Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BKB Update: Clemson included in latest NCAA "Dance Card"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

BKB Update: Clemson included in latest NCAA "Dance Card"

Feb 16, 2015, 9:20 AM

Clemson included in latest NCAA "Dance Card"

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BKB Update: Clemson included in latest NCAA "Dance Card"

Feb 16, 2015, 9:23 AM

This may be a little far-fetched. Don't see how we could be projected IN as of right now.

With that said, also don't get why we aren't being talked about at least a tiny bit for being on the bubble or under consideration for the bubble. Oh well, let's win tonight and see what happens.

That's the key - win and we should be in the dance.

Feb 16, 2015, 9:26 AM

A great ending to a season that has seen a lot of players grow up and show what they can do.

Because, I beleive the team has only one RPI top 50 win

Feb 16, 2015, 3:33 PM [ in reply to Re: BKB Update: Clemson included in latest NCAA "Dance Card" ]

that's not so hot, and it has three "bad" losses. And with no signature win to hang their hat on, on selection Sunday, they dont have the resume quality to stand up and get in.

Re: Because, I beleive the team has only one RPI top 50 win

Feb 16, 2015, 4:21 PM

You are a #### loving chicken fan and are not fooling anyone.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

We really need to beat Notre Dame***

Feb 16, 2015, 9:30 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

They need 5/6 and 2 wins in the ACC Tourney.

Feb 16, 2015, 10:27 AM

There are a lot of early season gaffes to overcome.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2015, 9:41 AM

Need to go 4-1 down the stretch and 2-1 in the ACCT IMO.

That would put us at 21-12

null

Feb 16, 2015, 10:27 AM

If I understand this right, we have a 10 game winning streak against an ACC team? That is awesome!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is mean. There is no way guys.

Feb 16, 2015, 11:37 AM

Had we not lost to Winthrop and Gardner Webb, we would have a shot.(Our record would be 17-8) Had we not also lost to Rutgers and the Coots, we would have a great shot. (our record would be 19-6) But unless we win 5 of our last 6 and take one or two in the tourney, (and finish 21/22-12) we are not dancing.

Our non-conf performance killed us. Not trying to be negative, I like this team, and support our coaching staff... but we do not have a good shot at the tourney at this moment. Winning 5 of 6 is going to be extremely difficult.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is mean. There is no way guys.

Feb 16, 2015, 11:46 AM

You shuold at least know how many games we have left before trying to tell others what to think.

HTH.

null

^^^this guys on a mission^^^^***

Feb 16, 2015, 11:49 AM

We have 6 games left, at least. We need to win 5 of them.

Feb 16, 2015, 11:54 AM [ in reply to Re: This is mean. There is no way guys. ]

If we win the 6th game, we get another.

Re: We have 6 games left, at least. We need to win 5 of them.

Feb 16, 2015, 12:21 PM

lol that is not what you said in your post. You made the tournament a completely separate entity by saying "and take one or two in the tourney" "AND" being the key word.

Nice back track attempt though.

null

^^^watch him go^^^

Feb 16, 2015, 12:38 PM

proving something to yourself can be a good thing. Often gives the weak hope.

what exactly are you trying to prove again...lol

Re: ^^^watch him go^^^

Feb 16, 2015, 12:40 PM

sweet I have picked up another little follower. I guess me proving you wrong in another thread hurt your feelings to the point where you have taken up stalking.

null

not following you

Feb 16, 2015, 12:42 PM

but I can see that a person with low self-esteem would crave that. you do know that you are plastering the same ideas on every thread, which is fine, just do not resort to name calling like before

Re: not following you

Feb 16, 2015, 12:44 PM

TIL 2 threads = every thread....

You seem pretty upset right now I am sorry for informing you that we dont have to win the ACCT to make the dance.

null

OK***

Feb 16, 2015, 12:45 PM

Sorta odd that you are pursuing this, but since I'll admit

Feb 16, 2015, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Re: We have 6 games left, at least. We need to win 5 of them. ]

it's fun for me to discuss such things I will oblige.

First of all, there is no reason for me to deny being wrong about one game. It would have no bearing on the legitimacy of my point. Plenty of other factors do, like me being a message board poster, but not my OP. This is not about defending my original point, this is about pointing out irony.

There is nothing in my original post that implies I separated winning 5 out of 6 and winning two tourney games. Just because I used the word "and" does not mean the two can't overlap.

Fact: We have exactly 6 guaranteed games remaining. I never contradicted that. I never said "regular season." You assumed that is what I meant based on how you read it.

Fact: Regardless of whether or not one of those victories is the first round of the ACCT, I maintain that winning 5 of those 6 are needed. (If we beat Duke and win out, I don't think a tourny loss will knock us out.)

Fact: Because winning 5 of 6 COULD include an additional game, I thought I needed to bring up that scenario as well.

I could have worded it differently (I didn't want to) but I maintain we need to win 5 of our last 6, either winning out the regular season and not worrying about the tourney, or winning 4 of 5 regular season and needing an additional win... which is why I said one OR two wins. Depending on who we beat and who we lose too, and by what fashion, 2 tourney victories might be needed. That was so much more long-winded, I decided to take the shortcut and say... "and."

You may have taken my words to mean something in particular, but I have not contradicted myself. So, now you can move on to the next obscure thing to nitpick.

Re: Sorta odd that you are pursuing this, but since I'll admit

Feb 16, 2015, 2:34 PM

I feel like winning 20 games, in any reasonable combination, and we're in. Go 4-1, and win 1 in the ACC Tourney, and I feel were in. Go 3-2, and win 2 ACC Tourney games, and I feel were in. Go 5-0, and lose in the first round of the ACCT, and I think we squeeze in.

I think that reason why we are mentioned....

Feb 16, 2015, 12:09 PM [ in reply to This is mean. There is no way guys. ]

Is simply because some outlets think that the ACC is going to get a minimum of 6 teams into the dance. We know who 5 of them are. The 6th team (and perhaps 7 are up for grabs). Clemson, Pitt, Miami and NCSU are the teams vying for that spot (since Syracuse has taken themselves out). A winning conference record at 10-8 (or 11-7) is going to set one of these teams apart. And we seem to be in decent position to at least give that a run. Of course we have left no margin for error, but the other teams are in a similar boat.
While we certainly will be behind others in the RPI, there may be other factors that keep us in the mix if we finish strong. But it will likely depend upon what happens with other teams, how we do in the ACCT, etc...

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic