Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: North Carolina offensive lineman happy to be a Tiger
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 5,284

New Story: North Carolina offensive lineman happy to be a Tiger

Aug 15, 2014, 9:24 PM

North Carolina offensive lineman happy to be a Tiger

Logan Tisch, a 6-3, 290-pound guard out of Chapel Hill (NC) told Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney earlier this week that he wanted to be a Clemson Tiger and accepted a preferred walk-on spot. Why did he choose Clemson? What is his family connection? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: North Carolina offensive lineman happy to be a Tiger

Aug 15, 2014, 9:42 PM

I bet that there isnt a single one of the Coots 28 Re-Croots that can even spell BioSystems Engineering.
See , there is virtually no story on a Clemson subject where one can fail to find the Dirtpecker insult angle.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 15, 2014, 9:49 PM

maybe one day Tisch will discover a cure for whatever is in the water down there in cola, but I imagine he will pursue something a little useful to man kind.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2014, 10:14 PM

I'll just take a "cure" for whatever is in the water in Clemson! It's awful. Lol.

Aug 15, 2014, 10:22 PM

Blasphemy !

No seriously ...whats in Clemson's water supply ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Because it all starts in Lake Hartwell***

Aug 15, 2014, 10:29 PM

Aug 16, 2014, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: North Carolina offensive lineman happy to be a Tiger ]

Clemson water tastes like dirt

Aug 15, 2014, 10:30 PM

You sound like a real Clemson man already! Best of luck to you, I look forward to hearing about you for years to come.

Spot the dang ball! Go tigers!

That's Awesome, we got exactly what Dabo wanted!!

Aug 15, 2014, 10:33 PM

Another huge OL without using a scholarship. This guy is hungry and looks like he fits with the other top rated OL we got this year. This is much better than giving a scholarship to Bailey who didn't look near as intelligent or as athletic as Logan Tisch 6-3 290 and growing.

Dabo uses the awesome parts of Clemson to recruit. Like Logan's sister and our engineering school reputation.

This opens up a spot so we could take a late WR and Huggins.

Go Tigers!! Where it just keeps getting better and the coots jealously look on wishing their future looked so bright. Talk why you think you can coots because this is going to become really embarrassing really Quick!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: That's Awesome, we got exactly what Dabo wanted!!

Aug 15, 2014, 10:40 PM

Bailey didn't deserve that , man . He isn't stupid and he is very talented.
His important decision making ability , however.....

DB23

Aug 16, 2014, 7:01 AM

Tigerdug23 I never said nor would I that Bailey was stupid or he isn't talented. I said I felt like he was more talented and more intelligent. I stand by that having seen him play. There is a difference in intelligence in my opinion. Bailey wanted to go to the Coots for Criminal Justice compared to Engineering school.

Hold on to my post because I stick with my opinion. Here is what you I said...lol

(Another huge OL without using a scholarship. This guy is hungry and looks like he fits with the other top rated OL we got this year. This is much better than giving a scholarship to Bailey who didn't look near as intelligent or as athletic as Logan Tisch 6-3 290 and growing.)

Here's what you said I said while giving my opinion..lol

( Bailey didn't deserve that , man . He isn't stupid and is very taleted.)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let’s Go Tigers!

Aug 16, 2014, 7:08 AM [ in reply to Re: That's Awesome, we got exactly what Dabo wanted!! ]

Tigerdug23 I never said nor would I that Bailey was stupid or he isn't talented. I said I felt like he was more talented and more intelligent. I stand by that having seen him play. There is a difference in intelligence in my opinion. Bailey wanted to go to the Coots for Criminal Justice compared to Engineering school.

Hold on to my post because I stick with my opinion. Here is what I said...lol

(Another huge OL without using a scholarship. This guy is hungry and looks like he fits with the other top rated OL we got this year. This is much better than giving a scholarship to Bailey who didn't look near as intelligent or as athletic as Logan Tisch 6-3 290 and growing.)

Here's what you said I said while giving my opinion..lol

( Bailey didn't deserve that , man . He isn't stupid and is very taleted.)

Let’s Go Tigers!

Aug 16, 2014, 7:35 AM [ in reply to Re: That's Awesome, we got exactly what Dabo wanted!! ]

Never mind man, I just saw Goose Creek on your city. It's your home school. I didn't mean to upset you but I realize your upset because Bailey went to your school and chose the coots. I'd be the same way. If I had not seen the guy from Durham play I wouldn't say he's that good but I think we got a steal. I wanted Bailey too but I cut my losses quick.

Let’s Go Tigers!

I will go out on a limb and say that this was probably not

Aug 15, 2014, 10:47 PM [ in reply to That's Awesome, we got exactly what Dabo wanted!! ]

exactly what Dabo wanted.

Logan Tisch could be a future Phillip Price.

But to siggest that taking a preferred walk-on instead of landing one of the 2-3 highly regarded OL who were till on our board a couple of weeks ago was a conscious decision by Dabo and the staff is a bit disingenuous and far fetched.

That much said ... Logan Tisch WANTED to be a Tiger and those other guys didn't. So screw those guys and welcome to Clemson Mr. Tisch!

^^^amen brotha! ^^^

Aug 15, 2014, 11:41 PM

Very well said!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I will go out on a limb and say that this was probably not

Aug 15, 2014, 11:45 PM [ in reply to I will go out on a limb and say that this was probably not ]

He could very well be another Phillip Price. It all starts in the weight room.

Aug 15, 2014, 11:42 PM [ in reply to That's Awesome, we got exactly what Dabo wanted!! ]

Get him in the weight room for a year, let him work in the system, and he could be a "sleeper."

Aug 16, 2014, 2:20 AM [ in reply to That's Awesome, we got exactly what Dabo wanted!! ]

To think the staff wanted Tisch over one of the top OL recruits in the country is laughable. This kid is a project. One who looks like he has potential, but a project nonetheless. We've pulled in some studs along the OL for this cycle, so nothing wrong with taking on a project.

I hate when we miss out on kids like Bailey. Kids it seemed like we were close to landing. However, for whatever reason, they chose to go elsewhere. Maybe they felt more comfortable somewhere else. Maybe some have went elsewhere due to philosophy. Who knows, but it's kinda harsh to bash a kid cuz he chooses to go somewhere besides Clemson. Plus ya never know, signing day is still a few months off. Things could somehow change between now & then. That's why I hate to see these kids trashed for not choosing Clemson, cuz if for some reason they reopened their recruitment, those kinds of things could keep them from choosing us a second time. If they wanna be here, fantastic. If not, great. Best of luck wherever you do choose.

Aug 16, 2014, 7:57 AM [ in reply to That's Awesome, we got exactly what Dabo wanted!! ]

Yep, and he is for free.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 16, 2014, 9:56 AM

Here's to you Logan, do great things at Clemson.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm probably in the minority here

Aug 16, 2014, 11:28 AM

But I believe a preferred walk-on is guaranteed a scholarship at a later date. If that is the case, I'm not a fan of this offer. We are recruiting at such a high level, I don't see the value of offering a scholarship to a marginal/project type kid.

He seems like a fantastic young man, I wish him nothing but the very best and hope he becomes a HOF NFL OL but with 85 scholarships, I'm not as excited about this offer as most here. Not a single D1 offer is very concerning as this seems to fall into our old OL recruiting methodology - which has been very poor until very recently.

Hopefully they see something no other D1 coach saw and get this one right but seems like a risky offer to me. You simply can't win at the highest level without high quality players.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm probably in the minority here

Aug 16, 2014, 11:33 AM

You shouldnt look at star ratings so much.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't

Aug 16, 2014, 4:25 PM

Just looked at his film and offer list.

you are wrong

Aug 16, 2014, 11:44 AM [ in reply to I'm probably in the minority here ]

a preferred walk-on is not guaranteed a scholarship at a later date.

Good news - thanks***

Aug 16, 2014, 4:26 PM

Replies: 24
| visibility 5,284
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic