Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Recruiting Update: Xavier Thomas announces decision date
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Football Recruiting Update: Xavier Thomas announces decision date

Feb 24, 2017, 10:27 PM

Xavier Thomas announces decision date

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A stroll thru the history books Mr. Thomas & you will see

Feb 24, 2017, 10:49 PM

that Gamecock football in Columbia has an 80% chance of turmoil, year in & year out for the past 125 years.

Re: A stroll thru the history books Mr. Thomas & you will see

Feb 24, 2017, 10:52 PM

They either are going into, are coming out of, or are in the midst of turmoil at any given time. Clemson will help him reach his dreams in a smooth and methodical way, all the while learning how to be the best man he could be.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Recruiting Update: Xavier Thomas announces decision date

Feb 24, 2017, 10:49 PM

Got the quickness of Vic Beasley with the size of The DE of a couple of years ago that was such a stud (memory is failing me). This young man can play. Love the way he explodes into his objective. I hope he recognizes that choosing us will put him light years ahead in reaching his dreams vs the other choice in cola.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just think,

Feb 24, 2017, 11:10 PM

This time next year he'll be practicing in Clemson!

Re: Just think,

Feb 27, 2017, 8:47 AM

I like the way you think, and I do hope you are right. This young man is a player!

Feb 25, 2017, 12:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Xavier Thomas announces decision date ]

I though I had watched some film on him before and wasn't THAT impressed but after watching half his Junior year film a few minutes ago he's really outstanding. Amazing agility and speed for a kid his size. He will be a starter day one at Clemson. He looks like a record breaker. Honestly he would probably do better at Clemson with "more competition" because the other team couldn't afford to double team him all the time. Pretty sure that's why Lawson and Dodd were #1 & #2 for sack in the country their last year because you couldn't focus on just one.

The 2018 Class will likely get to 2+ playoffs at Clemson. Start saving for another trip to a NCG.

Feb 27, 2017, 8:52 AM

You are right. The money for the next games will come out of my kid's inheritance. I earned mine, let them earn theirs. (Just kidding). Thankfully, we can attend the games each year, and that is a priority. Retirement ain't too bad when you've planned for it. I definitely plan on being at those games. See you there!

Feb 25, 2017, 12:41 AM

As long as he connects with coach bates and BV still here hes locked in... zamir, henry, and a few others will follow. This 18 class is elite

Feb 25, 2017, 1:15 PM

Venables isn't going anywhere, his son starts school here next year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2017, 5:06 AM

I guess he wants to see how next season unfolds for both schools. We'll hopefully be wrapping up another 10 win plus year. And the Coots should be another 5 wins. Fingers crossed.

This feels like David Pollack... in reverse.

Feb 25, 2017, 7:39 AM

Which is a good thing other than remembering what it's like to be on the other side of that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This feels like David Pollack... in reverse.

Feb 25, 2017, 1:12 PM

I wouldn't trust this siutation until he was signed.

Coots 4 and 8 in '17, possibly 5 and 7

Feb 25, 2017, 8:26 AM

Still have a weak "O line", defense won't stop the run after getting burnt over the top and deep.
They should beat LA Tech, Vandy and Wofford and possibly NC State, Depends on whether or not they can get their defense back on track.
There may be a couple of surprises either way.
KU plays a pair of Puff Teams before they travel to The Cockroach and may be over confident, then again USCjr could find themselves at 3 and 9 once again.
I predict that after losing to TN and going 1 and 6 the boosters will be calling for Mudshrimp to step down.

So basically...

Feb 25, 2017, 11:25 AM

He is waiting to see if SC improves enough to justify him committing there. I want SC to fail more than ever now! Haha

Smart move IMHO...he just wants to verify that coots suck...

Feb 25, 2017, 2:39 PM

...yet again for another season.

I know it's intuitively obvious to the rest of us old timers but we've had the luxury of seeing it happen year in and year out...but he's young and his impression was probably that fluke 5-peat which isn't likely to happen every again or maybe in his great grandchildren's time.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope he realizes the value of committing early.

Feb 25, 2017, 5:53 PM

That helps his team. I know he is supposed to be a stud, but Clemson has limited slots in the next class. Clemson is a hot commodity. If another 5 star wants to commit, we will need XT to commit or move aside.

I am not a fan of recruits waiting until the last minute to commit. That's what causes some coaches/schools to over-commit. And Clemson is not one of those schools. We honor our commitments and expect our recruits to do likewise.

We are building something special at Clemson. We want to the best players, but more importantly, we want the best young men.

Nonsense. This kid could commit now...

Feb 27, 2017, 1:47 PM

... or a month after signing day and we'd take him.

Stop the drama.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

I don't think he's just trying to make it dramatic

Feb 28, 2017, 4:07 PM [ in reply to I hope he realizes the value of committing early. ]

Sounds like he really wants to go to USC, but with all the issues they have been having, now sees Clemson as another option that would be similar logistically, but maybe better for his long term career in football. He has respectfully narrowed it down to just two schools, so all the others can use resources elsewhere.

Doesn't seem so much like he's holding out for attention or drama factor, just wants to see how one more season plays out before making what could be the biggest decision of his life.

The turmoil is the norm there

Feb 28, 2017, 7:22 AM

Come to Clemson. You'll be a household name ,we play on tv every game.
GO TIGERS!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic