Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Caldwell on the young OL: "They want to bury you in the dirt"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

New Story: Caldwell on the young OL: "They want to bury you in the dirt"

Jul 20, 2015, 7:01 AM

Caldwell on the young OL: "They want to bury you in the dirt"

Offensive line coach Robbie Caldwell has plenty of talent on hand this season, but that talents lack experience. What they lack in experience, however, they more than make up with a nasty demeanor. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Caldwell on the young OL: "They want to bury you in the dirt"

Jul 20, 2015, 7:28 AM

What about Taylor Hearn???

Taylor

Jul 20, 2015, 7:52 AM

Taylor will play this year...IMO i think he may be one of the bigger surprises on the OL by the end of the season...you can tell he has put in work over the summer bc in the spring game he looked alot bigger and stronger... i thought he was one of the better OL in the spring game. I think where he played high school ball he was just the biggest and best athlete on the field every night and i think he just had to get stronger.

Re: Taylor

Jul 20, 2015, 9:07 AM

I hope that he will at least be some sort of a surprise early on, even if it's small before the end of the season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Young Olinemen wanting to bury defenders in the dirt.

Jul 20, 2015, 7:53 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Caldwell on the young OL: "They want to bury you in the dirt" ]

No need for any salt or pepper with all that red meat that got thrown at us.

Re: Mavrick Morris

Jul 20, 2015, 8:35 AM

I was wondering how he is doing. There were good comments last year about his progress, but then nothing for a while. He is from my area, and he was getting some mention last season in subtle remarks from Caldwell, but then nothing. I believe he will be an asset. Glad he still has the confidence of his coach. He has an All-American name.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2015, 8:45 AM

How much is this just coach speak? From the way it sounds, it seems like we have no issues on the line at all and we have a solid 2 deep. There was literally nothing said negative about anyone on the o-line.

I do have a lot less worries than many about the o-line, but I just cant believe everything is going as well as we are hearing...

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2015, 9:13 AM

I'm sure there is a lot of coach speak in there but would rather see that than the coach throwing his players under the bus like that coach in the midlands. We have talent experience is the only negative. I'm sure the line will go through some growing pains but I think they will be ok by games end. GO TIGERS!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You serious Clark?***

Jul 20, 2015, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Caldwell on the young OL: "They want to bury you in the dirt" ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Jul 20, 2015, 8:59 AM

The only way we will know for.sure is when pre season practice.starts. The staff has had limited contact with them during the summer. But, if I was a betting man, I think that the O Line will be greatly imoved from last season. With the incoming Freshmen and the returning players, the O Line will be mean, fast and down right ugly with a purpose. Their main mission will be to put who ever they line up against flat on their keister. Protecting DW and opening holes for the run game will be their main objective and I think it will be sucessful. Got 2 games to start that will give the Coaching Staff what they need to see for the right mix as far as starters. SNAP THE BALL AND LET'S GET STARTED ! GO TIGERS !!!

Jul 20, 2015, 4:41 PM

I agree... we need to give these kids time to grow...lets support them and be there for them each week. I'm ready...hope all will give these kids a chance before they start the negative talk. Go Tigers...we're "ALL IN"...

Jul 20, 2015, 10:23 AM

No mention of Noah Green, what's going on with him?

FAIRWOODTIGER 67

I was wondering about Noah

Jul 21, 2015, 3:25 AM

Green as well. I think he will surprise a lot of people.

I'm just NOT drinking that kool aid..........yet***

Jul 20, 2015, 3:19 PM

I think our Oline will improve but

Jul 21, 2015, 9:16 AM

I think next year is when we are going to start seeing a dominant offensive line

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic