Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Pete Roussel picks Clemson to win National Championship
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

FB Update: Pete Roussel picks Clemson to win National Championship

Jun 27, 2014, 4:10 PM

Pete Roussel picks Clemson to win National Championship

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Pete Roussel picks Clemson to win National Championship

Jun 27, 2014, 4:13 PM

What the what?

Jun 27, 2014, 4:15 PM

Can't possibly be! This dude's about to lose his job??

Jun 27, 2014, 4:15 PM

Pete! What you been smoking?
Thanks for your confidence

Was just coming to post this to the Tigerboards

Jun 27, 2014, 4:16 PM

But he says he was on hand for the Spring Game and apparently he really liked what he saw. I'm glad to see we have some believers, even on a year that is nationally thought as a rebuilding year for us.

Go Tigers!

I also like what he added at the bottom!

Jun 27, 2014, 4:19 PM

"This Clemson pick isn’t to be different. WARNING: Do not sleep on the Tigers."

Are we sure this isn't a Clemson guy?

Re: I also like what he added at the bottom!

Jun 27, 2014, 4:21 PM

Could Dabo be writing under a pen name?

Re: I also like what he added at the bottom!

Jun 27, 2014, 4:48 PM

He forgot Tavaris Barnes....

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Yep, Steve Spurrier

Jun 28, 2014, 4:06 PM

-Dr. Tesla

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Well, I'm telling my age but,

Jun 27, 2014, 6:47 PM [ in reply to Was just coming to post this to the Tigerboards ]

I remember in 1981 nobody expected us to win that year either. Go Tigers !!

Re: Well, I'm telling my age but,

Jun 28, 2014, 10:11 AM

I've been saying we would win every year since 1981. One of these days I'm going to be right. ;)

Re: Was just coming to post this to the Tigerboards

Jun 27, 2014, 11:19 PM [ in reply to Was just coming to post this to the Tigerboards ]

I don't believe it will be a rebuilding year. I believe this is a reloading year, and we will be reloading bigger weapons with heavier ammunition. Time will tell, but we are headed for great things, IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who has he picked in the past? Somebody get on this.***

Jun 27, 2014, 4:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Last year he picked Baylor vs Bama

Jun 27, 2014, 4:24 PM

Who weren't far from playing in the championship game

We've got a go getter on our hands. I like it.***

Jun 27, 2014, 4:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

This renowned college football expert is obviously a genius

Jun 27, 2014, 4:25 PM

although I've never heard of him...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I concur.***

Jun 27, 2014, 4:32 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This renowned college football expert is obviously a genius

Jun 27, 2014, 5:29 PM [ in reply to This renowned college football expert is obviously a genius ]

My new favorite writer. I think Im gonna send him flowers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: This renowned college football expert is obviously a genius

Jun 27, 2014, 5:31 PM

We could lose the opener and get there , provided we won out . If we lose two there is zero chance of it happening ...less than zero

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

He is sharp. We chat sports often at our MENSA meets***

Jun 27, 2014, 6:36 PM [ in reply to This renowned college football expert is obviously a genius ]

Jun 27, 2014, 4:40 PM

Cool dude Pete Roussel believe in The University Of Clemson. I believe too

Jun 27, 2014, 5:19 PM

Why would his pick be so hard to believe. The biggest worry for most is Cole but, IMO, I think that Cole has what it will take for our young receivers to be successful, Accuracy with the short pass. And I'm sure he is working on some of the deeper routes during this summer. With our D and Cole under center, we have a chance to go undefeated if our suspension for that first game don't bite us in the A$S to hard...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2014, 5:18 PM

This man has massive problems.

Jun 27, 2014, 5:21 PM

Not near the problems as being a coksucker does!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em capon

Jun 27, 2014, 5:24 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Pete Roussel picks Clemson to win National Championship ]

Irony is your name

This coming from a t-net stalker...strange.***

Jun 27, 2014, 5:44 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Pete Roussel picks Clemson to win National Championship ]

You mean this guy gets paid to state the obvious?

Jun 27, 2014, 5:30 PM

Is this the infamous "Captain Obvious" I see on TV commercials? ;)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know, right?***

Jun 27, 2014, 7:24 PM

Jun 27, 2014, 5:44 PM

Heck I picked Clemson to win it all in Feb. and no one writes about what I say! :( :)

Huh, how about that....so did I

Jun 27, 2014, 6:41 PM

Why am I not on Tigernet front page?

Jun 27, 2014, 10:28 PM

I'm not an optimist; I generally sit somewhere in between realist and cynical a$#####. With that said, I see this as a very high ceiling year for Clemson; there's also a chance for this to be a much less successful year than the last two.

The reason for our high ceiling is simple: our defense has a chance to be great and our offense is led by arguably the best o coordinator in the country. And Alabama proved over a four year stretch that you don't even need a great offense to be world beaters. Great coaching and consistent winning is a novel concept for Clemson fans 40 years and younger, but this is Clemson Football 2014. We're a fan-base that's just as jaded by Clemson football as some of the ESPN guys.

The guys at STS would call me a sunshine pumper, and I appreciate (some of) their work, but this is a special time for Clemson and the future is very bright. I'm not surprised this guy has backed us; I have high hopes for the year and no one in our fan base should be surprised by or expect anything but greatness.

Obviously, if there are some hiccups and we regress, don't be the guy that wants Dabo fired; he's a huge part of the reason we have such lofty expectations in the first place.

I agree with your sentiments

Jun 28, 2014, 7:57 AM

Defense wins championships. Period. We just need Cole to be consistent, turnover free and the offense needs to average 30 points a game and not 40 like the previous years. We'll win ton of games and with a few lucky breaks we could win it all

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Jun 28, 2014, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Pete Roussel picks Clemson to win National Championship ]

Well said, and I agree. I don't know if any other fan base in the country is as fast to persecute a coach as we are here in Clemson. But, I do believe that Dabo is one of the main reasons for the progress at Clemson. That is saying a lot coming from me because I thought that TDP made a huge mistake when he hired Dabo. Dabo has proven to me that he is more than capable of leading this program to eliteness.
I tink that a NC may be asking a lot this year, but I do agree with the writers final statement. I think Clemson and especially Cole Stoudt will surprise a lot of people this season. I think we hand it to Georgia again, and this is the year we quieten up those Coots. Florida State will be the real challenge this year.
I will be more shocked by a lackluster year than by a great one.

Cole Stoudt the Hero and to be Heisman Trophy winner***

Jun 27, 2014, 11:12 PM

Tease lol***

Jun 28, 2014, 2:42 PM

Jun 28, 2014, 3:20 PM

maybe I'm wrong, but I truly believe tigers will be better this year than last. love tajh and all he accomplished, but I think he was the weak link in major match ups. props for preparing for lsu and osu, but put us in binds against fsu and usuck. tigers are deeper at skill positions all over the board. defense is nasty, nasty, nasty. if tigers beat uga, do not discount a serious run. I firmly believe the only question mark is fsu in Tallahassee. that will be a war.

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

The Mini-Buzzard's: ain't gonna like this....

Jun 28, 2014, 4:02 PM

Fifth place ring hock values plummet..

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

This is not as far fetched as yall may think...

Jun 28, 2014, 4:11 PM

Consider this...
1. Defense wins championships.This will be our best defense under Dabo and many say one of the best in nation.
2. The loss of sammy is big but having several capable receivers to spread the wealth may be just as tough to defend.
3. A healthy stable of running backs will allow morris to run more the offense he desires.
4. Our opponents with biggest challenge seem to be uga...fsu...and sc. Are u saying our chances of winning all three are slim? Who says we wont drop one and win out and still make final 4. If we drop uga then win out with wins at fsu and end season beating sc and acccg an 12-1 clemson team would be infinal 4.
5. As much as tajh did for us he struggled mental part of game. If cole s will show mental ability to not get rattled morris will call the offense to give our team a great chance of winning every game.
6. Ohio st is only other team with a schedule advantage over us and they will lose un final 4.

Go Tigers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2014, 8:54 PM

One thing I hate in sports analysis is when a so called "expert" says something like "remember this name" or "write this name down" and then gives the name of an All-American. I think everyone wrote Vic Beasley's name down last year. Say something meaningful or shutup.

There is zero chance that two ACC teams will be selected for

Jun 30, 2014, 10:52 PM

the playoff. Mike Slive would immediately dorm division IV, organize his own tournament, and sell the rights to ESPN for $2.5B.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic