Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Elite OL has Clemson in top three as decision nears
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

New Story: Elite OL has Clemson in top three as decision nears

Jul 19, 2015, 1:41 PM

Elite OL has Clemson in top three as decision nears

Bryce Mathews didn’t make his first visit to Clemson until April, but as his recruitment begins to wind down the Tigers are firmly planted in his top three. What stood out about Friday's visit? Where do the Tigers stand? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Elite OL has Clemson in top three as decision nears

Jul 19, 2015, 1:55 PM

I have to believe we are in the best shape with this young man after the comments he made. His beliefs seem very important to him. If that really is the case, he can do no better than Clemson. I hope he follows his heart and the things he values most in life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2015, 1:58 PM

As of right now, I see him coming to Clemson. Great work by our coaches here to get back in it after Tennessee and Texas A&M led most of the way.

Jul 19, 2015, 10:37 PM

Nobody does it better than we do! (nobody who abides by NCAA rules, that is)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2015, 4:47 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Elite OL has Clemson in top three as decision nears ]

This young man is the type of player we need....I just hope he will decide Clemson is where he will go. He looks like a Tiger to me...big...strong and teachable. A personal message to this young man...we need you...come on down to Tiger Town and experience the Clemson Tiger fever...GO!!!!!!!!!! Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is he a 3 star by espn and a 4 star by everybody else?

Jul 19, 2015, 2:03 PM

To me from looking at his film I don't see how he couldn't be a 4-5 star. He looks as good as anybody I have seen coming out of High School. Has he already peaked or has he not been to enough camps?

I will be real happy if he decides to be a tiger. He blocks great, like a road graver. He has quick feet pulling. I wish I understood how they rate him unless they consider the teams he's going against as not as good.

I hope he commits and if he does do we still go after Simpson?

The guys we go after on OL are much better than just a few years ago. I think that is what will keep us good for years to come. It seems like we could get skill guys but lacked OL and DL. I'm glad we have established a new standard. We are getting spoiled. Lol

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

At least every site isn't in lockstep about ratings

Jul 19, 2015, 2:07 PM

But ESPN is usually closer to my opinion than most of the others. Scout is just crazy at times. But if everyone agreed, why have more than one rating?

Really the star system is kind of a joke. For D Watson to not get 5 stars just because there were 32+ other players that year that people who rate thought were better is kind of silly. Especially if he proves to be the best QB from that class and even more if he gets the Heisman.

Re: Why is he a 3 star by espn and a 4 star by everybody else?

Jul 19, 2015, 4:53 PM [ in reply to Why is he a 3 star by espn and a 4 star by everybody else? ]

Simpson is a definite take regardless

Re: Why is he a 3 star by espn and a 4 star by everybody else?

Jul 20, 2015, 8:34 AM [ in reply to Why is he a 3 star by espn and a 4 star by everybody else? ]

Lack on DL line? I hope that was a typo Mr Expert who should be head coach because he knows football so much better than everyone else.

uh-oh.....FFRF isn't gonna like this!!! ;-)

Jul 20, 2015, 12:12 PM

A little too "Christ-ish" for their liking.
they'll surely claim that Dabo & staff forced Jesus on our players & recruits.....
because people don't have the right to make up their own minds & believe what they want to of course (that's the way it seems we're going with all the media hoopla & censorship, & attacking of just good ol' God-fearing folks with some type of moral atandards).

Hold onto your principles, morals, accountability, & faith fellas! For we are all being tested as a people, nation, university, & team!!!

Keep up the excellent work coaches!
Remember, Clemson is God's Country....do keep doing his good work ;)

Go Tigers!

Message was edited by: jbthe1tiger99®

Pulling him from TN would be huge

Jul 19, 2015, 2:41 PM

Say what you want about Tennessee, but their program is back on the rise and even at their worst still kept a good portion of in-state talent. Clemson and Tennessee are two very different experiences. Hopefully the environment and academics at Clemson will win out over the proximity and SECness of Tennessee. If he ends up choosing Tennessee, then best of luck to him. I hope he's a Tiger. I don't think he's going to Ole Miss, but I do believe he feels it is close between Ole Miss and whoever is his second favorite. I think he knows in his mind which way he wants to go already but is trying to make sure of his decision. My gut says Tennessee leads, but I do like that we were his last visit. I wish he had mentioned a connection with Jay Guillermo - he's a Tennessee kid and at least was a very good recruiter for us... not sure if that's still the case or not since his sabbatical.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A few years of pulling in over 30 guys per class

Jul 19, 2015, 4:17 PM

makes it easier to find some good talent. The real proof for them may be finding the right O linemen. If I'm correct there isn't one who started last year who starts this year. Some of this year's starters have snaps under their belt for sure, though.

I'll believe they are on the rise when they handle Oklahoma early in the season. And Florida in Gainesville. Of course if they win 7 or 8 games that maybe is a "rise" for them anyway. After all, they got a bowl with a 6-6 record last year, didn't they?

Re: A few years of pulling in over 30 guys per class

Jul 19, 2015, 4:37 PM

They'll beat the coots...that's all I care about when it comes to Tennessee. I'm pulling for them and every other $EC East team in that regard. This kid looks like a winner, and he fits the Clemson mold. Definitely not the mold of the type of program Butch Jones is running at Tennessee.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we NEED this guy bad!!!! Come to Tiger Town Big Man!!***

Jul 19, 2015, 7:31 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

The FFRF isn't going to like this. ..

Jul 19, 2015, 7:45 PM

I thought a Christ-like atmosphere was suppose to be a negative. I'm glad we gave the right people with the right priorities running the football program.

Yup. He said the C-word. Rut row :)***

Jul 20, 2015, 2:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Jul 19, 2015, 7:58 PM

I think Bryce will go with his heart instead of listening to friends that would want him to stay in TN. Too much smarts not to go with his instincts.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic