Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: App St. linebacker thanks Watson for support during tragedy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

New Story: App St. linebacker thanks Watson for support during tragedy

Sep 9, 2015, 12:01 PM

App St. linebacker thanks Watson for support during tragedy

Deshaun Watson will look across the line of scrimmage Saturday and see a familiar face, and while both players will think about football for 60 minutes, the postgame hug will be about more than sportsmanship. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DW4= Class Act. Defines what a Clemson man should be.

Sep 9, 2015, 12:14 PM

I hope other young men see him leading by example. He's such a great role model. He's exactly what college sports needs.

Re: DW4= Class Act. Defines what a Clemson man should be.

Sep 9, 2015, 12:26 PM

Agreed, I really liked how genuine it was as well. There are a lot of things that players/celebs do as a PR stunt, but you could really tell he was sincere.

Re: DW4= Class Act. Defines what a Clemson man should be.

Sep 9, 2015, 6:52 PM [ in reply to DW4= Class Act. Defines what a Clemson man should be. ]

He is a special young man...we lift his friend up in prayer for the loss of his child.

Insight into Watsons Game

Sep 9, 2015, 12:22 PM

What actually goes through a defenders head while stacking up against DW4? This is how I see it going down...

First you need to analyze what DW4 is great at in each given situation. After reviewing your list in your head, you realize that it is too long to go through on the fly...

OK, lets make a new list eliminating what this "kid" can't do...

Crap, we're screwed!

Defenders new game strategy: Do everything in my power to not be "that guy" in DW4's highlight reel.

Very tough losing a child...

Sep 9, 2015, 12:36 PM

condolences to the Stringers.....good that Deshaun can see beyond the game that his friend is hurting

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: App St. linebacker thanks Watson for support during tragedy

Sep 9, 2015, 12:47 PM

Both Devan Stringer and Deshaun Watson are why those of us who donate to our respective booster clubs do so ... student-athletes who are just plain good folks. Would that all athletes could see the broader picture as these two do.

Very true!***

Sep 9, 2015, 12:49 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2015, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: App St. linebacker thanks Watson for support during tragedy ]

Thanks for coming on here! We always welcome our game opponents to post. For me, I am truly sorry that Devan and his Family have to deal with this tragedy.

As I posted earlier this week, I will wear something Black and Gold with Noelle Marie's initials on me--NMS. Just a reminder that there ARE more important things than just a football game.

Have a great time in Tigertown!!!!

Ron W.

Sep 9, 2015, 1:05 PM

Thanks! We'll be tailgating before and after the game with dear friends who bleed orange. I'm looking forward to all that is good about rivalries and football and family and college ... all at the same time.

Thanks, too, for the kind thoughts for Devan and his family. I have two healthy grandchildren and cannot imagine the sort of pain he's in.

Sep 9, 2015, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: App St. linebacker thanks Watson for support during tragedy ]

Prayers for Devan, Noelle, family and friends.

Sep 9, 2015, 9:31 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: App St. linebacker thanks Watson for support during tragedy ]

Peace and grace to Devan and his family. We all should be proud of these two special young men.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic