Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Notre Dame QB says making big plays will quiet loud crowd
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 55
| visibility 1

FB Update: Notre Dame QB says making big plays will quiet loud crowd

Sep 30, 2015, 4:42 PM

Notre Dame QB says making big plays will quiet loud crowd

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol lol lol .. Good luck with that..

Sep 30, 2015, 4:45 PM

Only crowd that will be quiet is your fans..

Never let up Tiger Faithful. BE LOUD!***

Sep 30, 2015, 4:46 PM

We'll see about that.***

Sep 30, 2015, 4:47 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

I'm sorry... I've been to FSU 3x....

Sep 30, 2015, 4:48 PM

It's not even close to the same environment or noise level as Death Valley.

That's not me talking through my orange tinted glasses either. That's a fact.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm sorry... I've been to FSU 3x....

Sep 30, 2015, 5:02 PM

I've been there twice myself. I think when things are going well, it is very comparable to Clemson. But I do think Clemson is the best I've ever heard as far as loudest, and just making noise on all downs, not just 3rd.

The thing that annoys me more than anything is that we often let up on the noise when the play gets rolling and don't start back until they approach the LOS. If we can start back right after the play ends, and keep that deafening noise going while they huddle and try to call plays, it will be near impossible for them.

I remember during UGA in 2013 I was in the student section, and I was yelling as loud as I could to the person beside me, and he couldn't make out what I was saying. That is some serious noise, and I've never experienced that elsewhere... (I've been to FSU 2x, USuCk 2x, UGA, Auburn, VT, GT, Wake, and UVA 2 weeks ago for UVA/ND)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2015, 8:13 AM

My thoughts, too. FSU's noise is not as intense as Clemson's. Like you, I've been to many venues all over the country, and I've never heard anything that rivaled the noise I heard at the Miami game. Also, your point of starting the noise too late is right on. It needs to be solid to prevent them even from getting the plays in their huddle (if they have one) and from being heard as the audibles are made. We missed an opportunity, if we wait until they are snapping the ball.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will say this about Doak . . .

Oct 1, 2015, 11:14 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm sorry... I've been to FSU 3x.... ]

I've been to five Clemson games at Doak and while I don't think it's quite as loud, I do think they are a much more persistent crowd - and have been for years. FSU can be down by 17 points and yet the crowd's persistence makes you feel like the game is slipping away from your team. Very often at Clemson over the years, the crowd was absolutely frickin' electric to start out, but could be taken out of the equation pretty quick if things went poorly - and would typically wait until the team showed life before reasserting itself (that is, the crowd). FSU's crowd has historically been very assertive to jump back in even when the team's floundering. It's a hard crowd to "steal" the psychological momentum from. They bear down on you with tenacity. Clemson has gotten better about that in recent years, to be fair, but FSU has a long and solid history of that.

I remember us being up on them 20-9 in Tallahassee in 2006, and I swear the crowd willed FSU back into that ballgame. We owned them in the first half, but it was a very nasty dogfight after our initial surge. The crowd's psychological presence on the field was palpable and oppressive.

But I do think Clemson is louder and rowdier.

-M

Sep 30, 2015, 7:57 PM [ in reply to I'm sorry... I've been to FSU 3x.... ]

I agree 110%. I've been to Tally half a dozen times as well, in close games and not, and it's never been as loud as Death Valley when they visit us.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2015, 9:18 PM

Woosies apologize. Don't apologize, speak your mind. Have an opinion and mean it.

Yell like madmen Saturday.

And no apologizing.

Sep 30, 2015, 9:19 PM [ in reply to I'm sorry... I've been to FSU 3x.... ]

been there maybe 10 times. that place cant hold the valleys jock

That's a theory.***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. Keep talking.***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Yes. Keep talking.***

Sep 30, 2015, 8:07 PM

Was that pic really necessary? Lol

He shouldn't fear the noise.

Sep 30, 2015, 8:10 PM

Ben Boulware is what I'd be afraid of.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. Deal with it.***

Sep 30, 2015, 9:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Yes. Keep talking.*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

He's right

Sep 30, 2015, 4:52 PM

Generally big plays will quite a crowd, but she's a freshmen making his first ever road start so making those plays against a top defense isn't going to come easily

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: He's right

Sep 30, 2015, 4:56 PM

Also I don't think he even played at FSU so why is he bringing it up.

No, he didn't play, but he "travelled there" and watched the

Sep 30, 2015, 6:50 PM

QB "almost" win it, so that's basically the same thing. ;)

not!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Yep trying too hard

Sep 30, 2015, 6:52 PM

to make a big play could go wrong making it even louder

It will get quiet in Death Valley

Oct 1, 2015, 6:59 AM

After his "big plays" that are interceptions.

The play after the interceptions when the TIGER offense goes back out!

That qualifies as a big play right?

Re: FB Update: Notre Dame QB says making big plays will quiet loud crowd

Sep 29, 2023, 6:53 PM

http://www.stack.com/2014/09/12/loudest-college-football-stadiums/

Dope Cambell ain't got nothing on Memorial Stadium. He'll be a deer in the headlights!!!

Sep 30, 2015, 6:26 PM

I hope we beat that husky record. I think we can. We need to get super loud. I'll be there screaming at the top of my lungs!!!

132.8 decibels has been measured in Cu'S Death Valley, 132.8

Sep 30, 2015, 5:03 PM

Does he have any idea how loud that is? 140 decibels - Even short term exposure can cause permanent hearing damage - Loudest recommended exposure WITH hearing protection.

Hmmmmm.....that sounds alot like a challenge***

Sep 30, 2015, 5:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Yup. Challenge accepted!***

Sep 30, 2015, 5:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2015, 5:04 PM

Seriously, let the kid think what he wants....he's in for a very rude awakening. Be loud, be proud! Go Tigers!

Sep 30, 2015, 5:12 PM

WE'RE GONNA FREAK'N KILL ' EM!
Sorry, just practicing.

Sep 30, 2015, 10:52 PM

Clemson nation stand up if we can get respect for what we've did the last four years and the last three as far as bowls games go Clemson gets no respect we was off last week in still got dropped in the polls believe me the Clemson players knw that no one take us serious hell you can tell that by watching college football live I feel sorry for ND and that 2games in QB Death valley gone eat ?? them alive Clemson nation stay cool nothing to worry about we will get respect after this win Go tigers CU49-ND10

Get tf outta here Re: FB Update: Notre Dame QB says making big plays will quiet loud crowd

Sep 30, 2015, 5:24 PM

ESPN got this young boy thinking he super man but once you hit that field sat night you and ur girl scouts will see this Clemson team is about business the crowd will get in ur head n the Clemson defense will be all in ur a#$

Re: Get tf outta here Re: FB Update: Notre Dame QB says making big plays will quiet loud crowd

Sep 30, 2015, 5:27 PM

Everybody has a plan until they get hit.

Sep 30, 2015, 5:26 PM

Big mouthed punk....

For a second string quarterback

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2015, 5:33 PM

you guys are a really insecure fan base.

Sep 29, 2023, 8:19 PM

when you have won 10+ games for the last 4 years and still don't get the respect you deserve people tend to have a chip on their shoulders.

Sep 30, 2015, 5:39 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Notre Dame QB says making big plays will quiet loud crowd ]

Nah we just don't like when a kid who didn't even play in the fsu game LAST year uses that "experience" to compare it to what he is headed into. It's laughable even you should be able to see that. :)

Sep 30, 2015, 7:10 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Notre Dame QB says making big plays will quiet loud crowd ]

Well, why are you here and not on your own board?

Sep 30, 2015, 5:43 PM

How can you get experience from a game you didn't play in?

Oct 1, 2015, 8:27 AM

One time, he heard a loud noise, so he thinks he is ready to handle it. He really has no idea, and he doesn't even know that he doesn't have any idea.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Big plays by the Clemson defense will also keep THE crowd in

Sep 30, 2015, 5:47 PM

the game and noise loud.

If you thought FSU was loud,

Sep 30, 2015, 6:11 PM

Wait until you get a loada Death Valley. Your insides won't be shaking on 3rd down, they'll be disintegrating. Good luck to you with that, young man.

Keep Talking . . .

Sep 30, 2015, 6:27 PM

then let's see how well you handle it when the Clemson D steps up and lays it on you a few time son!!! You think you have heard loud???? WELCOME TO DEATH VALLEY!!!

Poor kid has no idea what he's about to walk into.

Sep 30, 2015, 6:48 PM

Lmao.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

It sure got quiet when FSU thrashed us a couple years ago.

Sep 30, 2015, 6:53 PM

Same setup...Gameday and we went in trying to break a noise record. I'd say his comment is fairly accurate.

Re: It sure got quiet when FSU thrashed us a couple years ago.

Oct 1, 2015, 12:17 AM

Sadly I have to say I agree with this. I remember far to many threads talking about how Winston had never been in an environment like this. First play of the game, fumble. 1st and 10 FSU inside the 20 and Winston hit for a touchdown like the next play. I pray this will never happen again in Death Valley and that this kid is running for his life a la Major Harris and the crowd is Miami loud!!!!! Go Tigers!!!!!

Re: It sure got quiet when FSU thrashed us a couple years ago.

Oct 1, 2015, 8:31 AM

Tajh looked like a deer in the headlights all night that night. I don't see that happening. I see a different poise with Deshaun. Their QB has no idea.

Sep 30, 2015, 7:10 PM

Let me get this straight, Mr Kizer, the know everything ND QB,who by the way did not not play in the FSU game last year, says he will use the valuable experience he gained at FSU last year to deal with the noise at Death Valley on Saturday night. My question is this, he never took a snap, he was not on the field or line of scrimmage to trying to communicate with his players, so where is the so called valuable experience gained from standing or sitting 10 feet from the sideline with his helmet on the chair in the offense area come from? This QB has no clue about the buzz saw he is about to deal with from the get go. FSU is no where near the decible rating that is generated by a fired up Clemson crowd ! GO TIGERS !!!

Sep 30, 2015, 7:55 PM

He actually sounds like a mature kid. Hopefully will not be like Jameis and have his coming out party in Death Valley. He says the right things, but this will not be Charlottsville. Watching on the sidelines does not prepare you for Death Valley on a Saturday night!

Sep 30, 2015, 11:20 PM

> He actually sounds like a mature kid. Hopefully will
> not be like Jameis and have his coming out party in
> Death Valley. He says the right things, but this will
> not be Charlottsville. Watching on the sidelines does
> not prepare you for Death Valley on a Saturday night!

Jameis won the Heisman, and his team won the natty that year. We turned it over inside of our own 25 yd line on the first 2 O snaps of the game. He had a coming out party against every team he played that year.

Jameis was also the No. Pick in the NFL draft this past year.

Would've liked to seen his performance with us spott8ng them 14 and becoming 1 dimensional by halftime. Probably a much different outcome.

Similar situations, you say? Guess we'll f8nd out if we turn it over twice in 2inutes and spot em 14 c9me Saturday. Unfortunately we'll have to wait quitea bit to see if wins the heisman and natty and ends up the no. 1 pick in the draft.

Wiggins was a Tr Fr that year, as was Kearse. Hall was playing on a knee that needed surgery. Steward on the shelf. Anthony still trying to adapt to the system (early on the season). Shuey was a lightning bolt at MLB. CB was super solid with youngins Jenkins and Peters. Getting their first taste of action. Blanks play8ng out of position at FS out of necessity.

Can't wait to see how this one unfolds. Undefeated in DV vs non-national champions featuring a hesiman winning, future 1st overall pick in the draft, QB.

Oh, and they prepped us for a week longer than we could prep for them.

Sep 30, 2015, 8:12 PM

I can't remember any teams coming into DV that continued to down play or talk down to everything we do at Clemson. They began the second the cameras and the microphones were turned on. Do they really believe they are the Giant slayers of all they come in contact with.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2015, 8:37 AM

He may be a skilled QB, but he seems to be an idiot. He has no idea what he is in for.

Sep 30, 2015, 9:48 PM

CLEMSON noise > FSU noise.... Spot the ball!!!!

Oct 1, 2015, 12:30 AM
image.jpeg(60.0 K)

Oct 1, 2015, 6:18 AM

"Everyone has a plan, 'till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson

Oct 1, 2015, 8:38 AM

Yep!

Oct 1, 2015, 8:30 AM

lol - Kizer is in for a rude awakening. Dis gonna be good.

Oct 1, 2015, 8:38 AM

Yep!

Replies: 55
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic