Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Scott Rhymer: Win Over Wolfpack Means Nothing…To Some
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Oct 21, 2005, 3:23 PM

Whipping a North Carolina State team on national television did not overshadow the loss in Winston-Salem for some. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

rhymer sure know how to stir the pot***

Oct 21, 2005, 3:33 PM

Re: Scott Rhymer: Win Over Wolfpack Means Nothing…To Some

Oct 21, 2005, 3:38 PM

Scott is right on target in many of his articles. For those bandwagon fans that he mentions, I wish the bandwagon would stop and back over those idiots.

God Bless Clemson. And Nobody Else. Go Tigers!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If I ever have to use this baby, I want to teach it to come to Papa in a hurry."

After reading this article, I have to admit

Oct 21, 2005, 3:59 PM

that SR hit the nail on the head. I am so tired of fairweather fans that it is not funny anymore. I am tired of people who fuss about TB, or an assistant or a player. I am just plain tired of people who can not enjoy a football game and be proud to be a Tiger. I had rather have an atmosphere at Clemson like we did with Miami than have somebody like Newberry to come in and beat on. I love to win as much as anyone, but the players had to be dead for the Wake game after what they had been thru.

A lost to Wake does not bother me as much as a lost to a weak team. When Wake finishes with State this week, our loss to them will not seem as bad. Wake is not the team it was in the 70's and 80's...neither is Va.

Those same people fussing..they won't show up for the Temple game to support the Tigers - because it is not an exciting game. But you know what, the players need our support no matter who the opponent is and this team darn well deserves our support this year.

If the Tigers run the table, get a great bowl game...these "fans" will still be fussing about Wake! Too bad they aren't gamecocks...then they would really have something to complain about.

Go Tigers win another for the Coach!!!

Message was edited by: tigergirl®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you missed the counterpoint that the morons on this

Oct 21, 2005, 4:13 PM

board, myself included, do not make up Clemson fans as a whole, and one guy in Raleigh moaning about the playcalling up 28-7 certainly does not either. But, who cares? We kicked ncsu and the refs ####, and are going to win out. I'll enjoy it however I wish.

Unfortunately we had an idiot that

Oct 21, 2005, 4:22 PM

sat in front of us and from the first fumble (which was not a fumble) he started complaining. Towards the end of the game (and he had nothing on except for a hat to show he was Clemson) all he could say is "TB has got to go" I finally told him to shut the heck up. I told him that I did not know why he bother to stay after the first quarter if he had so much hatred for TB...he was just simpy awful.

Maybe I did not see the whole picture of what Scott was writing about, but there is one thing that he is correct about, there are people on this board and never on the board that just can't stand TB. The more he wins the more I laugh. I am happy he is our coach and hope he will be for a long time.

And Im tired of people wo have blind loyalty for a coach

Oct 21, 2005, 5:06 PM [ in reply to After reading this article, I have to admit ]

AND NOT CLEMSON UNIVERSITY!

I'm with you!!!!!!***

Oct 21, 2005, 5:51 PM

I am as loyal to Clemson

Oct 21, 2005, 9:38 PM [ in reply to And Im tired of people wo have blind loyalty for a coach ]

University as anyone can get. As a Tiger Scholarship Donor and an IPTAY rep for 35 years I will match my loyality against yours.

It is not thru rose glasses or blind eyes or whatever you want to say. I love Clemson - but I have gone thru every coach since Frank Howard and Tommy Bowden rates high on my list.

But I will not argue with you about loyality because based on your average post on the board you have very little if any loyality.

I'm tired ot being told how to be a fan

Oct 23, 2005, 6:55 AM [ in reply to And Im tired of people wo have blind loyalty for a coach ]

I think it's pretty bad to lose to Wake, Duke and Wake in three straight years, but I haven't called for Bowden's head this year, because I remember what happened last year after the Wake loss, and it can happen again.

Still, I reserve the right to b**ch and moan as I please. The fake FG against Wake was stupid, and Bowden not complaining about the time lost on the clock when we called timeout before the last two plays was stupid, too.

I pull for Clemson as hard as anyone, I think, and I'm a scholarship donor who graduated from Clemson, and my father played football for Clemson. I don't need a radio guy telling me to stifle my opinion about what happens in Clemson football.

In my world, a public employee who makes more than $1 million a year should be subject to critical evaluation from the people who pay his salary.

I'm sick of Scott Rhymer's holier-than-thou attitude and just as sick of all the rah-rah, fall-in-line types who think we should back Bowden's judgment into the ditch no matter what happens, people who would call me a fair-weather fan when I'm a fair-weather Bowden fan but a fair-weather Clemson fan in no way, shape or form.

To tell you the honest truth, I'm extremely disappointed this site continues to "print" Rhymer's columns.

I haven't been around here much lately, and Rhymer's the reason. Off this site, I have heard exactly nobody -- meaning no one whatsoever -- say that the win over N.C. State was meaningless because we lost to Wake, so I really don't know what he's talking about or why he bothered.

I mean, why rip at the stitches when the wounds are starting to heal?

I have seen the future, and it is Clemson.

DANG!! That was good....

Oct 21, 2005, 4:01 PM

This article is right on the money. Those on here like T*L*I who have written the season off, I wish would sell their tickets to fans who BELIEVE and not whine about every little thing.

Re: I don't get the anger, personally, on either side.

Oct 21, 2005, 4:11 PM

I don't ***** much about Clemson football, nor do I ***** about the *****ers. But I might start *****ing about those who ***** about the *****ers, lol.

Re: Scott Rhymer: Win Over Wolfpack Means Nothing…To Some

Oct 21, 2005, 5:48 PM

I agree with Scott Rhymer that Clemson has some "fairweather" fans. The one thing that he didn't seem to mention is that EVERY team has them! Anytime you have success and set the bar high, there is always going to be the expectation to do it again. Well, Clemson set the bar very high back in the 80's and early 90's when they had 9 seasons of at least 9 wins and won a national championship along with several conference championships. There are some fans who take it too far and say "fire the coach" every year, but I don't think there are as many as you think. I also think that you are generalizing way too much. Every fan that complains about our coaching, playcalling, etc. is not a "fairweather" fan.

I believe a lot of the fans that have complained during Bowden's tenure at Clemson don't expect a national championship and ACC championship every year. I also don't think it's possible given the parity in college football today. What I do think is possible is to get back to winning 9 or 10 games a year the majority of the time, with an occasional 8 or 7 win season. This is what I think most of our fans want. What we have seen so far under Bowden is 6 or 7 wins a year the majority of the time, and only 1 or 2 seasons with more wins. Well, if that is the type of team you are happy with Mr. Rhymer then I feel as bad for you as I do all the "fairweather" fans out there.

As for myself, I will be at ALL of the remaining games we have on our schedule cheering my Tigers on and expecting us to win. I won't stop cheering for them if we lose, but I also won't feel bad about complaining about it.

Well said Scott***

Oct 21, 2005, 7:20 PM

"Forget for a moment that Rob Spence"

Oct 21, 2005, 10:07 PM

as if you would know....

lol.

i re-read the article. he makes valid points.***

Oct 22, 2005, 7:42 AM