Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Clemson and South Carolina: What a difference two years makes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 51
| visibility 1

New Story: Clemson and South Carolina: What a difference two years makes

Nov 23, 2015, 7:01 AM

Clemson and South Carolina: What a difference two years makes

Two years ago, Clemson left Williams-Brice Stadium reeling from a fifth consecutive loss in the series, and many would have told you the programs were headed in opposite directions. They were right. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very well written

Nov 23, 2015, 7:06 AM

Thanks for an excellent article. So glad we have Deshaun Watson going into this game. He doesn't get rattled, ever.

Clemson and South Carolina: What a difference two years makes

Nov 23, 2015, 7:17 AM

Swinney is a class act. Losses won't change that. Many times teams go as their QB gos and Boyd once rattled fell apart. Sad to say , but we all know it to be true. Always told people. Boyd played a foundation, Watson will build the house. GO TIGERS!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson and South Carolina: What a difference two years makes

Nov 23, 2015, 7:19 AM

Laid a foundation. Geez

Nov 23, 2015, 7:25 AM [ in reply to Clemson and South Carolina: What a difference two years makes ]

whowill dothe plumbing and wiring???

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2015, 8:02 AM

Hyatt and crew the plumbing

Wilkins and crew the wiring

Nov 23, 2015, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson and South Carolina: What a difference two years makes ]

Watson ! Flooring , fixers and cabinet. And Also fill the trophy case. He also does heat and air baby!
GO TIGERS!!!!

Nov 23, 2015, 11:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson and South Carolina: What a difference two years makes ]

Our lines on both sides of the ball.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Nov 23, 2015, 11:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson and South Carolina: What a difference two years makes ]

Nov 23, 2015, 8:04 AM [ in reply to Clemson and South Carolina: What a difference two years makes ]

Boyd did make some mostakes at critical times in some games , but he was so good for so long as the Tiger signal caller . We won a lot of games with Tajh, and I will forever be greatful to him for that .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 23, 2015, 8:53 AM

I agree. Boyd changed Clemson. With boyd we dominated unranked teams. It was the foundation to what we see now.
GO TIGERS!!!!

Nov 23, 2015, 8:58 AM

He also won against ranked teams , Georgia, LSU, OSU. but if rattled the game could go south quick. Watson don't rattle.
GO TIGERS!!!!

Some people will remember anything bad and never the good.

Nov 23, 2015, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson and South Carolina: What a difference two years makes ]

Tajh did great things at Clemson and always represented Clemson with class.

Re: Some people will remember anything bad and never the good.

Nov 23, 2015, 10:57 AM

Not about remembering just bad. But when it comes to this game I'd love to hear an intelligent argument that would lead anyone to believe tajh wasn't instrumental in aiding us losing. I have played and coached football. A team will emulate the QB. If he's coming unglued, so does everyone else. Bottom line.
GO TIGERS!!!

Nov 23, 2015, 2:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson and South Carolina: What a difference two years makes ]

As I recall, the Tigers won games with Tajh calling signals against FSU, Auburn, Georgia, LSU, Georgia Tech, NC State, North Carolina, VaTech (twice in one season against a good team) and quite a few others. I thought he did a great job!

Nov 23, 2015, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Clemson and South Carolina: What a difference two years makes ]

The thing about Tajh when he was on fire he was one of the best qbs in the country but when he got rattled everything would fall apart

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Excellent Article Mr. Hood! Perfection!***

Nov 23, 2015, 7:39 AM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

One of your best. Honest and straightforward. Even if the

Nov 23, 2015, 7:43 AM

Coots don't want to admit it (publicly), you pegged what their legendary coach did to them.

Outstanding analysis, thank you!***

Nov 23, 2015, 7:45 AM

Re: Outstanding analysis, thank you!***

Nov 23, 2015, 7:53 AM

Excellent Article and well written from an inside the locker room perspective!!

you made me look up a word***

Nov 23, 2015, 7:53 AM

Perfectly stated....as far as the 2 different roads

Nov 23, 2015, 8:04 AM

Each program is following I think Christopher Lloyd's character in "Back to the future" said it best...." Where we're going, we don't need roads!" Go Tigers, show no mercy, let them always remember that day in 2015 when they faced the Titans, oops, I mean the Tigers!

i got chills reading this!

Nov 23, 2015, 8:06 AM

Cant wait til Saturday to see the excitement of the players (especially the seniors) after the 12-0 finish to the regular season (hopefully)! Its been a helluva ride this season & these boys can go out with a bang. Go Tigers!

"augaries" - SAT word for the day. Nice job!***

Nov 23, 2015, 8:17 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "augaries" - ahem it is auguries

Nov 23, 2015, 1:04 PM

I think he corrected the spelling.

Re: New Story: Clemson and South Carolina: What a difference two years makes

Nov 23, 2015, 8:20 AM

This will be a perfect end to a perfect 'regular' season. The 3 games that follow this perfect game will be the perfect ending for a perfect complete season. Buckle your straps, Tigers! This is going to be a fun ride.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good article.

Nov 23, 2015, 8:51 AM

Go Tigers!!

USC got what they deserved with Spurrier***

Nov 23, 2015, 8:55 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good article...I was depressed for days after that game***

Nov 23, 2015, 9:17 AM

Nov 23, 2015, 9:42 AM

This might be my favorite article I've read on here and the timing of it is perfect. Well done.

Honestly, I've felt like we were the better team the last

Nov 23, 2015, 9:45 AM

In 2013 and 2012. Everyone knows about the turnovers in 2013 but i felt like we should have won in 2012 as well. Chad Morris was a big reason why we lost then imo. He wouldn't double team Clowney for some unknown reason when he had i think 4 sacks in that game and he abandoned the run game when it was working very well (He seemed to do that alot while at Clemson). Our defense played good enough to win but d@mn i think it was 3 or 4 easy INTs our DBs dropped in that game. Oh well just venting a little bit lol. Go tigers!

Rev?! Is that you?!! Spot the #### ball! Nicely written.

Nov 23, 2015, 10:20 AM

N/M

Really enjoyed the article..."truth be told"

Nov 23, 2015, 10:25 AM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It would be awesome to make a video

Nov 23, 2015, 10:39 AM

It off this. Music in the background with highlights! (And lowlights for them).

Nov 23, 2015, 10:46 AM

good article. Even in the best of times, Spurrier showed little class and clearly didn't build an organization with much substance. Since his abandonment act, he has been essentially taking a victory lap (commercials, commentary, etc.). I actually feel bad for USC students & players. The fair-weather fans are gone, I predict that the stands will be pretty empty at kick-off (maybe more orange).

That said, we haven't won the 2016 game. I hope CU can focus. USC has everything to gain by winning!

Clemson and South Carolina

Nov 23, 2015, 11:14 AM

Best part of last year was ( the helping hand) when Scott stepped on the usuck DB's hand to stay in bounds. That was classic. Was sitting with two #### lovers, they said" he stepped out!" I said no he landed on the DB's hand! He never touched the turf. He's in! I laughed, they sat until the call came through. They through down their stuff and said " #### it's over!" And it was. Lol , that was humiliation for them.
After that they left. GO TIGERS!!!!!!

Bravo David****

Nov 23, 2015, 11:24 AM

Nm

Nov 23, 2015, 11:49 AM

Excellent article. Like I'm sure 99% of all a Tiger fans, I would have bet the house we would have won that game. We certainly had the team for it. But hopefully those terrible years remind us to never take these games for granted. Just think most teams are playing their last college football game this weekend. We counted the days down all winter, spring and summer waiting to get a chance to see our Tigers play. We grasped anything said in the off season to get a glimmer of who was going to sign onto our team, who was going to start and where we would be ranked in the pre-season. All of our coaches bought in to making our Tigers championship ready. And today this won't be our last game of the year. Our seniors will get at least two more games and if the stars align we could have two more. We are lucky to have the coaches and players we have that are good at football, but also good at aspiring to be better people. I was there for the 81 season, but this journey has been different . This time Tiger Nation is united. Never has there been a better time to be a Tiger. One game at a time. Let's smash mouth Carolina early, often and quick and walk out of that hellhole the winner.

Nov 23, 2015, 12:02 PM

This may sound bad but I really don't want it to be close at all, I don't even want them to s

Nov 23, 2015, 12:07 PM

*score, not even on our third string

Nov 23, 2015, 12:36 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson and South Carolina: What a difference two years makes ]

Bubba: "Forrest, I got an important question to ask you. When we get out of this, do you wanna get into the chicken business with me? We can split it right down the middle."

Forrest: "Sure."

Bubba: "Forrest, we can fry the chickens, bake the chickens, broil the chickens, roast the chickens, make chicken tetrazzini, chicken Florentine, chicken skewers, chicken potpie, chicken casserole, grill the chicken, make chicken-vegetable soup, make chicken scaloppini, make lemon chicken, and if there is any leftovers, we can make chicken sandwiches. We can top it all off with a 63 yard field goal on the final play."

Forrest: "Maybe I can play and return kickoffs against the chickens."

David, I think that some folks might find this offensive...

Nov 23, 2015, 12:33 PM

...and there has been a pattern of abuse in your recent articles. I'm sure some people will refuse to come back to TigerNet until this changes (which might explain the recent absence of the feathered variety). I think you might get asked to step down...

Signed,
#garnetandblacklivesmatter

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: David, I think that some folks might find this offensive...

Nov 23, 2015, 12:50 PM

Not on tiger net they don't. Hence the name. Tiger( as in the Clemson tigers) net ( as to say our network , a net work for tiger fans) wow! Good reason I don't go on cootsnet. Lord !!!
GO TIGERS!!! IF ANYONE IS CONFUSED IT FOR THE CLEMSON TIGERS!!!

**** GREAT STORY ****

Nov 23, 2015, 12:42 PM

Nov 23, 2015, 12:48 PM

We've had better teams in 2011, 2012 and 2013. Honestly, the 2012 loss stung a little bit more in my eyes. We were clicking on all cylinders after the loss down in Tallahassee and won enough games to be in position for a nice BCS bowl. I just remember our offense in that 4th quarter just repeatedly shooting ourselves in the foot..and the starting field position was pretty favorable each possession too! I expect us to lose if we turn it over 6 times..but when we repeatedly inched near midfield and got sacked on 2nd & 3rd downs..that annoyed me the most. I'm glad that the pendulum has swung our way though..and it looks like it will stay that way for a good while.

Great article that looks deep into two programs

Nov 23, 2015, 1:20 PM

David has portrayed the last two years quite well. Dabo will continue to stay on course no matter the distractions, issues or losses. Spurrier is no question a quitter and is not made of the "Right Stuff".

Let's go take care of business and not worry about what the Shamecocks will be doing over the next few months.

Nov 23, 2015, 3:05 PM

USC is "wounded." Be careful not to let them stay in the game like 'Cuse...cleats on neck!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Am I the only one that caught the coot?

Nov 23, 2015, 4:18 PM

Complaints about David not being on the fence? Really? On tigernet??

Nice job, DavidHood.

Nov 23, 2015, 4:27 PM

That story was worth at least 5 Whopper coupons.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

et tu, David Hood?

Nov 23, 2015, 8:10 PM

"Clemson will more than likely win,"

Maybe I am just too fearful, having followed my beloved Tigers for 40+ years, but this whole "Clemson is going to blow them out"/"Spurrier isn't man enough to face the ### kicking his coots are about to receive" narrative scares the bejeebers out of me. The coots are not as bad as their record indicates.

Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

I sure hope Dabo, BV, the OCs, and the players are more dialed in than most of the fans on here and most of the pundits.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great Read!!

Nov 24, 2015, 8:48 AM

Feel the exact same way, great read.

Life in general seems much better now then two years ago! The curse has left the land!

Replies: 51
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic