Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Venables: "We stoned them"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,138

Front Page Story: Venables: "We stoned them"

Sep 29, 2013, 2:27 AM

Venables: "We stoned them"

Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables was blunt and to the point when describing the effort of his defense during Saturday’s 56-7 victory over Wake Forest: “We stoned them.” Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Venables: "We stoned them"

Sep 29, 2013, 9:43 AM

I really like the way Venables approaches the game, tough, smart and not happy with everything but realistic and can see improvement like all of us fans can from 2 or 3 years ago under Steele. I only remember one or maybe two missed tackles in the whole game yesterday as compared to under Steele when it was easier to count the tackles we completed instead of the ones we missed.

If Morris leaves after the year for a head coaching job we might have to rely on our defense more than we do now and think Venables and company will get to that point in the next year or two.

Saying all that Wake Forest is pretty horrible and I want to see our defense have this kind of performance against FSU or Carolina.

There were a lot more than 2 misses, but as a whole

Sep 29, 2013, 10:06 AM

It was a good performance. It really does seem like our safeties are where the majority of the trouble is. On multiple occasions I saw us flying along the sidelines going for the big hit, only to whiff and sail past empty handed.

On a positive note, the DL spent all game in the Wake backfield, the LBs had an awesome game, and the corners did a pretty good job too. Was fun to see Boulware get that pick, too.

I agree...

Sep 29, 2013, 11:40 AM

Blanks in particular will be called out wen they watch the film. He played terribly!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Finally impressed with Venables

Sep 29, 2013, 5:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Venables: "We stoned them" ]

always incredible to completely shut down any in-conference team regardless of the team. congrats to venables and the players.

You should have seen it... there was this blind guy the

Sep 29, 2013, 10:22 AM

other day... and he was hitting people in the legs with a stick. So naturally I confronted him says to him, I says "If we do this, there’s gonna be two hits. Me hittin’ you, and Kid Rock’s “Bawitdaba” playin’ in the background." Then sure enough, BAM BAM BAM, I stoned him.

It's kind of the same. Yes the defense is improved, but it's kind of like beating up a blind person then bragging about it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

WF would not feel so all alone...everybody must get stoned***

Sep 29, 2013, 10:23 AM

That's what happened when you pull a "Clemson" :)***

Sep 29, 2013, 2:32 PM

Now THIS is HD at its finest!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,138