Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Validation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

New Story: Validation

Nov 12, 2014, 7:01 AM

Validation

Saturday’s noon kickoff at Georgia Tech is about more than just another win, it’s about a prime bowl slot and it’s about winning in a place that has seen its share of Clemson heartbreak. But it’s also about validation. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes !!! Get it done, Tigers !!!

Nov 12, 2014, 7:09 AM

Well done, Mr. Hood-Steele

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: New Story: Validation

Nov 12, 2014, 7:33 AM

Pretty well thought out, and pretty well said. You are right. I want us to come out swinging on Saturday and to play a 60 minute game wide open. A beat down in Atlanta over GT will make a pretty good statement, and a follow up biddy stomping at the end will finish the job for the regular season. I hope we make a statement!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coaching

Nov 12, 2014, 8:01 AM

This game, much like last Thursday, comes down to coaching. Let's face it, it is not easy getting up for a Thursday night game in front of the massive crowd in Winston-Salem. Conversely, our players have nary a one seen the heartbreak that we, the fans have experienced going to Atlanta for the chop block party. The bell tolls for our coaches to stoke the fire in this campaign. Fight Tigers, fight tigers, fight, fight, fight!!! And please ACC, leave Rhoads and Cherry at home...

Re: Coaching

Nov 12, 2014, 8:04 AM

We win if we protect the football and stop the better share of their 3rd down attempts (they lead CFB in 3rd Down %) .
I believe Watson is a difference that they cannot defend , and I also believe that our running game is getting better each week.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 12, 2014, 8:23 AM

Well said Mr. Hood-Steele! If that doesn't get your BP up you don't desrve a pulse! It's no secret they're going to run the ball...stack be box and trust Alexander. If we pull Peters out on an island their vaunted offense will indeed suck! See what I did there? Am I doowen it rite?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2014, 8:51 AM

Yes, I see what you did there if you were speaking about patting yourself on the back. Job well done;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2014, 8:27 AM

This team has had to fight tooth and nail for everything they've gotten this season. At the end of the day, this game will be all about who wants it more. Go prove how much you're willing to fight, Tigers.

Mickey's right, for this season to be considered anywhere

Nov 12, 2014, 8:39 AM

near a success, we MUST win out. Beat the Bees and beat the Coots, make it to the Orange Bowl and look good there. If we match up with the first SEC team out of the four team playoffs, we absolutely cannot get blown out or pushed around. I really dont want to face Bama. that is a bad matchup for this Tiger team. Notre Dame would be a good matchup for us.

Disagree, now Alabama is a good match-up - see what

Nov 12, 2014, 9:11 AM

Johnny FB did to them a couple of years ago, Watson could do the same. However, I would rather have a good opponent from say the Big 12 just to have more national coverage!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We'd be fine v Bama..***

Nov 12, 2014, 10:58 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

I disagree also

Nov 12, 2014, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Mickey's right, for this season to be considered anywhere ]

Bama isn't ready for an SEC Defense and an ACC Offense!

Thing is Nicky is great with so much time prepare.

Nov 12, 2014, 10:09 AM

Unless he and the team don't want to be there like last year against Oklahoma. Lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You got that right *

Nov 12, 2014, 9:19 AM

yes sir

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"They don't care, we do"

Nov 12, 2014, 9:31 AM

That's what PI$$ES me off about losing to these nerds! They've never cared as much as we do, yet they have gotten the best of us more often than not throughout history. They only fill up their stadium once a year, and that's either us or UGA. Most of their fan base could care less about the other 10+ games. BEAT THE NERDS!

I have a very unsettling feeling that our Orange Bowl chances are fixing to flame out.

Nov 12, 2014, 9:42 AM

I think Miami is gonna knock off FSU Saturday. Hopefully I'm wrong, and they use the fact a one loss Oregon jumped them as motivation and pick it up a notch. Play like they have the last two, three weeks, and they'll lose Saturday

Re: I have a very unsettling feeling that our Orange Bowl chances are fixing to flame out.

Nov 12, 2014, 10:32 AM

No....FSU will find a way to come out on top. They are the luckiest team in the country right now. They will win out. We have to do the same. Beat the BEES and then BEAT THE COOTS!!!!!

I honestly don't care if we go to the orange bowl

Nov 12, 2014, 1:45 PM [ in reply to I have a very unsettling feeling that our Orange Bowl chances are fixing to flame out. ]

I just want us to win out. If FSU loses a game then so be it. I'm not worried about them. I just want us to near GT, GAST and SC and ill call it a successful season despite what bowl game we go to

I have a very unsettling feeling that our Orange Bowl chances are fixing to flame out.

Nov 12, 2014, 9:42 AM [ in reply to "They don't care, we do" ]

I think Miami is gonna knock off FSU Saturday. Hopefully I'm wrong, and they use the fact a one loss Oregon jumped them as motivation and pick it up a notch. Play like they have the last two, three weeks, and they'll lose Saturday

Nice piece of writing

Nov 12, 2014, 9:52 AM

We are lucky to have you guys/gals writing for Clemson!

I want the D to bust snot bubbles out their helmet earholes

Nov 12, 2014, 10:17 AM

Sorry...I got a little worked up.

Re: I want the D to bust snot bubbles out their helmet earholes

Nov 12, 2014, 1:06 AM

hahahahahaha.....that was a fun visualization

Nov 12, 2014, 10:24 AM

It sure would be great to see FSU lose to Miami. Correct.me if.I'M wrong, but don't they have BC and the.Gators left also? Would be nice to see them lose to BC also (can't remember if they have played them). 2 ACC losses and.here we.go to play Duke for Conference.Championship. What a way to end the season. Got to win the rest one game at a time. GO TIGERS!!

TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS SATURDAY.....

Nov 12, 2014, 10:26 AM

GO TIGERS...BEAT TECH...

Nov 12, 2014, 10:54 AM

It is a big game but shouldn't be a tombstone game in my humble opinion. Can't waste a tombstone on a team that lost to the mighty Tar Heels. GT defense is weak.

Nov 13, 2014, 8:58 PM

Thanks so much for your insight into Clemson football... all too often, your analyses are spot-on. I just find myself nodding in agreement when I read your articles. I have been attending Clemson football games for 60 years-- since 1954-- and I can truly say that "my blood runneth orange." I can't tell you how many times I have read your articles and thought, "...I hope the coaching staff is reading this." Keep up the good work, and congratulations on your marriage... I would be remiss if I didn't say, "you out-kicked your coverage on that one!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic