Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Watson: "This is just football at the end of the day"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

FB Update: Watson: "This is just football at the end of the day"

Nov 12, 2016, 9:04 PM

Watson: "This is just football at the end of the day"

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Watson: "This is just football at the end of the day"

Nov 12, 2016, 9:08 PM

Great perspective. I think this is why he is so good on the field.

Re: FB Update: Watson: "This is just football at the end of the day"

Nov 13, 2016, 6:46 PM

Is there any wonder these guys don't want to talk to the media or the fans sometimes? This kid has given us highlight film after highlight film. Let him alone and be a great kid and player!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As much as I love you, Watson...

Nov 12, 2016, 9:09 PM

that quote came out a bit wrong for me. If it's just football, Clemson wouldn't be such a special place as it is now. We wouldn't have 80,000 people coming to cheer for the team.

At the end of the day, we lost a game and most of us still love you, the team and the coaches. Learn from it and move on.

Re: As much as I love you, Watson...

Nov 12, 2016, 9:13 PM

What is wrong with you.. Watson is correct.. its just football..

I assume I'll hear no complain from you...

Nov 12, 2016, 9:40 PM

if we lose another game or game after game.

Yeah, it's just football, but I don't want to hear it from our starting QB when the ACC title and national title are still on the line.

Re: I assume I'll hear no complain from you...

Nov 13, 2016, 12:31 AM

Seriously, do you think fans want to win more than the players? DW is a great young man and has represented Clemson very well. I'm sure the wants to win way more than you do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't say he wasn't a good representative.

Nov 13, 2016, 1:15 AM

All I said was what he said about being just football kinda sounded wrong to me. I don't mean winning at all cost is what matters the most, no. I'll take Dabo and Watson as the representatives of the university even if we go 4-8. But, look, saying that "it's just football" is not an attitude that a potential first rounder and the leader whose team still has a chance to win the conference and the Natty should have.

What he said about the loss didn't define him was more like the right attitude and was the right thing to say.

Nov 13, 2016, 12:31 AM [ in reply to I assume I'll hear no complain from you... ]

Seriously, do you think fans want to win more than the players? DW is a great young man and has represented Clemson very well. I'm sure the wants to win way more than you do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2016, 12:31 AM [ in reply to I assume I'll hear no complain from you... ]

Re: As much as I love you, Watson...

Nov 12, 2016, 9:35 PM [ in reply to As much as I love you, Watson... ]

As an alum I'll say this. If football was cancelled tomorrow at Clemson it would still be a special place. It's football dude. The kids battled and lost. It happens

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic