Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Recruiting Update: Clemson commit named to All-USA Football 1st-team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 2,341

Football Recruiting Update: Clemson commit named to All-USA Football 1st-team

Dec 26, 2014, 10:37 AM

Clemson commit named to All-USA Football 1st-team

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's awesome! I really hope we can redshirt him

Dec 26, 2014, 11:50 AM

And all of the other lineman is this class. No doubt Mitch and the rest of these incoming lineman will be great but the offensive line is probably the hardest position to play as a true freshman imo. Every offensive lineman needs a year to build up strength and get accustomed to the speed of college football. I just don't see how a true freshman can come in and block 300 pound junior/senior defensive lineman. I know the coaches will know what's best for these guys but imo I think its always best to redshirt lineman unless we need them for depth

Re: That's awesome! I really hope we can redshirt him

Dec 26, 2014, 1:18 PM

We really need some of them for the depth tho. Your right about lineman being hardest to contribute 1st year but Hyatt and maybe one other will be needed In the 2 deep for depth. We will lose 3 starters of a already thin o-line. The o-line will be a concern for us next year just like this year but I feel this will only be a concern for next year, after that we will be stacked on the o-line Forsure

Why Redshirt?

Dec 26, 2014, 2:18 PM [ in reply to That's awesome! I really hope we can redshirt him ]

Everyone on TigerNet seems to assume that Freshman linemen cannot contribute on 2-deep. Elite lineman can. Notice that of the eight starting tackles in the championship series, 3 are true Freshman with Ala & Fla St's at left tackle. Upper 4 star and 5 star talent can play and probably will if they are early enrollees.

Re: Why Redshirt?

Dec 26, 2014, 6:46 PM

Yes, we will lose some key contributors, but counting on freshmen on the OL is always risky. My guess is that either Hyatt or Jake F will play as true freshmen simply because we need them to. That said, they'll be better as sophomores and juniors than as freshmen. From a distance, the need may be greater in the interior than at tackle, at least next season.

Replies: 4
| visibility 2,341
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic