Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Overton caught in the middle of "Wide Receiver U" battle
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

New Story: Overton caught in the middle of "Wide Receiver U" battle

Jul 26, 2015, 8:01 AM

Overton caught in the middle of "Wide Receiver U" battle

The last time Tennessee and Clemson went head-to-head on the gridiron, the Tigers claimed a 27-14 victory over the Volunteers in the 2004 Peach Bowl in Atlanta. Now the two schools are going head-to-head for several recruits, including wide receiver Diondre Overton. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Overton caught in the middle of "Wide Receiver U" battle

Jul 26, 2015, 8:11 AM
Cu Image.jpg(102.8 K)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

It all comes down to a choice between

Jul 26, 2015, 8:16 AM

what is and what might be.

Clemson is putting quality WRs in the NFL. Tenn might at some point in the future. Maybe

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

to the east--usuck who signs 30 + players per year and to

Jul 26, 2015, 8:45 AM

the west--tennessee who has become infamous for oversigning far in excess of 30 recruits per year......

the NCAA rule is 28 players per recruiting season. the SEC "rule" (chuckle) is 25 players per year.....

now, we get word that Tennessee will be amongst the highest paying stipend schools in the country....TENNESSEE!!!!!!! along with two other bastions of intellectual pursuit: 'Bama & Auburn.

despite the perfidy in chapelhole, the SEC remains the sleaziest conference in the US

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: to the east--usuck who signs 30 + players per year and to

Jul 26, 2015, 8:53 AM

I would not be surprised to see us and other schools lose recruits because of the stipend. If Tenn is paying 1500 more than CU, I can see some going there because to an 18 year old that is a lot of money.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Should come down to the status of a few other positions...

Jul 26, 2015, 9:06 AM

What is the outlook at QB, OL, and RB? These are important factors in a successful WR career. Clemson's consistent offensive performance should be well established by the time this man embarks on his collegiate journey.

"I don't know what's really different about them.".

Jul 26, 2015, 10:01 AM

How about arrest rate.

Re: "I don't know what's really different about them.".

Jul 26, 2015, 10:27 AM

Or graduation rate ?

RPI ?

DB23

We lead for sure this year, but historically

Jul 26, 2015, 10:34 AM [ in reply to "I don't know what's really different about them.". ]

UT probably leads

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "I don't know what's really different about them.".

Jul 26, 2015, 10:43 AM [ in reply to "I don't know what's really different about them.". ]

Xavier Kelly and his Dad should share their Recipe for looking for and finding the differences in the schools they are looking at.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's a difference, one is cool and the other is a PoFolks

Jul 26, 2015, 10:36 AM

tablecloth. Cracker Barrel for the younger demo out there:)

Re: There's a difference, one is cool and the other is a PoFolks

Jul 26, 2015, 10:50 AM

LOL , i waited tables at the last PoFolks in Charleston back in 90'/91' . It was out on Rivers Ave , next to the old Pizza Inn .
Ahh , good times .

DB23

Re: There's a difference, one is cool and the other is a PoFolks

Jul 27, 2015, 7:37 AM

Ha... I remember that one! Right by Stardust Skating Rink

We need to schedule Tenn, it wouldn't even be close

Jul 26, 2015, 11:07 AM

Our WR would have a field day. Our DBs would embarrass theirs. Tennessee may call themselves WRU but they have nothing to back it up.

Re: We need to schedule Tenn, it wouldn't even be close

Jul 26, 2015, 12:27 PM

Tennessee doesn't want any of us. They are too skeered. I may deeply loathe Auburn but I do give them credit for scheduling home-and-homes with us. Hey Vols, when the two of you play your sweet little game this season, tell the Sooners we'll try to take it easy on them next time, but until further notice, they're our bitxhes. We're even taking recruits out of their backyard now.

Re: We need to schedule Tenn, it wouldn't even be close

Jul 26, 2015, 1:39 PM

we'd expect home and home and they would never go for that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It will come down to...

Jul 26, 2015, 12:54 PM

Tenn constantly selling "SEC this" and "SEC that" while Clemson will sell Clemson. If he doesn't fall for the SEC overhype machine then he'll be a tiger.

Sometimes...

Jul 26, 2015, 2:49 PM

there are good players you will be ok without, ^ this might be 1.

either or....

:D

so Tennessee is our new ole miss?***

Jul 26, 2015, 2:50 PM

The next?

Jul 26, 2015, 2:52 PM

Kenya Crooks?

:)

Who's throwing to WR at Tennessee?

Jul 26, 2015, 8:06 PM

It ain't DW4, Kelly Bryant, or Z Cooper. If you think Tenneessee is WRU, then you assume their QB play will be better than ours. It won't and that's a fact. You can develop a WR all day but he can't be drafted with no highlights.

Message was edited by: cutigersJD®

Re: Who's throwing to WR at Tennessee?

Jul 27, 2015, 12:38 AM

If I recall correctly, they played an effdctive freshman QB last season... or was that Kentucky? I remember a young, dual-threat QB beat the chickens in with dramatic comeback shortly prior to the Palmetto Bowl rout.

Apologies for the poor spelling and grammer.

Jul 27, 2015, 12:43 AM

I don't know how to edit a published post and this phone is not always easy to operate.

I really just don't see why any recruit would choose Tenn over

Jul 27, 2015, 12:48 AM

Us, at least at this point in time. They are enjoying 6 or 7 win seasons while we are enjoying 4 straight 10 win seasons. How many games have they won in their conference the past few yrs? 2 or 3? When is the last time they won a.conference title? Last time we won is in 2011. What about a BCS bowl game? Well we just won the Orange bowl in 2013. What about there QB situation? they might have a good qb, idk ,but is he as good as DW, Kelly Bryant or Zerrick Cooper? Highly doubt it. Ive been to the Tenn stadium once and imo, it is no where near as nice as death valley. Maybe its just because im a Clemson fan but i would have to think Clemson is the safer bet to win championships, make it into the NFL and get your degree.

why Overton may lean towards pale orange

Jul 27, 2015, 7:21 AM

While I am not familiar with their roster, there's no way they can be as deep at WR as we are. Probably have a chance to start faster

Re: why Overton may lean towards pale orange

Jul 27, 2015, 7:43 AM

WR depth shouldn't be a factor if you think about it. If this kid is as good as he is supposed to be, depth will help him on the field. There will be less double/triple coverage when every receiver on the field is a 4-5 star.

Re: New Story: Overton caught in the middle of "Wide Receiver U" battle

Jul 27, 2015, 7:35 AM
image.jpg(122.4 K)

7 analysts have him going to Clemson at this point. Not 1 is predicting him to TN....interesting. Hope they are right!

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic