Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Stoops says playing Clemson will be a big challenge
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 4,546

New Story: Stoops says playing Clemson will be a big challenge

Dec 26, 2015, 7:01 AM

Stoops says playing Clemson will be a big challenge

The Oklahoma Sooners returned to practice last week after a two-week layoff following their 58-23 win over Oklahoma St. to end the regular season. The No. 4 Sooners will take on No. 1 Clemson in the Capital One Orange Bowl on New Year’s Eve, a rematch of last year’s Russell Athletic Bowl that saw the Tigers claim a 40-6 victory. Photo by Mark J. Rebilas / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Stoops says playing Clemson will be a big challenge

Dec 26, 2015, 7:21 AM

Shep sounds bitter .
You bitter Shep ?

A lot of complimentary stuff from Stoops and Mayfield ...then the bitter ending with Shepard .
Well , after the bitter end of their season comes Thursday night I guess Stoops and Mayfield can join Mr. Shepard in his dislike of Clemson .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 26, 2015, 7:32 AM

They have no idea what a rested Clemson D will look like!

Dec 26, 2015, 4:06 PM

> They have no idea what a rested Clemson D will look
> like!

Does this whole "resting" thing you speak of work both ways? Like, if clemson is rested, could I reasonably assume that Oklahoma will also be rested and healed up as well? OU has a pretty salty defense too.

For example:

Yes clemson gives up 295 ypg to OU's 350 ypg. This is where the squaking of having the #7 defense comes from. But as we all know big 12 offenses run more plays; Clemson has defended 821 plays to OU's 899. So, in yards per play, guess what? THey both give up 4.68 yards per play. If you compare the offenses each team has faced, I would say that OU has definitely faced better offenses throughout the year and yet has given up the same yards per play. The ranking comparison is pretty definitely in the big 12's favor. 6 of the top 30 offenses. ACC has 2. Two. szwei. Dos. So that defense will have been rested up too. Should be fun.

I dunno....

Dec 26, 2015, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Stoops says playing Clemson will be a big challenge ]

sounded like he was careful to me, not bitter. Keeping bulletin board material under control. I think he wants to come out and make a big splash this year to make up for last year, but he's hedging his bets.

This is going to be a helluva game. Tough! I think this is the biggest gale of the playoffs...

Go Tigers!

Message was edited by: Tiger8693®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2015, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Stoops says playing Clemson will be a big challenge ]

Well it all sound like a bunch of bull sh!t coming from them. It sounds like they are tipping on the side of trying to make our guys feel a little over confident bc they have give up on the game to us bc we are just to good for them. And then they come out and try to break our jaw, I'm not believing a word of their kiss A$S BS talking like we are just to good for them. That is exactly what they want us thinking, thinking that we have won before we play a down. The ole reverse psychology BS at it's best!!! They have watched and saw how we have played the second half of the season, just well enough to squeak by, and they hope we play them the same way so that they can knock us off our high horses we ride into Miami on. Their players are saying just what their coaches want them to say, and that is absolutely nothing that may fire us up. When our team is pisssed off and fired up, we are a hard team to slow down. What those Sooner's are saying right now is nothing more than the Sooner BS they want us to hear in an attempt to soften us up. If the truth was to be known, they believe we are over rated, just like the rest of the country thinks. Among their selves, they talk about how they are going to punk us out on National TV if front of the country....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He said the same thing as some our players

Dec 26, 2015, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Stoops says playing Clemson will be a big challenge ]

They are basically the same team with a different QB. Both are different with more experience.

I still think Tigers win again.

The Clemson D Is rested up & will be ready to go

Dec 26, 2015, 10:23 AM

They will shove the ball down Mayfield, Perine (again), Mixon, & Shepards (again) throats. Theres no way the Clemson D will play shallow like the last half of the season. Theyre rested up & on a mission. They want the NCG more than any of us & i know we have absolutely nothing to worry about.

Watson & Co. are going to do their thing to score as many points as possible but this will definitely be a defense game, the D will rise up & blister OK on every snap!

Re: The Clemson D Is rested up & will be ready to go

Dec 26, 2015, 10:51 AM

I will give you a point and hope so right along with you!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shepard And Mayfield Will Want To Start Off Fast ----

Dec 26, 2015, 11:38 AM

Then Perine and Mixon will follow. We must be ready.

Should be fun to watch

Dec 26, 2015, 12:21 PM

First off, why would they not give props to our Tigers? Around this same time last year, Clemson ripped them a new one with a backup QB. They know the Tigers are going to have some confidence coming in because of that. Why not, try to boost their ego, play up the #1 thing, make it sound like everybody on our roster was consensus All-Americans. Seems pretty smart to me. They also have a good idea 9f where they can try and exploit possible mismatches. They are familiar with most of our personel and know where the want to attack. Who overpersues, who freezes or hesitates in recognition?

Likewise we know most of their personel and tendencies. Qb's are the wild card. Neither played last year and are much more dynamic than the starters in that game. Should be fun from a fan perspective. I think the coaches are excited as well and ae probably looking at this like a chess game, moreso than normal. Both teams are loaded with talent, probably about equal across the board. This game coukd. Ery easkly be decided by a turn over, special teams, or a penalty.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey "bigmouth" Shepard - your daddy awaits

Dec 26, 2015, 1:03 PM
image.jpeg(58.3 K)

The challenge!!

He says: "bring it"

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

New Story: Stoops discovers water is wet.

Dec 26, 2015, 1:11 PM

Stoops, you have no idea the magnitude of the challenge you are about to face.
You thought Cole was a challenge.
His name is DW4. Just wait, Bobby.

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 4,546
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic