Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Bourret Stat on Clemson recruiting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,442

FB Update: Bourret Stat on Clemson recruiting

Feb 6, 2014, 11:24 PM

Bourret Stat on Clemson recruiting

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Late nighting it, I see....The last stat is the most telling***

Feb 6, 2014, 11:41 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Late nighting it, I see....The last stat is the most telling***

Feb 7, 2014, 12:04 AM

The star rating can work as an indicator, but it should never be the last word on any recruit. A lot of HS recruits don't begin to mature until after they get into college. I think we have some of the best coaches in evaluating HS talent. And they haven't missed on many, and they are able to see through the star rating in the 2 and 3 star recruits they offer. It may not look good in the end rankings of a class, but it sure has paid off with on the field so far with our coaches. And that is one of Dabo's biggest strengths, evaluating talent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Character, too. I think the days of 'drama queens' are gone***

Feb 7, 2014, 12:15 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Character, too. I think the days of 'drama queens' are gone***

Feb 7, 2014, 2:24 PM

Alabama's former QB, A.J. McCarron might have pointed out the biggest problem with the star system. He basically said that when player came to Alabama, they were expected to play their freshmen year because of how good they were in high school.

I have always said that you evaluate talent by watching them. Then you have to figure how that talent adapts to what you do on the field. To me that is what the Clemson coaching staff does better than any other.

I can recall when people spoke about Spencer Shuey. I believe people were harping on him being a 2-star or 3-star and how he is a pretty good back up MLB. See how that turned out.

Why our ranking is nice to look at and is great to boast about to the school in the middle of the state, the most important thing is the maturation of the talent we possess; not the star-ranking we have.

GO TIGERS!

Re: Late nighting it, I see....The last stat is the most telling***

Feb 7, 2014, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Late nighting it, I see....The last stat is the most telling*** ]

Mike Bellamy...nough said.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,442
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic