Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Clemson's OL fought the flu, injuries and suspension Saturday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Football Update: Clemson's OL fought the flu, injuries and suspension Saturday

Sep 28, 2013, 8:10 PM

Clemson's OL fought the flu, injuries and suspension Saturday

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wonder if we caught the funk from Clowney***

Sep 28, 2013, 8:23 PM

Who played center?***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guillermo mostly.***

how can you play with a 103 fever

Sep 28, 2013, 8:25 PM

I don't care how much of a badass you are, 103 is sick as a dog.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Obviously he was exaggerating***

Sep 28, 2013, 8:33 PM

Re: how can you play with a 103 fever

Sep 28, 2013, 10:35 PM [ in reply to how can you play with a 103 fever ]

no way! i know Jay. He has no quit and would play if he was missing an appendage if the coaches said to go in.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

103 is nothing - Clowney once played with 99 degree fever***

Sep 28, 2013, 8:25 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Somehow this would make sense to espn***

Sep 28, 2013, 8:26 PM

Ok, wonder why flu shots are not taken by all players?

Sep 28, 2013, 8:27 PM

I realize they probably can't make them take a flu shot, but I would think most would do it.

Not only is it risky for the individual player to get the flu, they then can spread it to the entire team.

I doubt that he has the flu...

Sep 28, 2013, 8:32 PM

a viral infection maybe, but not the flu. The real flu will kick your butt and with a fever that high with the flu, you can barely move.

Also, it is too early for flu season. That is why the shots are being offered now.

This is an early flu season. Several confirmed in Augusta.***

Sep 29, 2013, 7:57 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Flu shots are not a guarantee

Sep 28, 2013, 8:35 PM [ in reply to Ok, wonder why flu shots are not taken by all players? ]

They only inoculate you for a handful of viruses which the industry thinks will be prevalent that year. And, it is possible that it was a different virus type altogether.

But NO reason not to get them.***

Sep 28, 2013, 9:14 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: But NO reason not to get them.***

Sep 29, 2013, 2:22 AM

If you have a healthy immune system and are not elderly, there is plenty of reasons not to get them.

http://vactruth.com/2013/02/01/8-damn-good-reasons/

I work in a hospital system that makes me get the flu shot, but since I am one that can give the shots, every year I get 0.5 ml of good ole normal saline shot SQ into my arm.

All the other people can line the pockets of big pharm while they inject you with unknowns, as for me, I will take my annual hydration and move on...

If you do HAVE to get the shot, I recommend the live intranasal vaccine. Live may sound bad, but it does not have all the harmful neurotoxins that the injection has, and it is such a minute amount of virus, a healthy immune system takes care of it. Just don't go see mema for about 10 days afterward though.

So you are saying that you violate the Hospitals public

Sep 29, 2013, 11:51 AM

safety policy but lying about getting a flu shot?

^^^^^^ Truth on Tiger Net!

Sep 29, 2013, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Re: But NO reason not to get them.*** ]

Hard to argue that, especially coming from someone "in" the system. Good for you. We are responsible for our own health period.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Win, lose or draw . . . I'm a Tiger fan forevermore!

Hurricane Duane

Two points

Sep 28, 2013, 9:05 PM [ in reply to Ok, wonder why flu shots are not taken by all players? ]

Flu shots are just now becoming available.

Flu shots take 2 weeks before they are effective.

Good point about the availability.***

Sep 28, 2013, 10:09 PM

Flu shots only target two or three strains of the virus.

Sep 29, 2013, 8:15 AM [ in reply to Two points ]

There are dozens.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Every man is my superior, in that I may learn something from him."

Flu

Sep 28, 2013, 9:06 PM

Cutiger250, that's prob the most accurate description of the flu I've ever heard. Lol. On second thought ain't a dang thing funny bout the flu.

Re: Football Update: Clemson's OL fought the flu, injuries and suspension Saturday

Sep 28, 2013, 9:11 PM

No wonder the O-Line was so leaky.

Re: Football Update: Clemson's OL fought the flu, injuries and suspension Saturday

Sep 29, 2013, 11:34 AM

IMHO, the OL has been a weakness all along, and I've stated as much. If this is not somehow corrected (and the talent to do so may simply not be there), this is going to bite us in the rear at some point, bigtime. With the possible exception of Shatley, I can't think of one player on our OL line who would be considered a legit pro prospect. Hope I'm wrong. Battle has clearly not come through as hoped, and all I can recall about Giff is defensive players repeatedly whiffig by him and Dabo screaming at him after pulling him from the N.C. State game after he gave up two consecutive sacks. Now, he has a concussion. From what? Certainly not from hitting any opposing linemen.

I just want to thank you for the opportunity to thumbs downn***

Sep 29, 2013, 11:40 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Timothy suffered his concussion early in the NC State game,

Sep 29, 2013, 12:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Clemson's OL fought the flu, injuries and suspension Saturday ]

which played a large role in his subsequent sloppy play to follow. Nobody realized that he got his noggin knocked until later in the game, which was kind of a dangerous situation for him. Obviously it was pretty bad for him to still be out of action more than a week later. You might want to do a little better intel before ripping on our players.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we can ever get a starting 5 established with a....

Sep 29, 2013, 8:33 AM

consistent depth rotation (unit), this offense will then take off. Suspensions, injury, illness, etc. keeps preventing us from nailing down units/roatations. It is however, allowing for more playing time for younger players which should pay dividends in the future.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't say leaky

Sep 29, 2013, 11:26 AM

That announcer was killing me.

Lets not start making Clowney excuses.***

Sep 29, 2013, 11:48 AM

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic