Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Basketball Recruiting Update: Clemson offers 3-star PF
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Basketball Recruiting Update: Clemson offers 3-star PF

Apr 15, 2015, 10:13 AM

Clemson offers 3-star PF

Read Update »

Message was edited by: TigerNet Recruiting®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson offers 3-star PF

Apr 15, 2015, 10:16 AM

See here is the problem- giving a hoops guy a football offer

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A 3-star PF...in football ?!?!?!***

Apr 15, 2015, 10:18 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

"He can guard multiple positions on the defensive end and

Apr 15, 2015, 11:36 AM

runs the floor well at the forward position."

Sigh.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: "He can guard multiple positions on the defensive end and

Apr 15, 2015, 11:38 AM

and here comes the hate crew.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

They never really went away***

Apr 15, 2015, 5:55 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's actually a good thing in basketball

Apr 15, 2015, 11:42 AM [ in reply to "He can guard multiple positions on the defensive end and ]

Take a look at his offer list. It includes teams like Xavier and Texas, among others. Yeah, I'm sure he can't play.

Oh, it's a great thing, but not nearly enough.

Apr 15, 2015, 1:10 PM

And Landry Nnoko had offers from Florida, Georgetown, and Louisville. Jitte reportedly chose us over Memphis and Cinci, so I wouldn't give much weight to that.

Clemson has had players that fit the "good defender, runs the floor well" description for ages; it's the prototypical Clemson player. It's downright comical. Yes, you need those players, but if you don't have anybody that can throw it in the ocean from the shore, then it doesn't matter.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Didn't see where it said anything about his shooting

Apr 15, 2015, 2:56 PM

Other than he has a nice midrange game. I'm not sure you need your center/power forward to also be an excellent shooter. In fact, finding a 6'9 PF/c who can shoot, basically means Clemson just landed a 5* player. Sure, it would be super awesome if that happened, but I'm not holding my breath. It sounds like you want another Milton Jennings. I mean sure, he wasn't very athletic, but he was an excellent shooter for his size.

Message was edited by: drewtigeralum03®

I want a guy that is a good shooter, has offensive

Apr 15, 2015, 3:51 PM

skills, and has enough athleticism to be effective in other phases of the game. I want, no, we need better players than we are accustomed to getting. This guy may or may not be that, who knows, but he doesn't appear to be that guy based on the description; rather he sounds exactly like the prototypical Clemson basketball player.

- H. L. Mencken

Why would a 6-9 guy who can shoot even want to come play for

Apr 15, 2015, 5:58 PM

us? Why wouldn't he go to a good team?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know that he would, but if we can't figure out a way

Apr 15, 2015, 6:21 PM

attract better players and be seriously competitive, then we should, with all seriousness, just publicly admit that we don't give a crap about our basketball program, forget about rebuilding Littlejohn, and put a monument there for all who so bravely and loyally suffered through the mediocrity that has been Clemson basketball. I think that is all #########, however, as are all of the insane excuses at to why we just can't have and sustain a good basketball program.

- H. L. Mencken

Why did Donte Grantham and Tye Hudson become Tigers?

Apr 15, 2015, 6:28 PM

They both had other offers. Same with Nnoko, Robertin, Blossomgame, etc.

Recruiting in the last 2 years has actually been going pretty well.

I think Clemson has plenty to offer young athletes. The only

Apr 15, 2015, 6:54 PM

thing we lack is a strong, winning tradition (for basketball). The new facilities should help a lot, but we still gotta sell what's special about Clemson and work around the lack of tradition. Recruiting has been marginally better, but it's got to get another notch or two better to get where we need to be, and I believe it can.

- H. L. Mencken

His shooting will develop once he gets to Clemson and we

Apr 15, 2015, 11:51 AM [ in reply to "He can guard multiple positions on the defensive end and ]

can redshirt him. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: His shooting will develop once he gets to Clemson and we

Apr 15, 2015, 11:57 AM

Your title sentence contains words at the beginning that have probably never been used together

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: His shooting will develop once he gets to Clemson and we

Apr 15, 2015, 12:13 PM [ in reply to His shooting will develop once he gets to Clemson and we ]

You were proven just how FOS that statement was in the previous thread and now you are trying to post it again.

null

You don't think the redshirt year will help?

Apr 15, 2015, 12:46 PM

You're not going to cry are you?

LOL!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, of course it will - it always does.***

Apr 15, 2015, 12:46 PM [ in reply to His shooting will develop once he gets to Clemson and we ]

- H. L. Mencken

Re: Basketball Recruiting Update: Clemson offers 3-star PF

Apr 15, 2015, 12:40 PM

We won't get him. Sorry our staff needs to improve their recruiting.

Apr 15, 2015, 12:43 PM

yawn

null

Similar offer list as Hudson and Grantham

Apr 15, 2015, 12:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Basketball Recruiting Update: Clemson offers 3-star PF ]

Last I checked, we got them.

Apr 15, 2015, 1:28 PM

Why did we not recruit the kid from travelers rest hs? He 63 pg that can shoot the lights out. He going to furman ??

Apr 15, 2015, 2:10 PM

I cant find an offer list on the guy at all.

He isnt even listed on 24/7 sports....

null

Apr 15, 2015, 2:12 PM

READING IS FUNDAMENTAL. LOL

Javin DeLaurier - PF
Height: 6-9 Weight: 205 Hometown: Charlottesville, VA (St. Anne's Belfield HS) Class: 2016
ESPN: Rivals: Scout: 24/7:
NA NA #149 Overall, #35 PF, #10 VA, 88 Grade
Clemson has offered 3-star 2016 power forward Javin Montgomery-Delaurier on Tuesday according to multiple sources.

Montgomery-Delaurier has offers from Cincinnati, Clemson, George Washington, Hampton, Kansas State, Mt. Saint Mary's, Old Dominion, Princeton, Rice, Texas, Richmond, Vanderbilt, VCU, Virginia Tech, Xavier and others.

He can guard multiple positions on the defensive end and runs the floor well for the forward position. He also has a nice mid-range jumper and good passing skills.

His high school team lost in the quarterfinals of the VISAA Div. II State Tournament.

That nice mid range jumper part is obviously

Apr 15, 2015, 2:53 PM

written in invisible ink ??

Apr 15, 2015, 3:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Basketball Recruiting Update: Clemson offers 3-star PF ]

You are correct it is fundamental...for instance if you could read you would be able to see I was replying to armsb about the kid from Travelers Rest. He is the offer sheet that is missing.

I hope that helps...

null

I thought it was just me.***

Apr 15, 2015, 3:52 PM

- H. L. Mencken

Apr 16, 2015, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Basketball Recruiting Update: Clemson offers 3-star PF ]

He got sick his jr. year maybe that's why. He and the kid from wade hampton can play.

I don't think Clemson ever came to watch either

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic