Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Whitehurst Missed Practice Time With Sore Shoulder Before Georgia Tech Game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 868

Oct 30, 2005, 3:50 PM

If Charlie Whitehurst appeared rusty in Saturday's 10-9 loss at Georgia Tech, there may be good reason. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

oh, here come the excuses!!***

Oct 30, 2005, 4:35 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: Whitehurst Missed Practice Time With Sore Shoulder Before Georgia Tech Game

Oct 30, 2005, 4:54 PM

It had nothing to do with his shoulder. It had everything to do with his reads. Bench Charlie and put Proctor in. Charlie's been given more than the benefit of the doubt for the past 2 years.

Alright! Now I feel much better about the loss yeasterday.

Oct 30, 2005, 5:02 PM

Go mediocity!

Oct 30, 2005, 5:54 PM

Excuses are for losers!

Oct 30, 2005, 7:00 PM

Yes indeed Charlie has been giving more than enough tries to redeem himself from last years upset QB stats, even last year he had many chances to redeem himself as the gunslinger. I am not sayin Whitehurst is a bad QB i am just saying he doesn't fit the Clemson offense. We no longer have that strong O-Line to give him time to read the coverage, this has been why he misses these passes under pressure. Well, thats not 1000% fair we have failed to have playmakers at the reciever position.
So once again i say:

START CHARLIE!, IF HE MESSES UP PUT IN WILL PROCTOR!

Ya RIGHT

Oct 30, 2005, 8:19 PM

They tell us this AFTER he sucks it up.

Re: Ya RIGHT

Oct 30, 2005, 10:04 PM

Its funny they announce that after he plays terrible, and yet they never let proctor play...once again our defense played all out and the offense could not do the same

Correct me if I'm wrong, But...

Oct 31, 2005, 1:27 PM

I thought we had a good defense and a bad offense when we hired Bowden. Actually, Didn't we hire him for his offense? Guys, I think we've been had.

Ironic quote of the day

Oct 31, 2005, 9:03 AM

A poor first punt had Cole Chason's job perhaps hanging in the balance Saturday. But the two which followed - including a booming kick from the back of his own end zone - earned Chason a bit of breathing room.

"That's what he's capable of doing. He just needs to be consistent," Bowden said

Hmmm. Who else could that quote by Tommy be applied to? Maybe his job should be hanging in the balance...
If he wants consistency from his players, then I expect consistency from the coaches.

Re: Ironic quote of the day

Nov 1, 2005, 8:24 PM

One word... STUPID! If Charlie was hurt, then why did he play? Coach Bowden is obviously not scared of losing his job and therefore makes some gutsy calls (e.g., playing a hurt Charlie, calling for a fake punt against WF, frequently passing it three yrds short of a first down on third down, etc.). I think extending his contract made him lazy. I think he is striving to improve the program, but is just to stupid to get it done. I like what he has done from a recruiting standpoint, and I have supported him thus far, but I am beginning to think that Tommy Bowden is not the total package that we need. The only thing that will change my mind is to win out this season, and even then, it will be another season of coulda, shoulda, wouldas. My only question to Tiger fans is, and I am being serious, Who would be a better coach?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 868
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic