bitterness.

Will Wade is a pretty good coach. He did not warrant the contract LSU gave him though. You guys might have dodged a bullet with this one (not saying BB is the answer either).

From day one Wade displayed a pattern of berating players in public. His press conferences rubbed many fans the wrong way. I often talked with an uncle of a prominent player on our team (who happens to post on our forum) and he often described wide-spread discontent amongst the team. There were one or two who were going to transfer after this season but will be staying now. Take that for what you will. The way in which he left was even worse: the players and staff found out through ESPN. Our AD had a verbal commitment from Wade and he totally turned his back in the late hours of the night.

Long story short, Will Wade was a robotic and calculating individual. I have no doubt he will use LSU as yet another stepping stone, if he shows any ability to recruit locally and win big games (neither of which he did for us).

VCU and Clemson are better off without him. Good luck in the future and with your potential coaching search next year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 1
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic