Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Dan Radakovich on Clemson Sports Talk
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1

FB Update: Dan Radakovich on Clemson Sports Talk

Jul 25, 2014, 8:17 AM

Dan Radakovich on Clemson Sports Talk

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Dan Radakovich on Clemson Sports Talk

Jul 25, 2014, 10:08 AM

With this player safety BS that keeps Refs throwing flags an entire game b/c every single ref has a different opinion of the rules and what constitutes a legal non legal hit. Like the Shuey/Miller hit, or the Clown Mich. player hit.

I'm sure that a computer program can be developed with all the angles, speed, trajectory of the tackler from where he's coming from to determine if these hits were meant to cause injury, or could they have been avoided. In Shuey's case,IMO, I personally didn't see any mean intention to cause injury. It was just a good solid FB tackle.

Boyd's TD could have in a split second, been determine whether or not the ball broke the plain with some type of sensor. It took the replay booth that held the game up 5 minutes to make the wrong call. A program run with the very same camera views we all had could have made the right call before the kicking team could have lined up.

They have a computer program that can determine the winner of two drag racing cars side by side at over 300 mph nose to nose. And the true winner of 15 people crossing the finish line together. With 5 horeses crossing the finish line simultaneously and they know exactly the horse nose that broke the plane first. They can build a program that could determine if a player or the ball was ever at anytime out of the rectangle FB field boundaries, or if the ball broke the plane.

Just saying that in FB to many different opinions making judgement calls from one ref to the other. And they are still making the wrong calls with video replay. I know the replay booth saw the same as us. Undisputed evidence was right in their face, but they still disputed it, and made the wrong call. They can take human bias or era out of those calls.

As far as the ball breaking the plane of the goal line. That's easy, just put a micro sensor in like a web inside the ball. And when the ball is pumped up, the sensor would be suspended inside at the center of the ball for a shock resistor affect for the sensor. It could be determined if the ball broke the plane even if it couldn't be seen through video.

I know its out there but, with the technology we have, the ball breaking the plane was a senseless era by a blind idiot. Computer programs are in everything else, why not get it more involved in FB and let the game be played without idiots making their own personal opinion calls. IMO, personal opinion calls that could determine a win or a loss should be taken out of the refs hands when possible in every situation of the game.

Just saying that FB needs fixing. There is just to much these days involved in just one win or loss, or just one play that determines a win from a loss....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic