Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: ACC Network to be available in 78.4% of U.S homes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

FB Update: ACC Network to be available in 78.4% of U.S homes

Jul 19, 2014, 11:37 AM

ACC Network to be available in 78.4% of U.S homes

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully this settles, for once and for all, that it is

Jul 19, 2014, 11:49 AM

more important to focus on overall conference brand strength and then the TV will take care of itself, rather then to try and cherry pick teams based on their individual (supposed) market as if we are locked into only the markets where we have teams. That has been the folly of this entire 10 years of expansion.

RAYCOM is today, as it's always been, a second rate "network."

Jul 19, 2014, 11:54 AM

The commentators SUCK and the production values of the product itself is lacking, and that's putting it mildly. Nepotism at its finest. Swofford had to make sure RAYCOM was included in the last TV deals, looking out for his son who is one of the higher ups there, instead of making sure the product comes first

Re: RAYCOM is today, as it's always been, a second rate "network."

Jul 19, 2014, 12:36 PM

You just dont have a clue how big ESPN and their umbrella networks are. To be 2nd place to the evil empire is very #### impressive

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The ACC Network needs to include a singular channel.

Jul 19, 2014, 11:54 AM

And it would be a success.. The ACC has nore success in a broader spectrum of sports than any other conference, which naturally lends itself to an ACC channel.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: FB Update: ACC Network to be available in 78.4% of U.S homes

Jul 19, 2014, 11:58 AM

That's odd. According to the UNC Math Department 132.1% of US households would have the ACC Network. Let me check that UNC report again...

Oh, I read it wrong. It's actually 132.i% I thought the i was a 1 considering 1 is a number and stuff. My bad!

Still not as impressive as the 329er.897th% prediction for the SEC Network. :(

~JKB

wrong logo***

Jul 19, 2014, 12:33 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Reach vs Watched

Jul 19, 2014, 12:48 PM

The so called ACC Network may reach close to 80% of the homes in coverage footprint but will be watched by less than 20%. The Nielsen rating for an ACC game on Raycom vs an ACC game on ESPN in the same time slot isn't even close, or for any other conference's game on ESPN in the same time slot. The only propose of this press release is for Swoffie to spin the stats ahead of the launch of the SEC Network in a few weeks. Weak attempt at that if you pay attention to the wording. Reach means nothing if those viewers (and potential national recruits) aren't tuned into the game.

Re: FB Update: ACC Network to be available in 78.4% of U.S homes

Jul 19, 2014, 2:45 PM

That's great since I'm moving to Dallas this fall.

Thank you so much, Swofford family!

Jul 20, 2014, 10:00 AM

This is an obvious attempt to make Swoffie's son's commission legit.

I work for my father, but he invented the Skim Milk Dud.

yeah...

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic