Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Terms of Monte Lee's contract released, including buyout clauses
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

New Story: Terms of Monte Lee's contract released, including buyout clauses

Jul 7, 2015, 3:05 PM

Terms of Monte Lee's contract released, including buyout clauses

Clemson University released the terms of new head baseball coach Monte Lee’s contract Tuesday afternoon, a contract that will run through 2020. What are the details? How much does Lee earn per win in the post-season?
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll never understand the incentive plans for these coaches.

Jul 7, 2015, 3:12 PM

If you're making a $350,000 base, is a $5,000-$10,000 bonus significant? If you want to monetarily incentivize someone, the dollar amount needs to be better than this.

Re: I'll never understand the incentive plans for these coaches.

Jul 7, 2015, 3:40 PM

Well if they go and win the CWS he will likely hit all of those bonuses and receive up to 200k. I agree each individual bonus is insignificant but they can add up quick and besides I'd rather him not be rewarded for having an successful season.

$5k is a lot no matter what your 'salary' is.***

Jul 7, 2015, 10:42 PM [ in reply to I'll never understand the incentive plans for these coaches. ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

With all due respect, no it's not.

Jul 8, 2015, 9:23 AM

$5,000 would be about a 1.5% bump in annual pay. After taxes, that $5,000 is probably closer to $2,500 or less at that tax bracket. Succeeding would require more work for the coach. It's a negligible amount of money for more travel and more work. I wouldn't be motivated if I was offered a 0.75% increase in pay for more work and more travel. I'd rather go play golf or have sex with prostitutes with the money I already earned.

Re: New Story: Terms of Monte Lee's contract released, including buyout clauses

Jul 7, 2015, 3:15 PM

I assume it is basically an extra week of coaching/number of games amortized out PLUS a bump for winning.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

So, When Holbrook is fired next season we get $450,000 ?***

Jul 7, 2015, 3:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, When Holbrook is fired next season we get $450,000 ?***

Jul 7, 2015, 3:29 PM

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought we would pay Lee more than proposed .....seems a

Jul 7, 2015, 3:49 PM

Bit on the cheap.??? Thoughts? Again.,, just a bit surprised.
Go Tigers !!!!!
RR

Re: I thought we would pay Lee more than proposed .....seems a

Jul 7, 2015, 4:01 PM

A good initial contract for Monte. Quite a bump in pay over what he had at CofC. And I like the incentive clauses and the opportunity to be rewarded for winning & for winning big time.

Remember, too, we have to pay Jack for his final year of his contract.

I like this new guy and he has a great family who's happy to be at Clemson. Hope he's our head coach for a long time!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 7, 2015, 9:28 PM

Really not concerned nor even considering Jack's deal. I think this is a contract with great extra incentives for great performance, good extra incentives for good performance, and blase' for blase' performance, which I hope we don't see (nor do I expect to see). I think this package will quickly rise due to performance, and if he wins big, he will reap big time compensation. I predict he rises fast, has great success, and he loves it at Clemson and stays a long time. I like this hire! JMO

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 7, 2015, 4:03 PM [ in reply to I thought we would pay Lee more than proposed .....seems a ]

SO, DOUBLING A GUYS SALARY IS A BIT ON THE CHEAP HUH. WHO KNEW.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The potential to make 550k is good for a baseball coach

Jul 7, 2015, 4:26 PM [ in reply to I thought we would pay Lee more than proposed .....seems a ]

reasonable bonuses as well

Jul 7, 2015, 4:31 PM [ in reply to I thought we would pay Lee more than proposed .....seems a ]

Since this what was signed, it's only common sense that the original number was lower. He could have easily walked away but ultimately made the right decision and probably negotiated up. Reality of business, more times than not, associates are paid what they will accept vs. their true value to the organization.

Seems to me that you want to start any employee at...

Jul 7, 2015, 7:06 PM [ in reply to I thought we would pay Lee more than proposed .....seems a ]

a salary that leaves room for future raises. I don't think anyone wants to start at a salary where they know they are not going to get a raise for four or five years. When he proves himself, I suspect that his salary will increase as his contract is extended.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It;s middle of the pack

Jul 7, 2015, 7:22 PM [ in reply to I thought we would pay Lee more than proposed .....seems a ]

in the ACC and also would be in the SEC. Not too bad of a first contract for a coach who just moved up to a major program.

Re: You subsidize the difference being paid and what you

Jul 7, 2015, 10:05 PM [ in reply to I thought we would pay Lee more than proposed .....seems a ]

think he should make. No one will complain. Remember that we still have to pay Leggett. Money does not grow on tress. If Monte produces, he will be well compensated.

I am ok with the contract, but there needs to be a million

Jul 7, 2015, 9:35 PM

dollar buyout to leave for the coots. Plain and simple.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic