Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Venables ranked #4 on ESPN's coordinators to watch for 2015
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

FB Update: Venables ranked #4 on ESPN's coordinators to watch for 2015

Sep 2, 2015, 7:24 PM

Venables ranked #4 on ESPN's coordinators to watch for 2015

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, you can't have him***

Sep 2, 2015, 7:47 PM

Re: Well, you can't have him***

Sep 2, 2015, 8:05 PM

Not sure he really wants to be a HC anyhow. He doesn't Play The Game the way, say, Chad Morris did. Nothing wrong with ambition, but Venables, according to many, has very little stomach for politics and self-promotion, things that modern college coaches almost have to have. He only left Oklahoma because Bob Stoops was dumb enough to try to bring his brother Mike back in and try to shoehorn Venables back into a "co-OC" slot. Dabo saw the low-hanging fruit and pounced.

K-State might come in for him after Schneider retires, I suppose, but I've also heard Schneider really wants to turn the program over to his son, too, so they may not.

Sep 2, 2015, 8:05 PM

Sorry, make that "co-DC" slot.

Great post as always, Q

Sep 2, 2015, 8:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Well, you can't have him*** ]

I'm gonna love BV as long as we have him. He's a player's coach. As far as I'm concerned they can keep raising my IPTAY dues as long as he sticks around.

Well, within reason.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Sep 2, 2015, 9:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Well, you can't have him*** ]

I agree with everything you said. Up until last year I was convinced that we only had BV until Snyder retires.....again. But everything I hear, like you said, he is grooming his son to take over. Good luck with that. I've never seen that work out very well (I'm looking at you Skippy Holtz).
I don't even think that $ is the biggest issue with BV. I think it's the proper environment and Dabo has created and is fostering that here at Clemson for BV. I honestly think that we have a good shot at keeping him around for far longer than the so called experts think. I think that these hills may have a hold on BV already.

Now That Right There

Sep 2, 2015, 9:00 PM

Is funny. I'd like to know the 3 who are better. Nobody has done more with the talent level he inherited than BV. He took a kevin Steele train wreck and put it back on the tracks and made a rocketship on rails out of it. These biases just get more and more ridiculous.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's made a name for himself.

Sep 3, 2015, 9:30 AM

Undoubtedly, he fits the Clemson profile as a coach. He's straightforward and seems to appreciate the academic standard and player discipline that our University demands.

If he wants to remain a defensive coordinator I see no reason for him to make a lateral move. If he wants a raise there's one after every season coming, IMO.

If he wants a HCing job all he has to do is handle his job well enough to make Dabo attractive to Bama around the time Saban retires. Anyone who thinks a couple of playoff appearances won't make Dabo a want for every vacancy is just wrong. Right now BV would be my first choice to replace Dabo if this happens.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

esecpn spin....

Sep 3, 2015, 10:32 AM

"The Tigers were No. 1 in yards per play a year ago"

The Tigers were the #1 defense in all of college football last year....not just in yards per play....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic