Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Clemson making a case for Defensive End University
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,782

New Story: Clemson making a case for Defensive End University

May 9, 2016, 8:05 AM

Clemson making a case for Defensive End University

Clemson is known for producing great wide receivers, but after the recent draft the Tigers have also put a lot of defensive ends into the NFL. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hate to be the doom and gloom guy

May 9, 2016, 11:51 AM

But Clemson defensive ends have done exactly squat in the NFL. We've had some of the big names roll out of here in the last decade. Gaines Adams was taken 4th overall. Sadky, his career was cut short but in his time in the league he did nothing. Bowers, has done nothing. Goodman, nothing. None of them has done anything. Beasley had a season that was just like his time as a Tiger...if he was 't doing something spectacuoar, he wasn't doing anything. A run of the mill tackle on a 2 or 3 yard gain, he's 3 yards away watching the pile. IMO, the only DE from Clemson that has done anything of note is Andre Branch.

This is why I said the Falcons would not draft Lawson or Dodd. They've drafted 2 DE's from Clemson and to this point have little to show for it. Now, I do bel8eve that Lawson and Dodd are better overall than the others listed. I think the two of them are more complete players and are not always looking for the flash. They get.out there and get after it. If thats taking on a double team to free up a teammate, they are good with that. Some of the others, not so much. I love the guys that have played in the Valley but to this point the majority have done nothing beyond getting drafted and drawing a check.

Flame away.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Other Things Come Into Play ----

May 9, 2016, 12:38 PM

Injuries hurt Daquan. As for the others..the NFL team rosters are absolutely competitive.
Speaking of injuries.....Vic Beasley went through his rookie year with a first time NFL head coach and Vic Beasley was the one that was playing with bad ribs or something ...most of the season and STILL led the team in sacks for the Falcons though it wasn't no more than 5. What in the world were the other veteran NFL Falcons doing on that defensive front?? Not a dang thing.
Its definitely harder in the NFL but with a lot of those players at different positions and schemes.....it takes time.

Re: I hate to be the doom and gloom guy

May 9, 2016, 2:46 PM [ in reply to I hate to be the doom and gloom guy ]

Maybe what it all means is that our coaching has been greater than our talent.

Re: I hate to be the doom and gloom guy

May 9, 2016, 3:35 PM [ in reply to I hate to be the doom and gloom guy ]

I agree. Until they start producing at an all pro level, let's just keep this boasting in house.

Trevor Pryce says Hi

May 9, 2016, 3:47 PM [ in reply to I hate to be the doom and gloom guy ]

4-time Pro Bowler.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

True, our WR's have been elite even in the NFL. Luckily

May 9, 2016, 8:27 PM [ in reply to I hate to be the doom and gloom guy ]

I think Lawson and Dodd will change that. Maybe not elite but they can play. These two are much more NFL ready. Vic needs to find the right niche and he'll be great.

Mike Williams will likely be another elite WR.

Jarvis Jenkins??????????????******

May 9, 2016, 12:00 PM

Played DT for us, 3-4 DE in the NFL***

May 9, 2016, 12:55 PM

In a few more years itll be NFLU

May 9, 2016, 7:17 PM

all positions baby. GO TIGERS!!

Replies: 9