Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: NFL.com lists Peake as a potential draft day steal
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,773

FB Update: NFL.com lists Peake as a potential draft day steal

Mar 30, 2016, 10:47 AM

NFL.com lists Peake as a potential draft day steal

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not surprising.***

Mar 30, 2016, 10:56 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Not surprising.***

Mar 30, 2016, 11:34 AM

I don't know about a steal........he will go by the 4th round

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Also a beast as a blocker !!!***

Mar 30, 2016, 12:34 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: NFL.com lists Peake as a potential draft day steal

Mar 30, 2016, 12:47 PM

I guess NFL teams love looking for skilled guys that has had problems with injuries, but are now good as knew. They can pick up Elite talent that has been reduced to lower rounds bc of past injuries that are no longer a problem. I guess that is a big part of a scouts job, that is to use what ever to knock a rookie draftee down as low as possible, so that teams can get them cheaper....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've pulled for CP since he arrived at CU - I'm not even

Mar 30, 2016, 1:28 PM

sure why. It would be awesome to see him get picked up by an NFL team.

The NFL.com guy didn't mention his blocking ability, which has to be way above average for an NFL receiver.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've pulled for CP since he arrived at CU - I'm not even

Apr 1, 2016, 1:08 AM

Maybe because he plays for Clemson and you should pull for every Clemson player??

Re: FB Update: NFL.com lists Peake as a potential draft day steal

Mar 30, 2016, 1:58 PM

I think that he is a great value anywhere after the 2nd round, and a fair one in the 2nd. Guy had measurables, speed, catches pretty well, very solid blocker. I think in an NFL System his skill sets translate very well. He has earned and deserves my respect for his hard work and dedication.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Could be someone's Martavis Bryant without the baggage

Mar 31, 2016, 1:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Could be someone's Martavis Bryant without the baggage

Mar 31, 2016, 11:51 PM

I really don't think Peake is going to sneak up on anyone.

For starters, he looked REALLY GOOD in the Senior Bowl. A whole lot of professional scouts noticed...in particular, they noticed the skillset stacked atop a very impressive physical specimen. For another, he's a Clemson WR...and we assuredly are WRU right now, whatever weaksauce protestations schools like Tennessee may utter.

For another, when they start looking for quality film, they just have to go back to his last game - the national title game against the #1 defense in college football, Alabama. He caught 6 balls for 99 yards.

Yeah, he lost basically two years to a knee injury, and took awhile to settle into the 9 spot on the outside, but by the end he was doing exactly what you want a dominant big WR to do.

I don't think Charone Peake is a mystery, or an unknown commodity, to anybody. While his numbers were not as impressive, I think they are aware he's probably in the same league as Nuk Hopkins/Sammy Watkins/Martavis Bryant and will be drafted accordingly...2nd round, probably, at the latest. If he gets into the 3rd round I'll personally be surprised. It really wouldn't shock me if he went as high as late first round. There will be some medical concerns with him but considering he got stronger and not weaker as his senior year went on I think those will be substantially less.

He's got the physical measurables, he has the skills, he has produced in the biggest stage against the toughest competition in college football, and he's from the top WR factory in America. Which adds up to being about as sure a thing as there is in the NFL draft. NFL teams like that. A lot.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,773
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic